Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:25:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Highlights  (Read 4959 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Highlights
« Reply #30 on February 25, 2018, 09:14:57 am by adamtherover »
Don't you mean wright?
my mistake, I thought I saw 16 on the back of the shirt..  shameful defending in the last minute...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 25, 2018, 10:13:34 am by GazLaz »
That’s horrendous by Wright then again by the keeper.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 25, 2018, 11:27:42 am by Bessie Red »
The initial mistake was made by Wright however we dealt with it quite well but then Marosi goes to retrieve the ball when he should have stayed in his goal. Even if the Rotherham player had managed to keep it in he would have had to turn & cross it which by that time the ref would have blown. I think Marosi has made the wrong decision in the heat of the moment & probably wouldn't have made that choice earlier in the game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 25, 2018, 11:53:27 am by dickos1 »
He couldn't have gone back to the goal cause their player would have just collected the ball and scored or passed it to someone in middle
He should've let their player get the ball but just ushered him away.

Either way it's due to wrights bad defending

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 25, 2018, 04:57:33 pm by drfchound »
The initial mistake was made by Wright however we dealt with it quite well but then Marosi goes to retrieve the ball when he should have stayed in his goal. Even if the Rotherham player had managed to keep it in he would have had to turn & cross it which by that time the ref would have blown. I think Marosi has made the wrong decision in the heat of the moment & probably wouldn't have made that choice earlier in the game.

The thing is BR that this is all with the benefit of hindsight and not in real time and under the  pressure of the moment.

It is an easy thing to watch the highlights and say what went wrong.

A very easy game from the stands.

I also doubt whether the ref would have blown the final whistle until the passage of play had ended.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 25, 2018, 05:10:24 pm by Branton Rover »
No doubt it’s a penalty however should never have come to that Wrighty should have taken a lead out of Anderson’s book and hoofed it first & play if you can later

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 25, 2018, 07:41:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I would make the players watch a compilation of all the goals we've conceded late on. Make the buggers suffer like we did yesterday. They must take it on board and learn to deal with added time and not mess about taking liberties. The

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2018, 01:54:07 pm by IDM »
My first view - thought the penalty looked soft.  A few more views and it looks like Marosi leans into their player.  Still soft-ish but we'd be demanding a penalty had it been the same at the other end.

Agreed Wright should have belted it out first time but then again he did make a goal-line block earlier...

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2018, 05:00:16 pm by Dutch Uncle »
My first view - thought the penalty looked soft.  A few more views and it looks like Marosi leans into their player.  Still soft-ish but we'd be demanding a penalty had it been the same at the other end.

Agreed Wright should have belted it out first time but then again he did make a goal-line block earlier...

Where is Trevor Kettle when you need him?

So much encroachment for the penalty - should have been re-taken.  :blush:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012