Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:38:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Acoustics  (Read 5459 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Acoustics
« on February 25, 2018, 03:44:37 am by scawsby steve »
The acoustics in the New York Stadium today were absolutely deafening. What the f*ck is the matter with our stadium? Has it been fitted out with sound-proof cladding?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Acoustics
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2018, 10:10:03 am by colincramb »
The roof has a lot to do with it

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2018, 10:32:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
You get a false perspective when you're in amongst it behind the goal. There is nothing wrong with the acoustics at the Keepmoat.

Substitute all our lot from yesterday into the South Stand and you wouldn't think the same.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2018, 10:38:13 am by Dare to dream! »
Propoer derby atmosphere yesterday, it's been a while since we've had that

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2018, 11:19:55 am by Donnywolf »
The acoustics in the New York Stadium today were absolutely deafening. What the f*ck is the matter with our stadium? Has it been fitted out with sound-proof cladding?

11725 Crowd with 2500 behind one goal singing and 1500 or so = about 33% taking part

Our last game v Fleetwood 7000 + 500 singing + 33 from Fleetwood = about 7% taking part

Thats my take & oh when "they" scored about 9000 let out an endless roar as well that could be heard in Town Centre

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2018, 11:37:06 am by since-1969 »
You get a false perspective when you're in amongst it behind the goal. There is nothing wrong with the acoustics at the Keepmoat.

Substitute all our lot from yesterday into the South Stand and you wouldn't think the same.
Id settle for a better P.A System at the Keepmoat our cheap tinny sounding  tannoys  are just rubbish and detract from the prematch atmosphere which is meant enhanse instead of sounding like a very bad day on Railyway station.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2018, 11:39:30 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, everyone heard the announcement that we wouldn't be served alcohol at half time loud and clear!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 25, 2018, 11:40:21 am by StocktonRover »
Our tannoy system is ok if not a bit too loud when it’s just audio (music or announcements).

It sounds pathetic when it plays sound from the big screen like the adverts or legends interviews etc

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 25, 2018, 11:46:22 am by silent majority »
Our tannoy system is ok if not a bit too loud when it’s just audio (music or announcements).

It sounds pathetic when it plays sound from the big screen like the adverts or legends interviews etc

Its a lot better than it was. The club have spent a long time, and money, trying to get the balance right between the concourses and the stadium bowl. It was another cost cutting exercise by the council when the stadium was originally built.

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 25, 2018, 11:48:44 am by Super Colin Cramb »
Propoer derby atmosphere yesterday, it's been a while since we've had that

From where I was sat I thought it was piss poor. If you think singing peado all game is a great atmosphere then your right. Very little in actual support for the team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 25, 2018, 11:56:04 am by RedJ »
Was that it though? was it really?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 25, 2018, 01:33:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
When you're sat in the end where the singing is the acoustics may sound better, but how much did you hear the Rotherham fans? In the vid I put in the highlights thread you can only just hear the Donny singing even just after the goal.

There may be a small difference though - the steeper raking is well known to improve the acoustics *in* the stand. The slightly more extended roof (and flatter?) may be making a difference in containing the overall sound in the stadium.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 25, 2018, 01:43:07 pm by roversdude »
From just halfway along west Stand it is more often than not hard to hear south Stand (I’m definitely not saying they don’t make noise) - if there is a decent number in away end it seems to be heard

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 25, 2018, 01:45:19 pm by Super Colin Cramb »

Yes really. I was on row C and the language and vile things said in front of kids is wrong. We sang after the goal but very little in support of the team. Not saying we didn’t support the team at all just could of been better.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 25, 2018, 02:11:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The difference between theirs and ours is the number of fans close together.  Their stadium is smaller and with about the same crowd they are closer together.  The challenge for us isn't the ground but getting more people in it....

I like that their ground is closer to the pitch. I don't like the gaps at ours they are too big.  The sound system at the keepmoat is rubbish too.  Bar that our stadium complex is far superb.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 25, 2018, 03:00:47 pm by RedJ »

Yes really. I was on row C and the language and vile things said in front of kids is wrong. We sang after the goal but very little in support of the team. Not saying we didn’t support the team at all just could of been better.

So, with that in mind, it wasn't all chanting paedo at them was it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 25, 2018, 03:45:41 pm by Donnywolf »
To be fair not all the time .... cos we had that original work "sing when your noncing" as well

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 25, 2018, 03:57:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
Our fans were great yesterday. Much louder that theirs for most of the game.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2018, 04:41:15 pm by silent majority »
Its the irony I like; singing 'Rotherham's a shithole I want to go home' followed by 'don't take me home, I want to stay and drink all your beer'.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2018, 06:27:19 pm by the vicar »
When the Rotherscum fans was singing and it was most of the stadium when they scored we could hardly hear them I passed comment where I was and they all agreed so nothing to do with not having my hearing aids in lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2018, 06:52:32 pm by drfchound »

Agreed Stockton, the other week when they were interviewing the legends being inducted into the hall of fame it was virtually impossible to understand what was being said into the microphone.
As for the Harry Gregg video, I didn’t pick up a single word of what he said.

Also, IMO,the pre match music is played far too loud.
It is hard to have a chat with people when it is playing.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 26, 2018, 10:29:50 am by silent majority »

Agreed Stockton, the other week when they were interviewing the legends being inducted into the hall of fame it was virtually impossible to understand what was being said into the microphone.

Is it too loud in the bowl or in the concourses?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 26, 2018, 10:33:26 am by RedJ »
Bowl for sure. Could not make out anything Harry Gregg said. Could barely hear anyone apart from the bloke who does the PA.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 26, 2018, 10:36:51 am by Filo »
I gave up trying to listen to what the match announcer is trying to say a long time ago, can't hear or understand a word he says, and like above, the Harry Gregg interview may well have been done in chinese, could n't hear or understand that either

God help us if there is ever a need for an emergency evacuation

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 26, 2018, 10:48:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don't worry, you will know when you need to evacuate, I can hear the test alarms/announcements from my office 1/2 mile away.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2018, 11:12:00 am by Bristol Red Rover »
....God help us if there is ever a need for an emergency evacuation
I think the rule is when we're 3-0 down and there's 5 minutes to go.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 26, 2018, 11:16:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
The sound system is terrible at the KMS. When I saw Harry Gregg on the screen I thought they'd got the sound mixed up with a Shane Macgowan interview after a Saint Patrick's night Pogues concert.

How much does a decent sound system cost?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 26, 2018, 12:16:10 pm by drfchound »

I don’t know because I don’t stand in there during a game or pre match.
I go to my seat and try to talk to other people who don’t stand in the concourses.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 26, 2018, 01:35:56 pm by silent majority »

I go to my seat and try to talk to other people who don’t stand in the concourses.

So the answer is the bowl then!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 26, 2018, 01:38:52 pm by drfchound »

So the answer is the bowl then!

What is the bowl please?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012