Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:27:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bobby Dawson  (Read 1350 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Bobby Dawson
« on April 26, 2018, 08:19:01 pm by The Red Baron »
In his column in Saturday's programme Gavin Baldwin said he had learned that Bobby Dawson had passed away. Dawson made 28 League appearances for Rovers as a goalkeeper between 1965 and 1967. He was born in Bentley in 1944.

I wondered if anyone had any further information about Bobby Dawson's death?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MickyNorburys90shat-trick

• Forum Member
Re: Bobby Dawson
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2018, 10:27:24 am by MickyNorburys90shat-trick »
I have no further news on his passing but I played Sunday league for a short time with him for the Ivanhoe in Sprotbrough, I was 15/16 and he would have been in his very late forties.  He was still a great goalkeeper and you could tell that he'd been good enough to play professional - more importantly, he was a really nice guy.  RIP Bob.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Bobby Dawson
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2018, 09:41:24 pm by arkseyrover »
Bob was a big man. Played between the sticks for a while in mid sixties when we had a bit of a goalie crisis due to lack of confidence and shipping quite a few goals (but cant quite remember who the first choice was!). He did really well and looked to be heading for a bit of stardom. Not sure where it fell down for him. But he was a local (Bentley/Scawthorpe) lad who was a genuinely nice bloke and who was approachable and happy to talk to you. He went on to work for Pawletts the Builders Merchants at Bentley for quite a long time after he stopped playing pro. Very sad that he has gone. Condolences and RIP Bob. Sad news.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012