Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:29:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson resigned  (Read 27516 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson resigned
« Reply #60 on June 04, 2018, 10:06:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Something dorsn't add up, he gives Copps a new contract and then resigns

The contract will have been given by the CEO and maybe he was told the funds left were not enough for the CEO to sign players on his list.
We will never know over to the rose tinted board supporting posters to lay it on thick.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 04, 2018, 10:06:11 pm by Cantley Rover »
Whoever comes in needs to be in pretty soon, to get cracking with the close season

Yes and he will need plenty of non league contacts.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 04, 2018, 10:06:44 pm by silent majority »
I'd heard rumours of an abysmal budget and the high earners leaving not being replaced.

That's just rumours though Wes, no truth in that at all.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 04, 2018, 10:06:53 pm by pib »
If it didn't point to something wider going on, I wouldn't be all that bothered. Decent manager and I'd have been happy for him to stay but I didn't feel he was ever getting more out of the team than the sum of its parts, and started to get tired of him only having two gameplans and subsequently running out of ideas when neither of them worked.

Interesting times. Not going to cast doom over the situation just yet but it will be interesting to see which way this plays out.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 04, 2018, 10:07:28 pm by essexrover »
Can't say I'm too bothered about Fergie, but I am bothered about the potential disruption,disarray & uncertainty that could result from this. Just hope we can get it all settled down again, without too much delay, ready for pre-season.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 04, 2018, 10:07:48 pm by Cantley Rover »
I'd heard rumours of an abysmal budget and the high earners leaving not being replaced.

That's just rumours though Wes, no truth in that at all.

So what is the truth?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 04, 2018, 10:07:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a funny one though. The reaction from many is they are happy which kind of says it all.

The comments on funds are more worrying, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding and the owners haven't let us down yet.

Let's get someone better now.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:04 pm by GazLaz »
Never said this before ,but I think with the passing of dick ,we have a change of direction about spending money ,I think this is a big turning point and I'm afraid if not thus season but next where on a slippery slope back to the conference, just my opinion ,the crowds are going to drop and all the hard work wasted , I hope someone with equal money buys the club and are willing to spend ,not loads but just a bit more than just sustainable ,I'm sick of the word sustainable,  I wish I could write my point down better lol.

I said this at the time.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:11 pm by dickos1 »
What is the truth then?

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:31 pm by Donnyjim »
Seem to remember him doing something similar at Posh. The going got tough and DF got going. Can't say I'm surprised. It had been stale and mundane for a while. There is never a good time for a manager to leave - I do think however, that this is good timing. We can wipe the slate clean for next season. If we can get a man motivator in (DF wasn't this) we can compete at this level. Onwards.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:33 pm by mushRTID »
I’m pretty sure he’s got something else lined up. Just gut feeling

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:41 pm by Scooter »
Really surprised at this. I’d like to see a new name come in rather than the merry go round shite.

Unless Carlos Carvajal wants a proper South Yorkshire club

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:53 pm by drfchound »
Life goes on.
Players and managers come and go.

Who knows, maybe we will get someone to push us forward.

This doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 04, 2018, 10:09:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Definitely heard this in recent months.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 04, 2018, 10:09:49 pm by RedJ »
Something dorsn't add up, he gives Copps a new contract and then resigns

The contract will have been given by the CEO and maybe he was told the funds left were not enough for the CEO to sign players on his list.
We will never know over to the rose tinted board supporting posters to lay it on thick.
Only as thick as the people who have had it in for the board since John Ryan stood down.

Really don't know why people are arsed, he hardly pulled up trees while he was here did he.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 04, 2018, 10:10:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
DF is a very wealthy man so is in a position to walk away.

Is he? Genuine question, I don't know. Obviously his dad is a millionaire but that doesn't guarantee he is.

I find it hard to believe there are any principles in football any more. Like, I'm really struggling to believe he's walked away on some sort of principle. I'd take an educated guess we will see Fergie Jr in another job very soon.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on June 04, 2018, 10:11:34 pm by RobTheRover »
Bloody hell, anyone want to buy some razor blades?

The news is half an hour old. Let's wait till the club make their statement. Everyone is jumping in based on probably less than half the story.

