Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:17:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget talks  (Read 25990 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Budget talks
« Reply #60 on May 04, 2018, 08:31:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
There was always going to be a feel good factor after the depths of Richardson and 5 seasons in the Conference! That said JR managed that feel good factor extremely well. He's from a totally different business backgrounds where he sells a dream. Totally different personalities so we were never going to get the same.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 04, 2018, 08:34:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I support DRFC since 1969 though I’m Scottish I love the club but under previous a administration it was ran as an open book , by a man who loved the club so much , he would stand on the terraces in the early days and listen to what we said .  But now it’s ran  like we don’t need or have an opinion. I’m not disgruntled or feeling mislead by lack of any information, yet it seems that when John Ryan left , the shutters came down down on any links between the supporters and the board. Shame .

What did we know under JR that we don't know now?

we knew the club had genuine drive and ambition.
there was passion and a feel good factor, which is synonymous with football.

just don't get the same feeling with the current board.
i guess building houses doesn't require the same level of charisma or genuine commitment.

So we didn't get told anything substantial then, you just want the hype back.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 04, 2018, 08:54:28 am by silent majority »
Who are the supporters that are on the supporters board. I know SM is one but who are the others.

Are they representatives of different supporters groups.

Most of them are. Not sure why they don't make themselves publicly known, after all they are representing supporters.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 04, 2018, 08:55:23 am by Boomstick »
I support DRFC since 1969 though I’m Scottish I love the club but under previous a administration it was ran as an open book , by a man who loved the club so much , he would stand on the terraces in the early days and listen to what we said .  But now it’s ran  like we don’t need or have an opinion. I’m not disgruntled or feeling mislead by lack of any information, yet it seems that when John Ryan left , the shutters came down down on any links between the supporters and the board. Shame .

i guess building houses doesn't require the same level of charisma or genuine commitment.

what substance do we get told now? really ? at least we knew the true ambition of the club back then.
JR was a fan, and made the effort with the supporters.
imo there was a hell of a lot more clarity in regards to where the ambitions of the football club was.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 04, 2018, 09:00:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »

what substance do we get told now? really ? at least we knew the true ambition of the club back then.
JR was a fan, and made the effort with the supporters.
imo there was a hell of a lot more clarity in regards to where the ambitions of the football club was.

So unless you're repeatedly told that the club's ambition is to progress you naturally assume that it isn't?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 04, 2018, 09:10:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
If the club's ambition is to take us back to where John Ryan led us we need players of similar quality, and if we don't get them we can assume it's not going to happen.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 04, 2018, 09:20:24 am by selby »
I know a couple, but feel it is up to them if they want it public, both have nothing but good intentions for the club, are long time supporters and like SM do as much for the club as they can.
   And as far as I am aware do a cracking job representing our interests, and in the past have brought things up at the club that have been addressed to our advantage.
   We should , and are in most cases very thankful that people are prepared to give their time for free to represent us with the club, and the club for accepting we have a voice.
   There are not many clubs that have progressed as far as we have since the 90s, due to good guidance on and off the field, all the people responsible deserve our eternal thanks.
   Unfortunately in that time money has overtaken  everything else that drives success on the field of play, so getting to and staying in the Championship is becoming a dream for clubs like ours, as much as the Premiership is for clubs like the Wednesdays and Weeds, it,s the way of the world at the moment, and I am afraid unless mega bucks are thrown at us we will be around this position for quite some time. Where's my Euro lottery ticket?   

darren61

« Reply #67 on May 04, 2018, 09:44:03 am by darren61 »
If the club's ambition is to take us back to where John Ryan led us we need players of similar quality, and if we don't get them we can assume it's not going to happen.

Exactly, end of.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 04, 2018, 09:46:09 am by Filo »
Who are the supporters that are on the supporters board. I know SM is one but who are the others.

Are they representatives of different supporters groups.

Most of them are. Not sure why they don't make themselves publicly known, after all they are representing supporters.

That is true, as supporter representatives they should be made publicly known, how else do supporters raise concerns if no one knows who to raise them with?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 04, 2018, 09:57:12 am by wing commander »
   If they are putting the effort in quietly behind the scenes then I applaud that public or not.After all they are pretty safe in the knowledge that SM is the mouthpiece and point of contact for the fans and he also has direct access to the powers that be..
   It's a thankless task full stop,because SM cant always give you the answers you want and sometimes when he does you don't always agree with him..Over the years there are many things I have agreed with him on and one or two which I don't but that's life..But I would never criticise any of them whether they declare it publically or not who work behind the scenes,donating lots of time for free with the aim of making it better for us all....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 04, 2018, 10:41:06 am by wing commander »
   And as for the meet the owners meetings,if as many people who moaned on here about budgets,Bramhalls football interest,direction of the club etc etc,actually could be bothered to attend them they might actually engage with you a bit more..People just expect everything on a plate these days..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 04, 2018, 10:55:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
So what's the point of this forum then, if it's not to discuss progress/lack of it since the club's last meeting of intent?

Is it just a place of worship and thanksgiving for the happy clappers to wallow in?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 04, 2018, 11:00:40 am by raggytash »
Everyone can moan at each other, but the fact of the matter is everyone’s watching this quite closely, Baldwin’s said nothing for months, blunt says nothing, there’s rumours abound of other things going off, if they as a board have reached a level where progress can’t be made, and I think everybody on here would agree, yes theve done a great job and I’d applaud them for that..... but now what???? The attendance figures are unreal 8000??? 7500?? There’s hardly 6 in there so I don’t know what’s going on there.... the club needs a big almighty kick on and get folk interested again because it’s the same old crap..

