Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:46:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson resigned  (Read 27754 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: Ferguson resigned
« Reply #180 on June 05, 2018, 12:25:57 am by Rovers Return »
A board with no ambition, except to keep us yo-yoing between Lg.1 and 2, unwilling to give an ambitious manager the funds to improve the side, so he walks. Silent majority will not like this as the sun shines out of the boards according to him. They can do no wrong, but the proof is there for all to see, just watch the massive investment in signing juniors this summer to "improve the squad".

You obviously don't know SM at all with that statement. Nobody but nobody impresses Martin without good justification and certainly the sun doesn't shine out of anybody's backside.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on June 05, 2018, 12:26:22 am by Filo »
A board with no ambition, except to keep us yo-yoing between Lg.1 and 2, unwilling to give an ambitious manager the funds to improve the side, so he walks. Silent majority will not like this as the sun shines out of the boards according to him. They can do no wrong, but the proof is there for all to see, just watch the massive investment in signing juniors this summer to "improve the squad".

I think he's walked because he has a job lined up, and if that turns out to be the case then his integrity is shot in my opinion, he was lucky to keep his job after the relegation fiasco

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on June 05, 2018, 12:30:42 am by RoversAlias »
I would expect a Caretaker taking over most duties to be announced soon,possible Redfern or strachan,with the permanent manager taking weeks to be decided.

Not sure there's any logic to a caretaker taking over in the close season. The new appointment will need to be done a lot more quicker than the lost one though.

I agree,Im just going on the BBC qoute saying fans will be informed in 24 hours,Im thinking it may be about a caretaker,because It cannot be a replacement so quick,as SM said,there is a week for applications to go in,to start with.

That BBC article is simply bad wording, nothing new there, as if you look at the Rovers statement on it they say they are going to provide more information in the next 24 hours. Understandably so, because this is out of the blue at 10pm at night so they have some clarifying of their position to do tomorrow.

I get the sense Fergie has ambushed the club and media a bit by putting out that statement through the LMA perhaps a day earlier than everyone else was expecting.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on June 05, 2018, 12:57:50 am by Michael Shaw »
Nudga, Dickos1 and DonnyOsmond you can all go suck my man part. I said in Big Announcement that I would not be surprised if Fergie left and you shot me down. He wanted two players for each position, and then he backed down and talked of flexible players, and then all he could sign was 8th tier players. The writing was on the wall and you were all too stupid to see it or believe me.  No moves have been made for good players and the board are not coughing up the budget, it is obvious. Even the board can’t have the decency to thank Fergie for all his work, disgraceful. We’ll see if Gavin stays ....

Finding another manager and signing new players before next season means we will probably struggle for another season. Thanks to the board. Fergie was as good a manager as we could have expected at Doncaster.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on June 05, 2018, 01:20:16 am by since-1969 »
I suppose we start yet another 5 year plan or was this part of it ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on June 05, 2018, 01:29:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I still to this day can’t believe how he survived the second half of 2015/16.

Yes, he redeemed himself somewhat in 16/17 and yes he achieved the primary aim this season. But given the forebearance that the club showed him after that historically appalling run in 2016, it always jarred the way he constantly complained about the resources at his disposal.

I wanted him to be a success. But frankly, f**k the Herr Lipp lookalike get.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:33:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on June 05, 2018, 01:36:25 am by silent majority »

You miss the quite obvious point. The board do have ambition which is why DF will no longer be our manager.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on June 05, 2018, 01:56:54 am by Michael Shaw »
What is "the quite obvious point"? DF has resigned from the post, not the board sacked DF because they did not feel he could achieve their ambitions.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on June 05, 2018, 03:26:30 am by Alan Southstand »
What's the point of a 5 year plan, when the Board can't provide the resources to keep a manager in post for 5 years? Clueless!

Get ready for yet another drop into L2 and maybe even lower.

What a bloody waste of time.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on June 05, 2018, 05:26:54 am by PDX_Rover »
Alan - what utter bloody drivel. You are Private Fraser and I claim my fiver.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on June 05, 2018, 05:40:34 am by GazLaz »
Fergie jr is a wealthy man. He has choices. He owns a very sucessful business outside of football with his dad. The business is worth millions.

The business they are directors of is only a company SAF gets paid commercial revenue into.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on June 05, 2018, 06:00:38 am by Draytonian III »
DF @ MK b4 WC

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on June 05, 2018, 06:11:03 am by coventryrover »
utter clap trap.  Have you got millions to invest?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on June 05, 2018, 06:18:29 am by coventryrover »
What's the point of a 5 year plan, when the Board can't provide the resources to keep a manager in post for 5 years? Clueless!

Get ready for yet another drop into L2 and maybe even lower.

What a bloody waste of time.
blinking heck...Samaritans were busy

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on June 05, 2018, 06:19:08 am by johnny rovers »
A board with no ambition, except to keep us yo-yoing between Lg.1 and 2

We've been in league two only once in 15 years

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on June 05, 2018, 06:27:31 am by Jonathan »
So, with a clear head on the matter this morning. I’m a little disappointed / concerned as to the inference of his departure, but far from gutted. I hope the sourcing of a new manager doesn’t drag on too long, but the time to pass judgement is when the new manager is in place and the team is lining up for the start of the season. Only then will we be able to provide an assessment of what the implications of all this are / were on our ambitions.