Personally, I'm not too fussed to see him leave. I think he did a job, got us moving forward again, but his style of play had its limitations and his substitutions consistently baffled me. This is now an opportunity to appoint the right man to take us to the next level.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 04, 2018, 10:11:38 pm by coventryrover »
We have to be sustainable unless someone else is go9ng to put money into the club.  There's no other option 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 04, 2018, 10:11:44 pm by dickos1 »
I agree it’s not necessarily going to be a bad thing, but he wouldn’t leave for no reason and he wouldn’t say he was left with no alternative. That’s what’s concerning me, we’ve got no money to bring in any decent players

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 04, 2018, 10:11:53 pm by steve@dcfd »

I hope he has wish him all the best.

builder jon

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on June 04, 2018, 10:12:13 pm by builder jon »
The BBC quotes supporters will be updated with a successor within the next 24hrs.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 04, 2018, 10:12:20 pm by since-1969 »
If he’s been left with no alternative I would suggest whoever comes in is going to have a shite budget.
I did say back in January he had been told he couldn’t sign any of the players he wanted, maybe he’s been told the same again

If he was told that why did we then go and shell out six figures on Whiteman, who's since done the square root of f**k all?

Maybe they just don't trust him with their money, particularly after the Evina fiasco. I'm shocked he's resigned though, normally they just wait to get the bullet and take the payout.
You could well be correct on trust , Williams , Evina etc has left the club spending good money on rubbish.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 04, 2018, 10:12:43 pm by Jonathan »
I think the club needs to get a positive statement of intent out ASAP. And follow it up with a quick and decisive appointment to take the club forward.

Of course there’s life after Fergie. Whilst I didn’t want him out, there were things about his approach that frustrated the hell out of me. But the implied cause of his departure is a concern. And for that reason I’d like to see the club speak and act decisively.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 04, 2018, 10:13:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I agree it’s not necessarily going to be a bad thing, but he wouldn’t leave for no reason and he wouldn’t say he was left with no alternative. That’s what’s concerning me, we’ve got no money to bring in any decent players

Or he was wanting to go to MK and we wouldn't let him go and he was left with no option but to resign?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 04, 2018, 10:14:12 pm by dickos1 »
If he’s been left with no alternative I would suggest whoever comes in is going to have a shite budget.
I did say back in January he had been told he couldn’t sign any of the players he wanted, maybe he’s been told the same again

Not necessarily.

If you were a director, would you be more inclined to give a decent budget to a guy who's gone stale (and produced some absolutely boring football last season) or a new manager who'll impress at interview, bring a freshness, new impetus, etc, and might use the 'need to sign my own players' line.

Don’t be daft, if that was the case they’d just sack him. They wanted him to stay but they’ve offered him no funds to do the job with

If he resigns, he'll get less in a pay-of than he would if he was to be sacked - so forcing his hand with what he perceives to be a bad budget is a clever way for the board to get their own way.

It's clearly worked as he's quit long before a ball will be kicked and the new manager can come in and the budget can be 'accordingly adjusted' so the new manager can bring in his own staff, players, etc.

It's better this has happened now than Ferguson staying into next season and working with a crap budget, because he's a negative git who thinks it's a crap budget, and things going tits up.

I'd like to see the club go and appoint Danny Cowley now. Long balls, nasty kicks, flying elbows - perfect. And a damn sight better than the toothless, tippy-tappy, back-passing purposeless football what DF's 'team' produced last season!
Its only worked if we now appoint a good manager and give him a decent budget. If we appoint someone cheap and don’t spend money on players then that clearly wasn’t their plan

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 04, 2018, 10:14:41 pm by roversam »
Big Sam is available 😊

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 04, 2018, 10:15:07 pm by mushRTID »

Any link to the frightening rumour you heard?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 04, 2018, 10:15:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Too many people speculating and claiming it to be fact. And some need to get their heads around the fact that we are unlikely to be spending shed loads on players certainly not for the foreseeable future and, before you start criticising the owners just remember, there isn't a queue of wealthy benefactors waiting in the wings!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 04, 2018, 10:15:48 pm by Cantley Rover »
The BBC quotes supporters will be updated with a successor within the next 24hrs.

My money is on Neil Redfern

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 04, 2018, 10:15:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Probably just saying they're gonna go through a process to get the best manager for us or something.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012