Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:05:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kraftwerk  (Read 2174 times)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Kraftwerk
« on February 17, 2018, 08:34:03 pm by German Rover »
Admittedly they are not everyones cup of tea, but i've seen Kraftwerk tonight.what a show!

if you get chance to see them live, you really should. it adds so much to the records.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Kraftwerk
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2018, 01:01:38 am by hoolahoop »
Admittedly they are not everyones cup of tea, but i've seen Kraftwerk tonight.what a show!

if you get chance to see them live, you really should. it adds so much to the records.

Absolutely love Kraftwerk lucky fella , where did you see them ?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2018, 09:05:01 am by German Rover »

Tallinn. Lovely city well worth a visit

ch-ch rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2018, 05:29:08 pm by ch-ch rover »
They were on at Mainline years ago

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2018, 06:21:54 pm by hoolahoop »

So Donnywolf tells me - I must do those Baltic States , where are you stationed in Germany ?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 19, 2018, 06:27:06 pm by German Rover »
Paderborn. Small cathederal town with loads of British soldiers. It's not to bad a place to be fair. I like it anyway

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 19, 2018, 06:46:47 pm by hoolahoop »
I used to live in Paderborn when my dad was in the army and Münster, Celle, Hannover, Höhne, etc . I dont remember it really well though . My dad was stationed in BAOR from '60-69 with the 13/18th Hussars band , also stationed in Ipoh , Malaysia and some dumps in Hampshire. He was a percussionist so we travelled probably more than the regular soldiers did - doing tattoos, funerals for Malay princes etc . Interesting times , i got a culture shock when i saw the UK was so far behind the Germans on trips back here. I used to speak German effortlessly then and despair now when I have occasion to use it sadly.
I was a lucky kid when it came to travel opportunity,  my dad loved driving and my mum loved culture so we always were travelling to some country or another even if it was just over the Dutch border which we often did at weekends . Travel and foreigners and their food was all taken in our stride until we came home permanently and everything seemed grey and uninteresting ; the food especially here was so boring !! 

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2018, 07:28:09 am by Crowle Rover »

Was it the 3-D show?
Saw them at Nottingham last year doing this.
Absolutely brilliant 2 hour show.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2018, 09:30:12 am by idler »
I used to live in Paderborn when my dad was in the army and Münster, Celle, Hannover, Höhne, etc . I dont remember it really well though . My dad was stationed in BAOR from '60-69 with the 13/18th Hussars band , also stationed in Ipoh , Malaysia and some dumps in Hampshire. He was a percussionist so we travelled probably more than the regular soldiers did - doing tattoos, funerals for Malay princes etc . Interesting times , i got a culture shock when i saw the UK was so far behind the Germans on trips back here. I used to speak German effortlessly then and despair now when I have occasion to use it sadly.
I was a lucky kid when it came to travel opportunity,  my dad loved driving and my mum loved culture so we always were travelling to some country or another even if it was just over the Dutch border which we often did at weekends . Travel and foreigners and their food was all taken in our stride until we came home permanently and everything seemed grey and uninteresting ; the food especially here was so boring !! 
I used to work with a lad from Woodlands called Len Meek. He was with the 13/18 Hussars in both Paderborn and Malayssia about 1966-70 I think.
The GB Olympic sprinter Val Peate's brother was serving with him.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2018, 12:27:23 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

Was in Tallinn myself last week, did a tour of the baltics and just missed seeing them in Vilnius by literally a couple of days, bugger.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2018, 04:34:25 pm by Bollinger »
Saw them at Latitude Festival with the 3D show. One marked off the bucket list. Hard to explain how 4 completely static blokes could be so compelling to watch but I don't necessarily put it down to the effects behind them.

I read that they all clock in an go into their 'factory' every day week in week out and do a set number of hours of playing before clocking off again. All those years of testing, experimenting etc but still no new material in years to show for it.

builder jon

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2018, 07:10:20 am by builder jon »
My son was in the army based in paderbourn he married a German girl from there they now live in thorne mad rovers fan.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2018, 02:13:46 pm by foxbat »
saw Kraftwerk twice in Manchester , once at the Apollo in 2005 and second time
in 2009 when they did a special show at the Velodrome including cycle ride by led by Sir Chris Hoy during their 'Tour de France' number. Excellent

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 01, 2018, 01:13:41 am by hoolahoop »
Never managed to see them but loved their early stuff . I have been playing their stuff ever since this thread began.

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 05, 2018, 06:22:37 am by bahrain rover »
Exactly why I bailed out. And now call Philippines home.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 09, 2018, 03:58:23 pm by Bollinger »
I couldn't quite get out of my head why I kept linking Kraftwerk with Rovers. Must have been thinking of this:

http://https://popularstand.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/the-secret-double-life-of-paul-dickov/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012