Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:10:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget talks  (Read 25989 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Budget talks
« Reply #30 on May 03, 2018, 01:37:25 pm by silent majority »
Whatever is happening it's going to make the sponsors lunch this afternoon very interesting!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 03, 2018, 01:39:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If this thread is anything to go by, it's going to be a long summer!

I think probably best to give the place a wide berth for a couple of weeks and let the annual moan fest dissipate.

A month and a bit and we’ll be able to bask in England showing the world how to play football...

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 03, 2018, 01:47:23 pm by Cantley Rover »
Perhaps the board have looked at his list of targets and aren't impressed with the direction he wants to go.

It would be nice if they actually knew the targets being non football people.

Why are they non-football people?

Well the richest shareholder/director isn't that interested in football.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 03, 2018, 01:49:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
Ahhh, the sweet smell of sarcasm, Billy. ;)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 03, 2018, 01:51:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Perhaps the board have looked at his list of targets and aren't impressed with the direction he wants to go.

Not to be pedantic but the majority of the shares now are held by a single company it seems.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 03, 2018, 03:02:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
From Paul Goodwin Twitter

Darren Ferguson says he expects to find out his budget tomorrow. He's spoken to the out of contract lads about his plans. #drfc

Ferguson: "Whatever budget I get, the first thing I'll be doing is offering James Coppinger a contract." #drfc

Also from Jonathan Buchan
Every player at the club been spoken to and informed whether they can go or in the plans next season.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:08:44 pm by steve@dcfd »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 03, 2018, 03:20:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Baudry pls

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 03, 2018, 05:55:47 pm by RedJ »

Good thing they pay money to "football people" (what even is that) to make footballing decisions then eh.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 03, 2018, 07:53:20 pm by silent majority »

How do you know? If you were ever to have a conversation with him you would realise he knows an awful lot more than he ever makes out. He hides his light under a bushel very very well.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 03, 2018, 09:04:53 pm by the vicar »
Why have the budget talks been put back to next week, and why does Fergie look so sick about it? also, Dickos said in one of his posts that he'd heard a bad rumour from within the club. Something doesn't feel right to me; I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
its not budget talks its a budget decisions talks are all done 

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 03, 2018, 09:39:37 pm by Cantley Rover »

How do you know? If you were ever to have a conversation with him you would realise he knows an awful lot more than he ever makes out. He hides his light under a bushel very very well.

You are not the only one to have had a conversation with him and whilst he may know an awful lot more than he makes out it doesn't change the fact that he is not that much of a football fan.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 03, 2018, 09:53:42 pm by silent majority »
I didn't say I was the only one, but can you tell me what you mean by 'he isn't that much of a football fan' and you claim that's a fact? And can someone define what being interested in football means? Does not actually owning a football club and presiding over a board of directors of a football club mean that you must have more than a passing interest?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:58:50 pm by silent majority »

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 03, 2018, 10:13:00 pm by Brian Young »
It’s it about time that we had a supporters representative on the board to liaise on behave the supporters to help remove misleading speculations about budgets etc. Any decisions of the owners , I’m sure are made in the best interests of the club etc , yet it’s the constant and often ill informed speculation throughout a season that can lead to false rumours .I know trust is expected where decisions are made but our “meet the owners” events seldom provide any real insight as to what is really happening ,only that questions are asked without knowledge or actual facts. Thousands of supporters are required to keep the club viable yet still more are required if the board have not got keep picking up the short fall . Supporters representatives would at least build more understanding of the day to day events . IMO 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 03, 2018, 10:29:00 pm by silent majority »
In the last couple of years all football clubs have had to meet with supporters through a mixture of supporter boards, fans parliaments and other constructions. Both the EFL and EPL have rules and regulations instructing clubs on the how and the why's of meeting with supporters and the types of subject matters and questions that must be addressed. For those of you with an interest here's the EFL section;

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/

Now why do I mention this? Because on numerous occasions I've mentioned on this very forum that financial matters and budgets are legitimate questions to be asked of the club and answers have to be provided. And for some unknown reason posters on this site refuse to believe that anybody does know what the budgets and financial undertakings of the club are. The supporters board have asked these questions and been given answers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 03, 2018, 10:32:55 pm by idler »
Brian, do you think that any board member should reveal exactly what has been discussed at board level?
It might take two or three meetings to finally come up with a budget.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 03, 2018, 10:38:39 pm by RedJ »
Some of our fans haven't a scooby doo how business works.

