Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:50:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalties  (Read 4594 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Penalties
« Reply #30 on April 22, 2018, 10:34:33 pm by karldew »
and what about the third? a push on Marquis when he put his header just wide, he even tried to get the ref to look at the big screen when it was replayed

This wasn't a push, it was a pull on the left shoulder. Would of been harsh if given but there was contact to put Marquis off.

First one was one of those that is sometimes given but most of the time aren't.

Couldn't see Houghtons properly as it was infront of me so couldn't see if he'd been pushed or not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 23, 2018, 08:55:14 am by idler »
It was right in front of where we sit. He went down a bit easier than he should have but a definite penalty. The Lino was looking straight at it. We were then later awarded free kicks just out side the area that were nowhere near as bad. In fact one on Marquis wasn't even a foul.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 23, 2018, 09:35:07 am by ravenrover »
He’s not been pushed, he’s got his body between the defender and the ball, felt contact and gone down. Contact doesn’t mean a penalty.

I agree, he’s waited for the contact and then fallen forward. He could’ve stayed on his feet.

So pen or not Lee?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 23, 2018, 09:48:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Good footage of the second one here

https://www.facebook.com/tonyhdrfc/videos/10204025423591995/

Absolutely nailed on AGAIN !

Didn’t really see that at the time even though it was right in front of me. But that is a stonewall penalty.

That shitehole of a number 8 of their’s is the one who pushed Houghton and you can tell from his reaction that it’s a penalty.

He was straight into people’s faces the moment there was any controversy all day on Saturday. Here, he puts his hands up protesting innocence before Houghton has hit the ground, then insouciantly jogs 10 yards away in a “nothing to see here” mode. Before realising there’s no penalty given and THEN turning round to stick his finger in Houghton’s face. In that situation, if it had been a dive, or if there was minimal contact, a player on as short a fuse as he was would have been screaming at Houghton before he’d even hit the deck.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:56:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 23, 2018, 09:54:58 am by idler »
Can't fault your logic there BST. He was first into everything all afternoon.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 23, 2018, 10:50:03 am by dickos1 »
He’s not been pushed, he’s got his body between the defender and the ball, felt contact and gone down. Contact doesn’t mean a penalty.

I agree, he’s waited for the contact and then fallen forward. He could’ve stayed on his feet.

So pen or not Lee?

Seen them given, it’s one of them you appeal for if it’s for us and go mad if other side gets it

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 23, 2018, 11:11:34 am by The Red Baron »
Good footage of the second one here

https://www.facebook.com/tonyhdrfc/videos/10204025423591995/

Absolutely nailed on AGAIN !

Didn’t really see that at the time even though it was right in front of me. But that is a stonewall penalty.

That shitehole of a number 8 of their’s is the one who pushed Houghton and you can tell from his reaction that it’s a penalty.

He was straight into people’s faces the moment there was any controversy all day on Saturday. Here, he puts his hands up protesting innocence before Houghton has hit the ground, then insouciantly jogs 10 yards away in a “nothing to see here” mode. Before realising there’s no penalty given and THEN turning round to stick his finger in Houghton’s face. In that situation, if it had been a dive, or if there was minimal contact, a player on as short a fuse as he was would have been screaming at Houghton before he’d even hit the deck.

The No. 8 was a cnut of the first order. Overall they struck me as a niggly bunch, but then you look at who their manager is. Robinson is up there with Westley, Evans and Cotterill as a manager I actively dislike and wouldn't want anywhere near DRFC.

They were helped by a weak referee of course. He always seemed the sort who would bottle a big decision and so it proved with the Houghton penalty.

I still think the one on May was a penalty. The defender lost his bearings, panicked and pulled May back. Probably a red card too, although I wouldn't have complained if we'd just got the pen.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 23, 2018, 12:37:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I too thought the one on May was a penalty. As you say TRB, May had got in front of the defender when he really had no right to do. The defender panicked and wrapped his arms all over May, pulling the two of them together and bringing them both down. It might have looked like an accidental collision to the red but it wasn’t.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 23, 2018, 05:53:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
May was too honest. He should have made a meal of it and rolled over a few times. It was a definite penalty but you never get owt in the area unless you make it look like you've been a victim of GBH.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 23, 2018, 06:52:44 pm by scawsby steve »
May was too honest. He should have made a meal of it and rolled over a few times. It was a definite penalty but you never get owt in the area unless you make it look like you've been a victim of GBH.

Copps definitely WAS a victim of GBH when Sonny Bradley flattened him that time, and we still didn't get a f*cking penalty.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 23, 2018, 07:11:56 pm by nortikorner »
How many penalty have we not got this year  that we stone wall, so we should not expect any

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 23, 2018, 07:17:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I think one or two of our players might have a bit of a reputation for diving, and that could deter officials from giving us decisions.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 23, 2018, 07:24:01 pm by scawsby steve »
I think we've only had 6 all season; Mason 3, Copps 2, and Whiteman 1; not counting the stupid Checkatrade of course.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012