Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:56:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tisdale  (Read 3288 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Tisdale
« on June 01, 2018, 11:24:04 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Left Exeter. Now put Jim Bentley as the longest serving manager in the football league.

I'm sure when someone ran the list a year ago or so Fergie was top 10.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Tisdale
« Reply #1 on June 01, 2018, 12:09:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
It certainly won't be Paul Heckingbottom in the Top 10.....

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 01, 2018, 12:14:52 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Lasted a good 14 games.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 01, 2018, 12:38:56 pm by glosterred »
Lasted a good 14 games.

That’s a life time for a Leeds manager

COYR

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 01, 2018, 12:48:33 pm by RoversAlias »
Left Exeter. Now put Jim Bentley as the longest serving manager in the football league.

Darren Ferguson is the 15th longest serving manager across the top 4 leagues now. He is now 10th in the EFL as 5 of the managers above him overall are in the Premier League.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 01, 2018, 01:22:56 pm by karldew »
Sure I read somewhere that Tisdale was in talks with MK Dons the other day?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 01, 2018, 01:27:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

He said in an interview after playoffs that he’d been offered a good contract with Exeter but he looked to be moving on. So I suspect he’s going to another club.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 01, 2018, 02:07:19 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Darren Ferguson is the 15th longest serving manager across the top 4 leagues now. He is now 10th in the EFL as 5 of the managers above him overall are in the Premier League.

Thank you

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 01, 2018, 02:07:57 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Good bloke, Tisdale. One of the more decent managers in the game.
For some reason, though, he seems to have lost it with Exeter’s fans.......and not just since their play off defeat last weekend.
As some one said many years ago: “Funny old game”!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:12:23 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 01, 2018, 02:10:53 pm by chrisd_123 »

He said in an interview after playoffs that he’d been offered a good contract with Exeter but he looked to be moving on. So I suspect he’s going to another club.

Did I hear during the final that he'd actually been sacked in November but because of the way Exeter is run they couldn't pay him off and had to just serve him a year's notice?

So now they're doing well they wanted to offer him a new deal but he's like "No thanks"?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 02, 2018, 11:51:00 am by RoversAlias »

Did I hear during the final that he'd actually been sacked in November but because of the way Exeter is run they couldn't pay him off and had to just serve him a year's notice?

So now they're doing well they wanted to offer him a new deal but he's like "No thanks"?

Pretty much.

Ferguson's about 15th/16th in the list.

John Askey also left Macclesfield yesterday, so that bumps Ferguson up another place.

He's 15th, as I posted a few replies up the page.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 03, 2018, 12:22:38 am by Colemans Left Hook »

right chaps this bit about being sacked but not being sacked fits in nicely with the interview with him on 12 November 2016   note 2016 not 2017  remember listening to this and wondering what the phone number was for Exeter samaritans

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2016/november/match-reaction-paul-tisdale-on-exeter-city-1-doncaster-3/

as you will naturally all recall exeter  hadn't won a home game for yonks and yonks (won plenty away at the time ) ALL their defenders were injured for the match against Rovers they were 2nd bottom I recall

they were winning 1-0 past the hour mark and heading for victory until substitute Mandeville came on and totally changed the game and told Marquis to stop sulking  they got 3 goals between them

and it seems with hindsight Rovers (mandeville) got Tisdale the sack ... wouldnt be surprised if Tisdale tries to sign Mandie after he alone effectively got him the sack

perhaps that match went to Mandies head ??? who knows

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 03, 2018, 09:56:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
Like Coleman said. In Nov 2016 they were near bottom, so tried to get rid but couldn't afford to, so he had to see out the rest of his contract. They then got to two play-offs in a row, Exeter fans then tried to renew his contract but he declined, obviously if someone tries getting rid you're less inclined to stay. I guess their fans are a bit bitter too towards him but he's their most successful manager ever and they gave him his notice.

It's a fickle old game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012