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 04, 2018, 11:02:15 am by wing commander »
   No it isn't but the answers to some of the questions that seem to be concerning people cant be specifically answered on this forum by the average fan because nobody really knows .The last few meet the owners nights haven't been that well attended..Thats the chance to stand up,stare them in the eyes and ask...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 04, 2018, 11:04:02 am by RedJ »
I think most people forget that the vast majority of clubs don't work the way we did under John Ryan.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 04, 2018, 11:28:54 am by Boomstick »
   And as for the meet the owners meetings,if as many people who moaned on here about budgets,Bramhalls football interest,direction of the club etc etc,actually could be bothered to attend them they might actually engage with you a bit more..People just expect everything on a plate these days..

might be nice if bramall bothered to attend too.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 04, 2018, 11:35:08 am by raggytash »
Might be nice if they answered where all the money as gone considering Baldwin’s break even figure as been well surpassed and a good little run in the cup??

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 04, 2018, 11:45:54 am by the vicar »

I'm in favour of us slowly climbing up the leagues. BUT we all pay good money to watch out club and buy shirts of all kinds and programs  that we can ill  afford so I don't think it is wanting it all on a plate
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:51:57 am by the vicar »

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 04, 2018, 11:51:45 am by raggytash »
Well said vicar, I think it’s got the stage where there taking us for granted and its not on,

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 04, 2018, 01:19:40 pm by silent majority »
Might be nice if they answered where all the money as gone considering Baldwin’s break even figure as been well surpassed and a good little run in the cup??

All monies go into the budget for player spend. TB and AW don't take a penny out of the club so why the suspicion? Extra costs, like the unexpected spend on Whiteman and Houghton swallowed up any surplus and had then to be subsidised further by TB and AW. These expenses were not in the original budget.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 04, 2018, 01:23:52 pm by Dutch Uncle »

All monies go into the budget for player spend. TB and AW don't take a penny out of the club so why the suspicion? Extra costs, like the unexpected spend on Whiteman and Houghton swallowed up any surplus and had then to be subsidised further by TB and AW. These expenses were not in the original budget.

I am guessing the Anderson and Boyle loans were also unexpected as well SM.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 04, 2018, 01:24:15 pm by Cantley Rover »
   If they are putting the effort in quietly behind the scenes then I applaud that public or not.After all they are pretty safe in the knowledge that SM is the mouthpiece and point of contact for the fans and he also has direct access to the powers that be..
   It's a thankless task full stop,because SM cant always give you the answers you want and sometimes when he does you don't always agree with him..Over the years there are many things I have agreed with him on and one or two which I don't but that's life..But I would never criticise any of them whether they declare it publically or not who work behind the scenes,donating lots of time for free with the aim of making it better for us all....

Not sure how a supporters representative can be anonymous. If nobody knows who they are, how can they represent anyone?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 04, 2018, 01:29:40 pm by silent majority »

I am guessing the Anderson and Boyle loans were also unexpected as well SM.

Absolutely right DU.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 04, 2018, 01:37:46 pm by RedJ »
Always the same old people banging on about the f**king budget isn't it.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 04, 2018, 01:39:22 pm by Bessie Red »
My take on this is that obviously DF wants as big a budget as he can extract from the owners as this would make his job much easier. However I think the owners may be being cautious bearing in mind that he hasn't pulled up many trees during his tenure.
Surely the budget for next season will be bigger than Shrewsbury's was this season & look how well they have done. Maybe DF can't manage to do wonderful things with a limited budget & perhaps we should be looking for a manager who can.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 04, 2018, 01:39:58 pm by raggytash »
No offence sm... but what’s with the attendance saying 8.5 7.9 etc when clearly it’s no where near mate???? We’ve all been going years and it’s very strange to say the least...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 04, 2018, 01:42:27 pm by RoversAlias »

Not sure how a supporters representative can be anonymous. If nobody knows who they are, how can they represent anyone?

Agree fully. I don't understand how we can have anonymous supporter representatives. Where have these people come from? I don't always agree with SM on here but at least I know who he is, know his role and can ask him something if I have an issue or grievance or query.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 04, 2018, 01:43:56 pm by Boomstick »
Always the same old people banging on about the f**king budget isn't it.
like the manager? and journalists reporting there is a massive gulf between what DF feels is needed and what the board are willing to give.

fuelling genuine concerns and rumours that something isn't right !

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on May 04, 2018, 01:45:54 pm by vaya »
No offence sm... but what’s with the attendance saying 8.5 7.9 etc when clearly it’s no where near mate???? We’ve all been going years and it’s very strange to say the least...

Clubs are required to report ticket sales, not attendances.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on May 04, 2018, 01:51:15 pm by IDM »
Why do supporters feel the need to know the intimate details and financial arrangements on how our club is run?

Isn't it enough to know that we have owners maintaining a strong club off the field, and giving the manager a squad budget, without jumping to conclusions over the finer details?

It's almost like its going to be the end of the world if there isn't public knowledge of next season's plans by the end of today.

Being interested is one thing, but I for one think some fans want too much, and they want it now..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012