Depending on who comes in this could be an exciting time - we’ll see shortly.

There’s a lot of rubbish written on here. I certainly don’t see the news of the last 12 hours turning us into relegation fodder. Whether it translates into progress - the jury’s out at least until we make an appointment and shape our recruitment.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:31:57 am by Jonathan »

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on June 05, 2018, 06:40:50 am by Cantley Rover »

You miss the quite obvious point. The board do have ambition which is why DF will no longer be our manager.

So you are saying he was pushed then?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on June 05, 2018, 06:42:10 am by GazLaz »
Whatever the reason, the fact he feels it necessary to resign has to be worrying. There’s no way he would leave if he though he had a good chance of promotion.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on June 05, 2018, 06:47:50 am by The Red Baron »
If he’s been left with no alternative I would suggest whoever comes in is going to have a shite budget.
I did say back in January he had been told he couldn’t sign any of the players he wanted, maybe he’s been told the same again

If he was told that why did we then go and shell out six figures on Whiteman, who's since done the square root of f**k all?

Maybe they just don't trust him with their money, particularly after the Evina fiasco. I'm shocked he's resigned though, normally they just wait to get the bullet and take the payout.

He'll have resigned now because he has something else in the offing. I think there's a lot in what you say about Evina et al. You can add the likes of Williams, Mandeville and Lund to that list. All given new deals then bombed out.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 05, 2018, 06:54:23 am by Chris Black come back »
Etheridge, Garratt, May - all dumped and hung out after a bad performance. None of us was in training sessions and players do speak highly of him, but externally man management looked akin to small child throwing various toys from pram.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on June 05, 2018, 06:55:40 am by The Red Baron »

Yes, he redeemed himself somewhat in 16/17 and yes he achieved the primary aim this season. But given the forebearance that the club showed him after that historically appalling run in 2016, it always Jarred the way he constant complained about the resources at his disposal.

I've said it many times - there are not many clubs where the manager would have survived a run like that, especially when he was brought in with the main aim of avoiding relegation.

He then managed to finish third in a one horse race and just recently he promised a strong finish, then saw the season peter out as we played some of the most turgid football imaginable.

No tears shed here, especially because the timing of his statement suggests he has other irons in the fire.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on June 05, 2018, 06:57:37 am by Chris Black come back »
With you on that TRB, amen.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on June 05, 2018, 07:03:25 am by The Red Baron »
BUTLER & COPPS...DREAM TEAM

WELL IT WORKED WITH PENNEY???????

REGARDS

RAY

The romantic in me says that sounds great. But the pragmatist in me thinks back to Ian Snodin, a guy I loved as a player who ended up getting sacked as manager with us heading for the Unibond League.

Butts and Copps are legends and that's how I want to remember them, not as failed managers.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on June 05, 2018, 07:05:51 am by DonnyOsmond »
You can see on social media his relationship with the players is still strong.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 05, 2018, 07:07:50 am by Cantley Rover »
Hopefully it is a case of DF getting in the first blow and the real reason is that he has been (in a round about way) sacked.
if this is the case then fine, I for one wont lose any sleep over him going.
If on the other hand however..............

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on June 05, 2018, 07:08:08 am by dickos1 »

All we know at the minute is Ferguson left of his own accord, so that certainly doesn’t suggest the board have ambition.

Their ambition will only be known when we see who the new appointment is and the players we sign

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on June 05, 2018, 07:09:14 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Yes, he redeemed himself somewhat in 16/17 and yes he achieved the primary aim this season. But given the forebearance that the club showed him after that historically appalling run in 2016, it always Jarred the way he constant complained about the resources at his disposal.

I've said it many times - there are not many clubs where the manager would have survived a run like that, especially when he was brought in with the main aim of avoiding relegation.

He then managed to finish third in a one horse race and just recently he promised a strong finish, then saw the season peter out as we played some of the most turgid football imaginable.

No tears shed here, especially because the timing of his statement suggests he has other irons in the fire.

Yes, I can’t argue with any of that TRB

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on June 05, 2018, 07:12:23 am by dickos1 »
Etheridge, Garratt, May - all dumped and hung out after a bad performance. None of us was in training sessions and players do speak highly of him, but externally man management looked akin to small child throwing various toys from pram.

Nobody in their right mind would have kept etheridge in goal after the start he made here

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 05, 2018, 07:12:40 am by Silkscarf »
He's obviously got a better offer and, compared to that club's budget, he can say ours is not enough. Well sod off then, no-one will mourn your passing.

I never warmed to the bloke. He seems an angry sort and that approach isn't the way to work with toddlers never mind grown-ups.

I look forward to getting a new manager who will take us forward, rather than backwards and then back to where we were.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 05, 2018, 07:15:34 am by Filo »

You speak like DF hasn't resigned, and was in fact sacked

TinyPortal © 2005-2012