Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 05:03:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stay in touch!  (Read 6857 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Stay in touch!
« Reply #30 on May 22, 2018, 10:34:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Got another email today but I would suggest somebody has been taking notice  it was a one or two click jjob   only trouble is I'd already been through the click this click that click the other  intresting that every other site I interact with comes up with a one or two click job and sorted Rovers manage a sort of complicated system and eventually come up with a one or two click system..... get it right first time please

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 23, 2018, 01:35:52 am by bobjimwilly »
better late than never :)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 23, 2018, 09:16:06 am by drfchound »
have got 7 emails in last week from Club Doncaster about GDPR! What I don't get is why the club have decided you have to log in and all that jazz with your supporter ID number; why couldn't they just set up a normally mailing list with emails of people who have opted in?

I'm sure that if you don't mind receiving emails about the Dons and other elements of Club Doncaster I'm sure doing it your way would work.

It would be a better idea IMO.
If you got an email, say about the Dons, that was of no interest to you it isn’t a big job to bin it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 23, 2018, 11:42:48 am by silent majority »
have got 7 emails in last week from Club Doncaster about GDPR! What I don't get is why the club have decided you have to log in and all that jazz with your supporter ID number; why couldn't they just set up a normally mailing list with emails of people who have opted in?

I'm sure that if you don't mind receiving emails about the Dons and other elements of Club Doncaster I'm sure doing it your way would work.

It would be a better idea IMO.
If you got an email, say about the Dons, that was of no interest to you it isn’t a big job to bin it.

Then you're missing the whole point of GDPR.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 23, 2018, 08:05:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I've been receiving emails about the Dons for ages and never shown the remotest interest in the Dons to the club.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 24, 2018, 10:17:53 am by bobjimwilly »
All I was trying to say is the club have overcomplicated the process. All GDPR would have required is an email to the effect,
"We would like to continue you sending Doncaster Rovers and Dons news. Please click opt-in below to continue receiving these emails. Have a nice day."

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 24, 2018, 10:48:34 am by wesisback »
Agreed. They've managed to complicate something that every company in the country has managed to complete hassle free.

casperjebba

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 24, 2018, 11:30:27 am by casperjebba »
The volume of the emails is ridiculous. No other company has contact me more than twice. I've had TEN emails and counting...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 24, 2018, 11:43:42 am by GazLaz »
The whole process seems to be a shambles.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 24, 2018, 01:08:57 pm by RoversAlias »
Nothing new for Rovers I'm afraid. Many things like this always seem to be more complicated than they need to be. It's a slow process modernising certain aspects of the club it seems.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 24, 2018, 01:18:21 pm by MachoMadness »
I must say it does seem a bit tinpot that we can't seem to figure out how to properly work our CRM and email service provider. I don't think it'll really harm the club's business in any way as it's not that big a deal, but it does make me roll my eyes a bit. Just smacks of the club doing a last-minute fumble over something every company has known about for ages.

casperjebba

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 24, 2018, 01:46:58 pm by casperjebba »
The volume of the emails is ridiculous. No other company has contact me more than twice. I've had TEN emails and counting...

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:41:18 pm by casperjebba »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 24, 2018, 02:44:22 pm by GazLaz »
I must say it does seem a bit tinpot that we can't seem to figure out how to properly work our CRM and email service provider. I don't think it'll really harm the club's business in any way as it's not that big a deal, but it does make me roll my eyes a bit. Just smacks of the club doing a last-minute fumble over something every company has known about for ages.

If they are incaple of managing this process it’s highly likely they are not doing a great job in other areas that aren’t as visible as well.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 24, 2018, 03:30:40 pm by Not Now Kato »

If they are incaple of managing this process it’s highly likely they are not doing a great job in other areas that aren’t as visible as well.

Indeed.  I keep getting reminders to renew my season ticket....

…. which I renewed it the first day they went on sale.

Seems the left hand doesn't even know there is a right hand!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 24, 2018, 06:11:06 pm by Filo »

I've had the same, it starts to put doubts in your mind as to wether your purchase is registered or not and they've sold your seat to sommeone else

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 24, 2018, 06:16:16 pm by Cantley Rover »

I've had the same, it starts to put doubts in your mind as to wether your purchase is registered or not and they've sold your seat to sommeone else

Me too

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 24, 2018, 07:13:35 pm by NickDRFC »
I don’t know the ins and outs of GDPR, but what I do know is that I must have had 50-100 emails over the past month about it. And the one from Rovers is the only one that not only isn’t a single click of a button, but is a multi-faceted labyrinth. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t lose a lot of details with this - with me it’s not a big deal as I tend to ignore emails anyway and look for news elsewhere, but how costly will this be with the floating fan? You only have to look at this thread to see how much it annoys the fans who are probably the core.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:39:04 pm by NickDRFC »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 24, 2018, 08:53:32 pm by silent majority »
As I've pointed out much earlier in this thread it's not a simple click of a button and we'll retain your details for DRFC, not on this occasion.

The club inherited a pretty much out of date, broken CRM system from the old SMC. The ticket office was also on a separate system, again inherited. Last season they took the plunge and invested in a brand new system that can handle much more than simple mailing tasks, it can differentiate data and demographics on multiple levels. I'm no expert on these CRM systems but it does appear that we have finally taken control of a system that will benefit the club and supporters.

Therefore the club have taken this opportunity to scrap the old systems and create a brand new database. By monitoring the amount of people who exist across the various mailing lists they can tell what the take up has been and its obvious that some won't be captured, hence the multiple emails. I find it strange that people would criticise the club for being overly cautious, and yet I guarantee that somebody will be on here in the next few weeks complaining that they've been missed off a mailing list.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 24, 2018, 08:55:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not me though, I finally get emails.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 24, 2018, 08:56:33 pm by silent majority »
Not me though, I finally get emails.

Pleased to hear that bfyp!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 25, 2018, 09:00:06 pm by Cantley Rover »
As I've pointed out much earlier in this thread it's not a simple click of a button and we'll retain your details for DRFC, not on this occasion.

The club inherited a pretty much out of date, broken CRM system from the old SMC. The ticket office was also on a separate system, again inherited. Last season they took the plunge and invested in a brand new system that can handle much more than simple mailing tasks, it can differentiate data and demographics on multiple levels. I'm no expert on these CRM systems but it does appear that we have finally taken control of a system that will benefit the club and supporters.

Therefore the club have taken this opportunity to scrap the old systems and create a brand new database. By monitoring the amount of people who exist across the various mailing lists they can tell what the take up has been and its obvious that some won't be captured, hence the multiple emails. I find it strange that people would criticise the club for being overly cautious, and yet I guarantee that somebody will be on here in the next few weeks complaining that they've been missed off a mailing list.

If they have created one database by merging the information they have surely the most basic requirement would be to have it cleaned first before sending out a mass mailing??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 25, 2018, 10:15:22 pm by silent majority »

If they have created one database by merging the information they have surely the most basic requirement would be to have it cleaned first before sending out a mass mailing??

What??

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 26, 2018, 11:33:42 am by Cantley Rover »

What??
Go ask someone who understands database capture and bulk emailing.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 26, 2018, 11:57:35 am by silent majority »

What??
Go ask someone who understands database capture and bulk emailing.

What??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012