Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:17:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 'Our fan' base.  (Read 10763 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: 'Our fan' base.
« Reply #60 on March 02, 2018, 06:12:24 pm by NickDRFC »
Yep, the legend goes on then.
No rugby fans are going to cause any bother, what a nice bunch of chaps.

Hound, if you read my post again I said "I don't like the generalisation that there seems to be that football fans are thugs and rugby fans are gentlemen, but my experience on Saturday seemingly couldn't be more different to those posting on this thread."

That was the parallel I was drawing - not that there are never any issues with rugby crowds, just that in about 7-8 pubs before/after and within the stadium itself I didn't see any. I think it's difficult to argue, though, that by and large rugby fans are far better behaved than rugby fans - the continued lack of segregation surely proves that point.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 02, 2018, 06:21:56 pm by drfchound »
Yep, the legend goes on then.
No rugby fans are going to cause any bother, what a nice bunch of chaps.

Hound, if you read my post again I said "I don't like the generalisation that there seems to be that football fans are thugs and rugby fans are gentlemen, but my experience on Saturday seemingly couldn't be more different to those posting on this thread."

That was the parallel I was drawing - not that there are never any issues with rugby crowds, just that in about 7-8 pubs before/after and within the stadium itself I didn't see any. I think it's difficult to argue, though, that by and large rugby fans are far better behaved than rugby fans - the continued lack of segregation surely proves that point.

Nick, I wasn’t picking out your post in particular mate, and of course I understand that the lack of segregation is a good thing.
However, on Saturday we had a couple of drinks in a pub which was heavily populated with Rotherham and Rovers fans without a hint of any bother.
I don’t subscribe to the assumption that the people who abused Eddie Jones were not rugby fans though.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 02, 2018, 06:33:01 pm by NickDRFC »
Nor do I, the fact they recognised him must mean that they were rugby fans.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 02, 2018, 09:40:31 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I don’t know what group I would come under but my view for what it’s worth is this. I attend rovers games in 4 different ways, and rightly or wrongly I am 4 different people when I do. First, I attend with a couple of mates, nothing mad usually to get out for a bit, result is important but I won’t go home and beat the dog if we lose. Second I will go to an away game anywhere within a 35 mile radius of my in laws (kettering) and that’s so my Mrs gets a good few hours with her old dear and I get a good few hours without her old dear, result important ahead of a night in with some shit tele. Thirdly I attend as a carer, pick up a few relief shifts on a weekend at a local care Home and bring one of the young lands out for a few hours, sometimes with his family, result, interestingly, by and large I have to take or leave, I have to set an example to the young lads and take it on the chin (Rotherham at home very very difficult) but I manage it. Lastly, I like to round as many of the lads up as I can, get beered up nice and early, shout in pubs, be boisterous on trains, the result of these games is the be all and end all of the day, it defines it. I am hideous when we lose, (Rotherham away) usually followed by a drunk twitter rant and general mardy behaviour, yes the word paedo may have left my mouth at some point Saturday. But respect is key, if I was asked to calm it on the train I would straight away, if I was asked to watch my language in the pub I would, if I was asked not to use the word paedo in front of someone’s child, then I wouldn’t. Maybe the shouldn’t have to ask me at 26 years of age but to a degree boys will be boys. My point I guess is that these coked up morons, who only attend what I call the ‘aggro fixtures’ clad with casual gear, surprised when they get marched out of pubs at 10am are ruining it for everybody, from people like me to people like my Nanna. No matter what circumstance I was attending in I wouldn’t dream of stepping on an old dears feet and not acknowledging it or apologising for it. Sooner they f**k off the better.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 03, 2018, 11:39:37 am by Padge_DRFC »
I’m surprised they don’t scrap at rugby out of boredom

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 03, 2018, 12:39:52 pm by RedJ »
It's a much faster game than football, so they'd probably say the same about us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012