And yes, believe it or not, football clubs are also a business.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 03, 2018, 10:53:07 pm by the vicar »
The talks have already gone ahead the delay is waiting for the owners to get back to them

So I assume he's said what he wants and Is waiting for an answer whether he can gave that or not?
yes that is right

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 03, 2018, 10:56:38 pm by Brian Young »
I support DRFC since 1969 though I’m Scottish I love the club but under previous a administration it was ran as an open book , by a man who loved the club so much , he would stand on the terraces in the early days and listen to what we said .  But now it’s ran  like we don’t need or have an opinion. I’m not disgruntled or feeling mislead by lack of any information, yet it seems that when John Ryan left , the shutters came down down on any links between the supporters and the board. Shame .

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 03, 2018, 11:00:44 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think someone who invests millions into a club especially one as unfashionable as DRFC can be considered a football fan/man can't they?

i know lot of fans who know nothing of the game really and haven't ever played to a decent level even on a Sunday morning. What makes them more of a football man than Bramall? because they go to matches and shout at players to 'gerrr it forward" or get 'it on the bloody deck'

When someone criticises him for not been a football man does that really just mean he isn't willing to throw every penny he has at the cause?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 03, 2018, 11:03:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I support DRFC since 1969 though I’m Scottish I love the club but under previous a administration it was ran as an open book , by a man who loved the club so much , he would stand on the terraces in the early days and listen to what we said .  But now it’s ran  like we don’t need or have an opinion. I’m not disgruntled or feeling mislead by lack of any information, yet it seems that when John Ryan left , the shutters came down down on any links between the supporters and the board. Shame .

I see your point that we miss someone with charisma but its not the owners we should expect that from, most clubs who operate is such a way are ran poorly and even more like a dictatorship than those where the board are silent

we do also seem to have lots of meet the board events which i doubt other clubs do as often or ever so there is a chance to give an opinion

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 03, 2018, 11:38:04 pm by Brian Young »
I agree they are open at the meetings  but they are not open not really . If i’m critical , it’s DF who would be seen to be blamed , yet I want to know if the club is doing as well they say and all our thoughts of getting back to the Championship are theirs to provide or is this  just a financial model still in its explorative stages . We pay for a season ticket , yet we are asked to pay for an other membership scheme on top of this . I want to see where the money goes and if I’m
Asked to contribute more it’s becuase it will help in getting us out of this League. Parking, free shirts, programmes , cheap rail fares or flight . It’s a marketing spin that just doesn’t provide a new striker or appear to have obvious benefits to the squad.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 03, 2018, 11:45:02 pm by RedJ »
So you'd rather the world know what we're up to and someone mouthing off spouting cringeworthy shite in the media than doing things under the radar and getting it right?

Be honest, you have something against Bramall for no apparent reason - or perhaps because he's not John Ryan.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 04, 2018, 06:13:40 am by DearneValleyRover »

As stated previously with the supporters board the club is far more open now than its ever been especially financially, as also stated I think you have an axe to grind with the current owners for some reason.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 04, 2018, 06:20:22 am by Brian Young »
No you’re wrong , but what is the budget £ ?Competitive or 14th in League 1 type ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 04, 2018, 06:57:02 am by roversdude »
How would we know if it is competitive without knowing everyone else’s budget

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 04, 2018, 07:26:36 am by steve@dcfd »
Who are the supporters that are on the supporters board. I know SM is one but who are the others.

Are they representatives of different supporters groups.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 04, 2018, 07:36:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Even if we knew the budgets, you'd also need to know every players wages! It's a nonsense.

Did John Ryan ever reveal the budget? The only thing I recall him saying was something like 'We' re shopping at Waitrose not Aldi'.

The only thing that was different back then was more transfer fees were revealed but it was a very different market back then.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 04, 2018, 07:53:24 am by Glyn_Wigley »

What did we get told under JR that we don't get told now?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:14:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 04, 2018, 08:15:50 am by Boomstick »

What did we know under JR that we don't know now?

we knew the club had genuine drive and ambition.
there was passion and a feel good factor, which is synonymous with football.

just don't get the same feeling with the current board.
i guess building houses doesn't require the same level of charisma or genuine commitment.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 04, 2018, 08:21:16 am by Filo »

What did we know under JR that we don't know now?

we knew the club had genuine drive and ambition.
there was passion and a feel good factor, which is synonymous with football.

just don't get the same feeling with the current board.
i guess building houses doesn't require the same level of charisma or genuine commitment.

I take it making tits bigger does?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012