Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:33:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson resigned  (Read 27517 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson resigned
« Reply #270 on June 05, 2018, 05:41:18 pm by RedJ »
Almost as if people are looking for any reason to have a dig at the club, isn't it. Imagine that...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on June 05, 2018, 05:50:16 pm by the vicar »
im not having a pop at anyone am i, its just that we are left to argue with each other and speculate 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on June 05, 2018, 06:17:54 pm by silent majority »
im not having a pop at anyone am i, its just that we are left to argue with each other and speculate 

The problem though Dave was the timing of the announcement by DF. Nobody knew that it was coming quite late on a Monday evening, the staff would have been at home and not prepared. As it happens the club put out a holding statement last night with plans for a more detailed response today, which they've now done.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on June 05, 2018, 06:21:05 pm by Filo »

The problem though Dave was the timing of the announcement by DF. Nobody knew that it was coming quite late on a Monday evening, the staff would have been at home and not prepared. As it happens the club put out a holding statement last night with plans for a more detailed response today, which they've now done.

I wonder why DF chose that time of night to announce it, it could have eaited till this morning surely?

Unless he already had a meeting lined up today with potential future employers

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on June 05, 2018, 06:32:49 pm by mushRTID »
He was probably just getting in there first and being awkward

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on June 05, 2018, 06:37:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Just chill out, it'll work itself out. There is nothing to argue or speculate. We are recruiting a new manager (who has the ability to manage in the Championship). That's good enough for me, is it not good enough for you?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on June 05, 2018, 06:53:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
The thing I found odd about DF was his decision to give extended contracts to players, then later concluding that they were not part of his plans.

Evina, Middleton, Lund are examples.

Having made a poor choice about how to spend his budget, did he then expect the BoD to cough up more to cover his mistake?

You would lose faith in his judgment if that were the case.

What about Etheridge? He was brought in by Ferguson to be our #1 and admittedly after a few mistakes he was dumped out of club. It was his signing and as the main guy not some youth bloke stuck in at last minute. If he was deficient in some way then shoulder the burden - you signed the guy!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on June 05, 2018, 07:00:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It's like no other managers given contracts to players then later regretted it...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on June 05, 2018, 07:01:03 pm by RedJ »

Ever since I've been on this forum you've had a problem with Terry Brammall.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on June 05, 2018, 07:09:42 pm by Upton Rover »
Best thing for the club in 3 years

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on June 05, 2018, 09:23:43 pm by idler »
The thing I found odd about DF was his decision to give extended contracts to players, then later concluding that they were not part of his plans.

Evina, Middleton, Lund are examples.

Having made a poor choice about how to spend his budget, did he then expect the BoD to cough up more to cover his mistake?

You would lose faith in his judgment if that were the case.

What about Etheridge? He was brought in by Ferguson to be our #1 and admittedly after a few mistakes he was dumped out of club. It was his signing and as the main guy not some youth bloke stuck in at last minute. If he was deficient in some way then shoulder the burden - you signed the guy!
At the Accrington away game I was stood next to his dad who said despite other offers Etheridge signed for us because his agent was a mate of Fergie's. A shame that it went so badly for him especially as he wasn't even the worst keeper on the pitch that day.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on June 05, 2018, 09:38:55 pm by dickos1 »
The other one has just signed for Peterborough

TinyPortal © 2005-2012