Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:31:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blackburn fans  (Read 6746 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Blackburn fans
« on April 24, 2018, 10:10:20 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Quality tonight. Proof that you need fans to make noise and not that the Keepmoat acoustics are crap for atmosphere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Blackburn fans
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2018, 10:13:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
There were good. Mind you, they’re a massive club at this level.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2018, 10:22:16 pm by roversdude »
Did anyone think they’d keep off the pitch lol
Good set of fans and deserve their promotion

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2018, 10:27:22 pm by rich1471 »
cannot believe the club turned on the sprinkles full power at the end of the game , through we were better than that as a club

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2018, 10:27:45 pm by mushRTID »
Drives me mad the bloke on the mic.

Do they really think repeating the same plea every couple of minutes is going to keep them off?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2018, 10:31:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He just loves the sound of his own voice even the stewards in the south stand we’re sayingg for him to shut up. What ever happened to that fan who was doing it who announced Beckford coming on like he couldn’t even be bothered to say his name in a funny way?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2018, 10:32:17 pm by Donnywolf »
Drives me mad the bloke on the mic.

Do they really think repeating the same plea every couple of minutes is going to keep them off?

NOT a chance - exactly like us at Stoke where the bloke I always remember said " if you dont get off the Pitch we wont present the Trophy " Big deal

They were never going to keep off the pitch tonight though !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2018, 10:54:04 pm by RedJ »
cannot believe the club turned on the sprinkles full power at the end of the game , through we were better than that as a club

I thought that was funny.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2018, 11:18:47 pm by RoversAlias »
They were never going to keep off the pitch but the club have a legal duty to do 'everything possible' to discourage or stop them, so it hardly seems fair having a go at the guy on the tannoy to be honest.

Whoever turned the sprinklers on though, fair play because that was amusing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2018, 12:12:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
There were good. Mind you, they’re a massive club at this level.

It’s not hard is it?

Short away trip. Win to secure promotion.

f**k me, if you can’t put a performance in as fans on a night like that...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2018, 02:13:27 am by RoversAlias »
They were never going to keep off the pitch but the club have a legal duty to do 'everything possible' to discourage or stop them, so it hardly seems fair having a go at the guy on the tannoy to be honest.

Problem with that is what happens if the sprinklers hit someone of a lightweight physique and it knocks them off balance and they fall? If it's a child, it's even worse.

With a surging crowd behind them, if someone ends up on the floor because of the sprinklers, there's a chance they could get trampled on and seriously injured, or the rushing water itself could knock them into advertising boards and they could get cut or injured that way.

I think the person who instigated it should be sacked for gross misconduct. The groundsman is probably the puppet told to do it, but the chances are it's come from higher up.

You can't play the Elf & Safety line, then do something what is directly going to hinder the safety of those supporters who are making movements towards the pitch.

That didn't happen, so it's moot. I think it was amusing I didn't say it was the best idea.

The fans shouldn't go on the pitch anyway, not that I blame them for doing so.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 25, 2018, 02:20:45 am by bpoolrover »
Sack someone for turning the sprinklers on? Why would you want someone to lose there job for that? Maybe a bollocking would do

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2018, 07:18:38 am by Muttley »

Problem with that is what happens if the sprinklers hit someone of a lightweight physique and it knocks them off balance and they fall? If it's a child, it's even worse.

With a surging crowd behind them, if someone ends up on the floor because of the sprinklers, there's a chance they could get trampled on and seriously injured, or the rushing water itself could knock them into advertising boards and they could get cut or injured that way.

You've not really grasped the concept of "sprinklers" yet, have you?

They're not water cannons, they just sprinkle!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2018, 07:29:48 am by drfchound »
To knock someone into the advertising boards from the middle of the pitch they would need seriously powerful water cannons as well.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2018, 07:46:26 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Also, someone who goes to court having done something wrong in the first place doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if they're hurt as a result of their own actions. Were the sprinklers turned on before the pitch invasion?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2018, 08:02:09 am by roversdude »
Glyn there is a whole raft of legislation regarding trespassing and still being liable

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 25, 2018, 08:03:02 am by drfchound »
Also, someone who goes to court having done something wrong in the first place doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if they're hurt as a result of their own actions. Were the sprinklers turned on before the pitch invasion?

