Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:54:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sunday 3rd June 2018 1500 Kick Off - DRFC vs Leeds United Legends  (Read 4842 times)

vietaff

• Forum Member
Every year the Doncaster based Cancer Charity Eve Merton Trust hold an annual Legends game, with the likes of Merson, Le Tissier, Babb, Hendrie, Beagrie, May, Walker, Palmer, McAteer to name a few who have participated over the years.

This year with it being the 10 year anniversary of the great win at Wembley it is a little different with a DRFC v Leeds legends game being played.

So far confirmed for DRFC are:

* Neil Sullivan
* Rufus Brevett
* Mark Albrighton
* Jason Price
* James Hayter
* Brian Stock

As you can see players from the last 3 decades there and i am sure you would all love to see them back playing in DRFC colours.

Tickets are £5 per adult or £3 per child OR grab a bargain and pay £10 for 2 adults and 2 children tickets - if you would like to go VIP tickets these are available where you can meet the players after the game, food is included (to be confirmed) and get chance to bid for a signed shirt from one of the DRFC (or Leeds) Legends. The VIP tickets are £25

on the day there will be lots of activities outside the Keepmoat before the game kicks off at 1500 so plenty of fun for all the family.

Interested then you can either message me on here for your ticket requirements, or email info@evestrust.co.uk
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:33:36 pm by vietaff »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vietaff

• Forum Member
Every year the Doncaster based Cancer Charity Eve Merton Trust hold an annual Legends game, with the likes of Merson, Le Tissier, Babb, Hendrie, Beagrie, May, Walker, Palmer, McAteer to name a few who have participated over the years.

This year with it being the 10 year anniversary of the great win at Wembley it is a little different with a DRFC v Leeds legends game being played.

* Neil Sullivan
* Rufus Brevett
* Mark Albrighton
* Jason Price
* James Hayter
* Brian Stock

As you can see players from the last 3 decades there and i am sure you would all love to see them back playing in DRFC colours.

Tickets are £5 per adult or £3 per child OR grab a bargain and pay £10 for 2 adults and 2 children tickets - if you would like to go VIP tickets these are available where you can meet the players after the game, food is included (to be confirmed) and get chance to bid for a signed shirt from one of the DRFC (or Leeds) Legends. The VIP tickets are £25

on the day there will be lots of activities outside the Keepmoat before the game kicks off at 1500 so plenty of fun for all the family.

Interested then you can either message me on here for your ticket requirements, or email info@evestrust.co.uk

Sadly Jason Price has had to pull out but 3 more Rovers are playing:

* Adam Lockwood
* Glyn Snodin
* Colin Douglas

Tickets still available, come down and see some of your favourite players don the red and white hoops once more and in the process raise some money for a brilliant local cancer charity #evemertonstrust

karldew

• Forum Member
Hasn't Ricky Ravenhill also agreed to play?

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Sunday 3rd June 2018 1500 Kick Off - DRFC vs Leeds United Legends
« Reply #3 on May 29, 2018, 04:31:56 pm by RedJ »
What are the teams at the moment? I assume there will be others besides the ones named above or there won't be many players there...

vietaff

• Forum Member
What are the teams at the moment? I assume there will be others besides the ones named above or there won't be many players there...

Ricky Ravenhill has also signed to play for DRFC Legends

The remainder of the 'squad' will be made up of Charity fundraisers, allowing people to play alongside their hero's of the past weather for Donny or Leeds.

Leeds Legends has Sullivan, Chris Whyte, Danny Mills, Rod Wallace, Noel Whelan, Steve Hodge, Andrew Couzens & Julian Joachim

donnyfan2

• Forum Member
Can you pay on the gate tomorrow ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2018, 12:06:27 pm by RedJ »
aye it said so on the radio advert

RedRover45

• Forum Member
I reckon about 1500 here

adamtherover

• Forum Member
3k at least id say?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
3k at least id say?

Don't think so. Only West Stand open and quite few empty seats in wings.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Danny mils has just punched stock in the side of the head..   ref did nothing....

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
Danny mils has just punched stock in the side of the head..   ref did nothing....

It was a charity match, but same old dirty Leeds (Mr Mills take a low bow). Stock and Hayter have still got it. Good of them to get involved.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 03, 2018, 07:30:37 pm by roversam »
If only they were 10 yrs younger 😊

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 03, 2018, 07:37:54 pm by RedJ »
Danny Mills is a Kitson. No need for what he did, it was a f**king charity match. He was giving it the big I am all day, back chatting officials, thinking he was hilarious for trying to sub himself on at the beginning with the fourth official's board, giving it some to the crowd. f**king bellend.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Anyone know what line ups were

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 03, 2018, 09:45:08 pm by anton123 »
Score ?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
8 to 4 to rovers

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 03, 2018, 11:20:44 pm by eastender »
Danny Mills is a Kitson. No need for what he did, it was a f**king charity match. He was giving it the big I am all day, back chatting officials, thinking he was hilarious for trying to sub himself on at the beginning with the fourth official's board, giving it some to the crowd. f**king bellend.

When Stock was subbed he was giving it the old Leeds ,arm across the Chest  thumping , thingy what ever they call it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 04, 2018, 09:08:11 am by RedJ »
What a w**ker. He's just a shit Gary Neville.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 04, 2018, 10:56:46 am by idler »
I saw Stock in the Copps testimonial and he was pinging the ball all over the pitch with ease. A master class.
Both him and James Hayter will always bring a smile to all Rovers fans lucky enough to see them in their (and our) pomp.

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 04, 2018, 12:05:46 pm by vietaff »

* Neil Sullivan
* Rufus Brevett
* Mark Albrighton
* Jason Price
* James Hayter
* Brian Stock

Thank you to ALL who attended the game yesterday, some of the goals were sublime and i am sure it was good to see some familiar faces back at the Keepmoat, over £30,000 raised - massive thanks again.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 04, 2018, 04:37:06 pm by idler »
A great effort by the organisers and the teams. It also shows just how much the club means to some of our much loved ex-players.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Leeds fan from work went, said our first 4 goals were fantastic, and Danny Mills was a knob

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 04, 2018, 05:18:54 pm by vietaff »
A great effort by the organisers and the teams. It also shows just how much the club means to some of our much loved ex-players.

Your not wrong, as i still keep in contact with lots of the old players it is me who gets them to play every year, both Stocky and Hayts played without any fee given they are an 8 hour round trip away it is superb from them.
Locky and Rava's live 20 mins away but again there services were free.
Duggy does it as he loves the game, a couple of free pints were provided of course :)
Glynn was not going to play, he injured his shoulder the day before playing golf, however a bit of physio and watching the game and he wanted to have 15 mins
Rufus Brevett pulled out on the morning of the game too as he injured his hamstring in the week and didn't feel right

Brighty was due to play but his car engine blew up sadly, as i know he was looking forward to playing again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012