Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:58:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's Postponement - My View  (Read 4258 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Today's Postponement - My View
« Reply #30 on April 02, 2018, 05:41:05 pm by The Red Baron »
Billy Bremner was renowned for buying the team fish and chips on the coach home from away games if they had won in the 80’s. The game and its governance has changed a bit since then granted!

I know a former League referee (he lives in Birmingham). He remembers refereeing at Belle Vue when Billy was the manager. After the game there was always a bottle of whisky, provided by Billy, so the officials could have a drink before they set off home.

No doubt these days he'd be accused of bribery!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 02, 2018, 05:42:01 pm by drfchound »
That is a disgraceful thing to say IDM.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 02, 2018, 05:43:41 pm by drfchound »
Billy Bremner was renowned for buying the team fish and chips on the coach home from away games if they had won in the 80’s. The game and its governance has changed a bit since then granted!

I know a former League referee (he lives in Birmingham). He remembers refereeing at Belle Vue when Billy was the manager. After the game there was always a bottle of whisky, provided by Billy, so the officials could have a drink before they set off home.

No doubt these days he'd be accused of bribery!

Some of the refs we have had over the last few seasons officiate as though they have had a drink or two before the game.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 02, 2018, 05:45:21 pm by scawsby steve »
I’ll tell you what is a disgrace lads, the Accrington chairman has been asked to explain his actions after he revealed that he gives the team £200 to buy “a McDonalds or the like” if they win.
The EFL have told him it is an illegal payment as it isn’t in a standard player contract.
Surely he has the right to do that with his own money, is it any different to someone buying a player a drink after a game.

Hound, I'm not trying to take the p*ss out of Accrington, but is that £200 per man, or £200 per team?

£200 for the team mate.

Actually, I absolutely laud what Accrington have done this season, with a tiny budget, a tiny ground, and a tiny support base; it just shows what can be achieved with good management, and I really rate John Coleman. What a fantastic job he's done there.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 02, 2018, 05:52:38 pm by vaya »
I’ll tell you what is a disgrace lads, the Accrington chairman has been asked to explain his actions after he revealed that he gives the team £200 to buy “a McDonalds or the like” if they win.
The EFL have told him it is an illegal payment as it isn’t in a standard player contract.
Surely he has the right to do that with his own money, is it any different to someone buying a player a drink after a game.

Hound, I'm not trying to take the p*ss out of Accrington, but is that £200 per man, or £200 per team?

£200 for the team mate.

Actually, I absolutely laud what Accrington have done this season, with a tiny budget, a tiny ground, and a tiny support base; it just shows what can be achieved with good management, and I really rate John Coleman. What a fantastic job he's done there.

Admit it, you've been bought a McDonalds for saying that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 02, 2018, 06:05:23 pm by scawsby steve »

£200 for the team mate.

Admit it, you've been bought a McDonalds for saying that.

hahahaha, f*cking brill that, Vaya.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:49:13 am by scawsby steve »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012