No, they were tu4ned on after the rush onto the pitch began.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2018, 08:11:58 am by Filo »
The fact that the pitch was already saturated wouldn't look good in any liability claim

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 25, 2018, 08:59:36 am by Bezza »
Blackburn support was excellant, hope they win the league.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 25, 2018, 09:33:42 am by Pancho Regan »
The Blackburn fans were excellent last night.

It was also noticeable that not ONCE did we hear what I would call 'negative' chants.
You know the sort: 'Your ground's too big for you'; 'Shall we sing a song for you'; 'Your support is xxxx.....' etc.
They just sang in support of their team.

Good luck to them.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 25, 2018, 09:34:17 am by bobjimwilly »
The fact that the pitch was already saturated wouldn't look good in any liability claim

I'll tell you now any fan trying to sue the club for getting injured after going on the pitch uninvited AND after being told by the club to NOT go on the pitch, wouldn't have a prayer  :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2018, 09:42:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Unbelievably stupid by the club.

Just think. If there’d been a freak weather condition, the water from the sprinklers may have frozen in mid air.

In dagger-shaped icicles.

Which would have fallen back to earth and hit the Blackburn fans.

In the heart!

Did no one think of this possibility last night? Heads must roll.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2018, 09:44:25 am by Pancho Regan »
Quite right BST.

The words 'unbelievably stupid' were floating around my head too...!

;)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2018, 09:51:24 am by vaya »

I think the person who instigated it should be sacked for gross misconduct. The groundsman is probably the puppet told to do it, but the chances are it's come from higher up.

You can't play the Elf & Safety line, then do something what is directly going to hinder the safety of those supporters who are making movements towards the pitch.

Would you advocate the use of watering cans for riot control?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 25, 2018, 10:48:07 am by andysly »
Back to the fans.
I would say 95% of them stood up all the game. Yet we take 800 to MK have 2000 seats to choose from and there’s hell on between sitters and standers.

Dennis Greenwood

« Reply #25 on April 25, 2018, 12:08:16 pm by Dennis Greenwood »
Only in Yorkshire would you turn the sprinklers on to thousands of Blackburn fans who ran on to the pitch , who were already pissed wet through....i personaly am still buzzing and its always easy when you are on the winning side to gloat etc ,however say what you want  about your ground for a L1 side facilities were bang on ,good stewarding ,easy parking , we couldnt pick a better ground to celebrate promotion ,as those of you who have ever been to Gillingham will vouch for ....Good luck for next season ....from a happy Blackburn supporter

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 25, 2018, 12:19:19 pm by idler »
Back to the fans.
I would say 95% of them stood up all the game. Yet we take 800 to MK have 2000 seats to choose from and there’s hell on between sitters and standers.
Maybe their fans are more intelligent than a minority of ours.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 25, 2018, 12:28:06 pm by Filo »
Back to the fans.
Maybe their fans are more intelligent than a minority of ours.

Lets be honest, thats not hard

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 25, 2018, 12:31:07 pm by drfchound »

You've not really grasped the concept of "sprinklers" yet, have you?

They're not water cannons, they just sprinkle!

Depending on how close you get to it, they have the potential to knock someone off their feet - especially if there's a surprise element to them being turned on which there certainly was.

If someone had got injured, they'd be able to launch a right claim against the club.

I don't understand the 'middle of the pitch' comments either as the only sprinklers that were turned on were at that end of the ground, right next to the Blackburn fans.

Ok Rigo, I will change my middle of the pitch quote.
The sprinklers we are talking about are on the edge of the 18 yard line.
Are you saying that anyone stood right next to one of them when it first came on could have been blown with the force of water into the advertising boards around the pitch?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 25, 2018, 01:03:39 pm by Axholme Lion »
Did anyone think they’d keep off the pitch lol
Good set of fans and deserve their promotion

Fans on the pitch? Lock'em up, ban'em, points deduction, shut the club down! What it's not Millwall, that's ok then, carry on...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012