Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:05:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worst Game of Football Ever....  (Read 4947 times)

The Beast

• Forum Member
Re: Worst Game of Football Ever....
« Reply #30 on May 02, 2018, 08:01:46 am by The Beast »
If we've got our two most creative players missing what do you expect against a big strong robust side like Wimbledon who are scrapping for their lives. I don't think people realise how competitive football at that level is! They've got Harry Forrester on the bench, they are no mugs at all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 02, 2018, 08:06:29 am by dickos1 »
What a difference a week makes.  The title of the thread after the Blackburn match (which we lost) was Magnificent!!

The fickle nature of a football fan

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 02, 2018, 08:12:21 am by idler »
Dickos if you go to a restaurant and have a great meal you will be very happy. Go back the next week and have a poor meal then you will be unhappy.
Football is no different. If I had spent my usual petrol, ticket and refreshment money to watch an inept turgid performance would I not have a right to be disappointed.
I listened on iplayer last night and it sounded awful. At least I wasn't driving back and getting home at 11o'clock.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 02, 2018, 08:20:07 am by drfchound »
Dickos if you go to a restaurant and have a great meal you will be very happy. Go back the next week and have a poor meal then you will be unhappy.
Football is no different. If I had spent my usual petrol, ticket and refreshment money to watch an inept turgid performance would I not have a right to be disappointed.
I listened on iplayer last night and it sounded awful. At least I wasn't driving back and getting home at 11o'clock.

Now that post puts a proper perspective on what people are trying to say.
Nothing in the last few games, perhaps with the exception of against Blackburn, will encourage people to buy season tickets, or even go to games, next season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 02, 2018, 08:26:53 am by dickos1 »
It’s not the same at all

Everytime I go out for a meal I expect it to be nice that’s why I’ve chosen the restaurant.
I have thousands of different restaurants to choose from.
You may be different to me but I don’t have an array of football clubs to support.

If that’s your view then maybe you should choose Man City to go and watch every week.

Owners have been caught out calling fans customers in the past and the backlash has been severe, youve just done the same

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 02, 2018, 08:48:16 am by idler »
After watching Rovers since 1958 it's a bit late to change allegiance now isn't it.
They are my team always have been and always will be. I made the decision not to renew my season ticket two years ago because of the cost of petrol etc. I now choose my games but I think every fan of a club has a right to express their disappointment of a game, player or team. Some are more volatile than others but that is same in every aspect of life. Football is now an expensive hobby and there are far more alternatives now than when I started watching games. I live in Bradford and if rumours are correct there will be between 12,500 and 14,000 STHs there next year. That is a hell of a drop and shows what happens when fans become disillusioned. They may be the glory hunters but it is still money lost to the club.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 02, 2018, 10:14:56 am by Campsall rover »
Exactly. Football is supposed to be an entertainment business. I don’t expect a 46 cracking matches a season but what I do expect is the level of commitment shown in the recent Blackburn match every match. We lost but we gave it everything against a very good side, so you can live with that.
If we had shown that level of commitment against the teams below us we would have almost certainly won them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 02, 2018, 10:17:39 am by drfchound »
Exactly. Football is supposed to be an entertainment business. I don’t expect a 46 cracking matches a season but what I do expect is the level of commitment shown in the recent Blackburn match every match. We lost but we gave it everything against a very good side, so you can live with that.
If we had shown that level of commitment against the teams below us we would have almost certainly won them.

Exactly Campsall.
Glad that most of us can understand that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 02, 2018, 11:34:02 am by dickos1 »
By most you mean 3

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 02, 2018, 12:57:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Peterborough away 2 seasons ago; lost 0-4; Butler and McCullough both looked like they were running through treacle, and Oztumer took the p*ss out of us the whole game.

We should've lost 10-0 that day, and it pissed it down for 8 hours straight.

If people don't think we're any further forward than when Fergie came in (that game was in his first week in charge) then they are either very forgetful or choose not to remember the state we were in then.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 02, 2018, 05:33:14 pm by idler »
By most you mean 3
That is three that have commented on here though. How many more don't come onto this forum. I'm not moaning for moaning's sake but have a right to voice an opinion just as you have.
I have seen many highs and lows and 28th of August will be the 60th year of me watching the Rovers. I don't boo and shout abuse at our players and always stay until the end whatever the score. We were supposedly freshening up the team and also shooting more. That didn't materialise so no wonder some are disappointed with last night's performance. I admire your loyalty but refusing to see any negatives is just as ridiculous as refusing to see any positives. Most fans want to see the team do well, some are more vocal or impatient than others but surely we all want the same in the end.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 02, 2018, 06:08:52 pm by Campsall rover »
By most you mean 3
That is three that have commented on here though. How many more don't come onto this forum. I'm not moaning for moaning's sake but have a right to voice an opinion just as you have.
I have seen many highs and lows and 28th of August will be the 60th year of me watching the Rovers. I don't boo and shout abuse at our players and always stay until the end whatever the score. We were supposedly freshening up the team and also shooting more. That didn't materialise so no wonder some are disappointed with last night's performance. I admire your loyalty but refusing to see any negatives is just as ridiculous as refusing to see any positives. Most fans want to see the team do well, some are more vocal or impatient than others but surely we all want the same in the end.
Well said Idler, that is the point I am trying to make to Dickos but he’s having none of it.  :headbang:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 02, 2018, 06:39:37 pm by drfchound »
By most you mean 3

Idler, you say “it might be three on here” which I assume means this particular thread.
That in itself is not right because there are at least half a dozen people indicating displeasure on this thread alone.
The prize for best comment has to go to Donnywolf by the way!
Across the forum it is much more than that.

Whether it is a “dead rubber game” for us or not, people want to see us perform better than we have done recently (yes.... except for against Blackburn) and hopefully score a goal or two.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 02, 2018, 06:45:52 pm by dickos1 »
Thing is the majority who come on here do so just to moan.
I’ve frequently had private messages from people saying they don’t post on here due to the constant negativity.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 02, 2018, 07:11:33 pm by Campsall rover »
Thing is the majority who come on here do so just to moan.
I’ve frequently had private messages from people saying they don’t post on here due to the constant negativity.
Yes I agree there are some who do. The majority do not though which includes myself. We are just posting on what we see and if it comes across as being negative to you well quite frankly that’s your problem isn’t it. We don’t all see everything that is Rovers through rose tinted glasses. Some of us live in the real world.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 02, 2018, 08:26:23 pm by dickos1 »
It’s not just me though is it, other people have posted today stating the forum is just full of negativity and they don’t know why they bother logging on.

Not saying you campsall,
But there’s people on here who pretend they’re being positive but there’s always a “but” at then end.
Yes we’re playing well but we’ve only played the shit teams

Yes we won but we were awful

The rest of the time they just spout negative drivel constantly

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 02, 2018, 08:45:47 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s not just me though is it, other people have posted today stating the forum is just full of negativity and they don’t know why they bother logging on.

Not saying you campsall,
But there’s people on here who pretend they’re being positive but there’s always a “but” at then end.
Yes we’re playing well but we’ve only played the shit teams

Yes we won but we were awful

The rest of the time they just spout negative drivel constantly
Yes I agree with you, one person in particular without mentioning any name. Totally pathetic as he never has anything constructive to say. Just slags the club off at every opportunity.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012