Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tom Anderson  (Read 5515 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Tom Anderson
« Reply #30 on May 17, 2018, 02:41:41 pm by GazLaz »
Midfield weak spot for me. Only dedicated midfielders who can play 90mins are Rowe and Whiteman. Neither has shown ability to consistently dominate games at this level. Copps is going to be 60mins player and Houghton we just do not know and our mate Rodney has gone. We need a commanding centre midfielder who can drive the midfield. We all know this is not going to be McCullough. Otherwise we look lightweight and one dimensional in centre midfield.

Did you not see Rowe at the end of the season we got relegated, he’s got the ability to do that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 17, 2018, 04:44:56 pm by Alickismyhero »
Well, bearing in mind Kiwomya is right side as well as Blair, if you gave me Oztumer and a proven striker alongside Marquis, I'll be straight down to the bookies to lump on.

I have said for a long time we should get Oztumer a known player by Fergy and would be a key player for Donny.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 17, 2018, 06:12:49 pm by Rovers91 »
Good signing just a shame it's his turn next to play fullback.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 17, 2018, 06:48:02 pm by drfchound »
Good start certainly made us stronger at set pieces

Attacking and defending.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 17, 2018, 07:18:13 pm by scawsby steve »
Well done, Fergie, and well done the board. If we maintain this level of signings over the next few weeks, we'll be fine.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 17, 2018, 07:22:19 pm by Paul Simpson »
Great signing!! Let’s hope he develops into the new corporal

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 18, 2018, 02:57:17 am by scawsby steve »
With this level of appreciation on the forum for Tom's signing, I wonder how certain posters now feel, the ones that slagged him off when he first came, without giving him a chance. I would imagine they'll pick up on the first mistake he makes, then come back on here criticising again.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:20:11 am by scawsby steve »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 18, 2018, 07:15:39 am by since-1969 »
At least we know what we’re getting in advance and it is a positive step of intent . I similar type of forward to partner Marquis would cap it for me .

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 18, 2018, 07:37:34 am by elmsallrover »
How do we know he will be a great signing spent most of his load period at the club injured and some people think  that he scored two goals in one game he's the next John terry

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 18, 2018, 09:11:41 am by RedJ »
God I bet you're fun at birthday parties. What's the point in celebrating getting closer to death, eh?!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 18, 2018, 09:13:18 am by wing commander »
   Elmsall normally I would take your point with this,after all the main reason we struggled was the amount of talent that was normally sat in the stands with us injured..

However Anderson was different,He was unlucky enough to get injured doing what he should have been doing and that others don't do enough off..Sticking his head where it hurts for the cause..Something he has proved he will do on a few occasions..We saw more than enouth when he was playing to tell us he is just what we are looking for...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 18, 2018, 09:18:39 am by Campsall rover »
God I bet you're fun at birthday parties. What's the point in celebrating getting closer to death, eh?!
Very good signing. Will he be 1st choice though? Butler and Wright? We will have to see.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 18, 2018, 11:12:04 am by DearneValleyRover »
Very good signing. Will he be 1st choice though? Butler and Wright? We will have to see.
3 at the back?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 18, 2018, 11:16:46 am by selby »
  Talking of Wright we need to get him signed for next season or he can start talking to other clubs in January.
  We don't want to let grass grow under our feet, like we did with Greeny, or we will lose the chance of a transfer fee, or more importantly a very good player.
   Lets be proactive for once.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 18, 2018, 11:21:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Healthy competition. At least we now have two dominant centre half's with Wright as a third who's still developing.

I've certainly see enough of Anderson to know he's very effective. Keeps it simple and attacks the ball at the right times. Clears it when it needs to be.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 18, 2018, 12:42:49 pm by RedJ »
  Talking of Wright we need to get him signed for next season or he can start talking to other clubs in January.
  We don't want to let grass grow under our feet, like we did with Greeny, or we will lose the chance of a transfer fee, or more importantly a very good player.
   Lets be proactive for once.

No we won't. I agree he needs tying down long term but we're guaranteed a fee as long as we offer equal or better terms if he buggers off.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 18, 2018, 05:51:17 pm by scawsby steve »
How do we know he will be a great signing spent most of his load period at the club injured and some people think  that he scored two goals in one game he's the next John terry

Apart from the fact that you obviously weren't at the New York Stadium, do you actually know anything about football?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012