Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:11:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Kit  (Read 17314 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: New Kit
« Reply #30 on April 30, 2018, 11:42:02 am by Donnybax »
So are we the swirls instead of the hoops now then?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 30, 2018, 11:44:14 am by DonnyOsmond »
The home ones growing on me tbf.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 30, 2018, 11:47:27 am by Move DRFC »
I don't mind the home one. Its modernised and something a bit different.

The away kit however is utterly dreadful. Looks like a training kit

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 30, 2018, 11:59:24 am by Bezza »
i don`t mind the away top, but the red shorts and socks don`t work. home kit unsure on that.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 30, 2018, 12:05:28 pm by ian1980 »
i don`t mind the away top, but the red shorts and socks don`t work. home kit unsure on that.

I thought the same about the red shorts and socks with that away top. They just don’t look right at all and is probably making the top look worse as well.

The home kit would be spot on if the hoops had been kept level.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 30, 2018, 12:15:09 pm by rtid88 »
I really like the look of the home kit, not impressed by the away kit though. Still wish we would design a shirt with a collar though. Used to love a collar on a football shirt!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 30, 2018, 12:24:54 pm by weststander »
Bloody hell.

I say this every year, but why on earth do we feel we have to keep dicking about with hoops? Straight horizontal red and white stripes. Why is that so hard?

This. Hoops are our trademark now. We're the only English club that has red and white hoops. Why isn't that enough? I appreciate we have to have a new kit every year now because it's a money maker for the club but it feels like we're just fiddling with the design for the sake of it. It feels like the priority when designing the new kit is to make it look different, not to make it look good.

Looks like someone designed it last minute on the bus, and f**ked up drawing the first hoops so they had to make all the others wonky to match.

The away kit I think I could learn to like though.

Sadly we had not had hoops on any shirt for a number of seasons, until the current design. What we have had are designs with horizontal stripes. Hoops should be continuous from the front to the back without the white break panel down the sides, similar to the Celtic shirts.
There will be some who call me pedantic for pointing this out, but I prefer to deal in facts.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:31:53 am by weststander »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 30, 2018, 12:34:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Oh dear. Well, as said its all down to taste but it looks to me like a run of material that went wrong in the machine. I guess we'll be glad to Wave bye bye to this one at the end of the season!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 30, 2018, 12:36:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Then again, we could make something of it. A Viking Wave!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 30, 2018, 12:37:13 pm by Filo »
The home kit is awful, the away kit looks like a training top, I hope no one has been paid to design those

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 30, 2018, 12:40:55 pm by The Red Baron »
The home kit is awful, the away kit looks like a training top, I hope no one has been paid to design those

I think Louis Tomlinson and his grandad did a better job!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 30, 2018, 12:44:25 pm by RedJ »
I'd love the home one if it was straight, just looks a bit naff otherwise. The away one is smart, but it does look a bit like a training top.

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 30, 2018, 01:15:30 pm by Dabby »
Home : 9/10

Away : 7/10

Like them both, especially the home kit .White shorts always looks better with any top ... 

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 30, 2018, 01:18:37 pm by johnny rovers »
Quite like home one, will be getting one through the silver plus bolt on. The away is shocking, just like many have said it here, it looks like a training top.

We need to go back to having shirts every two years with the home and away shirts being staggered each year!

Dabby

• Forum Member

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 30, 2018, 01:51:38 pm by RoversAlias »
They're both horrendous in my opinion. I really want to buy a new home shirt as I've not had one in a number of years but they keep coming out with these crap designs.  The wavy 'hoops' are a disaster, who thought that as a good idea? It looks stupid, and I'm also annoyed that they've left a huge white block for the sponsor again. It makes the whole thing look odd, it made this year's look a bit like the players had a bra design on their shirts due to the way the shoulder 'hoop' was done too. Rubbish.

The away kit is a mess too, and far too red. It might look alright with black shorts & socks, but otherwise I dread to think what it'll be like watching us play away to teams like Fleetwood and Accrington.

All about opinions of course but both kits are a big fat zero from me.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 30, 2018, 03:52:29 pm by ditch_drfc »
Mess of a home kit, club needs to stop messing with our identity.

Strange, when I brought this up in March Silent Majority mentioned that there was a plan for supporters to be involved in a shirt design competition.. wonder what happened to this?

At least when we had a vote we sifted out the "different" designs!

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 30, 2018, 04:16:10 pm by donnyallday »
The home kit looks hideous...  slanted lines ffs.

If you have one leg longer than the other it looks ok i suppose

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 30, 2018, 04:22:26 pm by glosterred »
It’s safe to say that the new kit is marmite ...... you either like it or hate it

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 30, 2018, 04:27:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So are we the swirls instead of the hoops now then?

The Helter-skelters more like.

klindle

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 30, 2018, 04:30:01 pm by klindle »
Irrespective of what we all think of the kits the launch involving the kids was excellent!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 30, 2018, 04:33:13 pm by pib »
Mess of a home kit, club needs to stop messing with our identity.

Strange, when I brought this up in March Silent Majority mentioned that there was a plan for supporters to be involved in a shirt design competition.. wonder what happened to this?

At least when we had a vote we sifted out the "different" designs!

I get the sense that FBT are left to their own devices with it. Could be wrong but they seem tinpot enough to come up with that load of rubbish.

Normally a kit grows on me but the more I look at them the more I hate them, especially the home one. It must be the worst kit we've had since going back to "hoops". In fact, I'd say the 3 FBT home kits we've had are the 3 worst Rovers home kits in our recent history.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 30, 2018, 04:49:15 pm by ditch_drfc »
100% agree with that. Shame because the Avec ones were actually pretty decent. Especially the last kit we had, the solid hoops looked really smart and professional. The Avec away kits were excellent.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 30, 2018, 05:24:22 pm by wesisback »
Think the release with the kids was really good though I think the music over it is up there with the most annoying I've ever heard.
As already stated by numerous people, I too haven't owned a Rovers shirt for years, these won't change that duck. Why can't they just aim for classic? 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 30, 2018, 05:24:39 pm by The Red Baron »
The home kit looks hideous...  slanted lines ffs.

If you have one leg longer than the other it looks ok i suppose

I have, and it doesn't.  :silly:

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 30, 2018, 05:28:49 pm by knockers »
I think the home kit looks great and no matter what lots of people on here we’re saying about this years kit loads have bought it. Just look around tmrw or Saturday.
BTW I don’t buy kits!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:15:00 pm by knockers »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 30, 2018, 05:29:48 pm by the vicar »
far to much like this seasons shirt only the girls that printed it must of been pissed.  why buy that if you got one this season i hate it

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 30, 2018, 05:31:20 pm by the vicar »
I think the home kit looks great and no matter what lots of people on here we’re saying about this years kit loads have bought it. Just look around tmrw or Saturday.
BTW I don’t but kits!
not that they like this seasons shirt, they buy it to be up to date and support the club

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 30, 2018, 05:48:27 pm by elmsallrover »
I can't stand the hoops shirts never have and never will let's go back to a all red or white shirt

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 30, 2018, 06:00:23 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I’ve got no bad word to say about the FBT kit/clothing in terms of fit/comfort or quality, however the design of all 3 of the last 3 seasons have been the foulest Home kits Since our return to the hoops, including the weird shoulder pad edition.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012