Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:59:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget talks  (Read 25991 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Budget talks
« Reply #210 on May 07, 2018, 08:05:42 pm by ravenrover »
I very much doubt we will be pursuing any player that involves a fee being paid, free agents will be our targets jmho

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on May 07, 2018, 08:23:06 pm by RedJ »
Does it even matter? a lot of transfers at this level are done on free transfers. Most if not all of our title winners (that came in over the summer) in 2013 were free transfers.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on May 07, 2018, 09:45:11 pm by selby »
   Red, free transfer players mostly get a signing on fee now, plus the clubs end up paying the agents fees. Not many players come cheap nowadays.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on May 07, 2018, 09:57:31 pm by RedJ »
I know. Not sure what your point is, as it doesn't change the fact that they're free agents being signed.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on May 08, 2018, 09:58:06 am by ravenrover »
Point is people are getting excited about such and such at clubX, or so and so at club Y, there is vitually no chance we will be paying transfer fees

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on May 08, 2018, 10:27:04 am by RedJ »
So? why does it matter if fees are involved or not? would you rather we spunk a few hundred grand on shite for the sake of looking like we're spending money or save that cash for wages for good players? and don't anyone come out and say good players don't come on free transfers because we all know that isn't true.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on May 08, 2018, 11:02:11 am by Danmckay456 »
I’m confident the players who are coming in will be better than the ones we have got rid of this summer 🙏

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on May 08, 2018, 11:12:19 am by ravenrover »
So? why does it matter if fees are involved or not? would you rather we spunk a few hundred grand on shite for the sake of looking like we're spending money or save that cash for wages for good players? and don't anyone come out and say good players don't come on free transfers because we all know that isn't true.
fraid you are missing the point, never mind

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on June 05, 2018, 10:17:26 pm by scawsby steve »
Something's going to have to give sooner or later...

Either Ferguson accepts whatever budget he gets given and uses it to get the best squad possible, or he buggers off now.

What's a low budget in his eyes might be perceived as a big budget by a different pair of eyes.

If he goes into next season still inadvertently whining about the budget after a defeat, moaning about strength in depth (and probably a lot more when the cameras are switched off), that's a really bad situation.

In fairness to him, I think the board should have let him know by now what he's dealing with for the next 12 months - the fact they haven't makes me wonder if they're totally 100% convinced he's the right man, or if they also have lingering doubts.

By God Rigo, I don't agree with some of your posts, but that's one hell of a prophetic assumption.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on June 05, 2018, 11:17:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So why did Bramall step down then?

Just a wild guess.

The Experiment was sold as a way of bringing in excellent players hungry to re-start their careers for next to no money.

In fact, it brought in mostly talentless bone idle wasters, and the wage bill that season went up (from memory) from £7m to £9m.

I’d hazard a guess that Bramall walked when he saw the size of the bills that were rolling in.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on June 05, 2018, 11:18:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Haha.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012