Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:00:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson resigned  (Read 27745 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson resigned
« Reply #150 on June 04, 2018, 10:57:35 pm by mushRTID »
Hope this means Mandeville gets another crack.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on June 04, 2018, 10:57:54 pm by drfchound »
I'm surprised but not, if that makes sense. I didn't mind DF. However, I didn't 100% buy into him. He obviously has had some lower league success and understands the game, but there's something missing from his management style. Not sure exactly what it is, but he's certainly not his Dad. He doesn't have 'it' as a manager, but he was an improvement on Dickov. He's certainly moved the club forwards in structure I think, even if we are back where we were when he came in in terms of league position.

We played some nice stuff. We played some f**king awful stuff. He didn't seem to be able to stick to a system and some of his decisions, playing players out of position a hell of a lot, were bizarre. And every season he lost his way towards the end of the season. Every season.

I'm actually excited to see what happens next. I certainly don't believe our board is tight. And I don't agree all this b*llocks about them "not being football people" - utter crap. RTID

Crikey PDX, how high is that fence you are sitting on.

I have mixed feelings about Fergie. I think many do. He was the manager and had my support but there was something always a bit off IMO. Just how I feel. Ambivalent is the word.

Far too complex a word to use on here mate.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 04, 2018, 10:59:58 pm by wing commander »
I think your fighting a losing battle tonight SM.. People are putting 2 and 2 together and maybe they are getting to 4 or maybe 5 we don't know.. I'm keeping a open mind whether it was the budget or he has had a fall out or got another job... To many people making statements portraying them as fact when we really don't know...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on June 04, 2018, 11:00:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
I don't think there should be too much panic over the budget. We've still got a talented group of players, who I don't think Ferguson got the best out of last season. I'm interested to see what a new manager can do with two or three key additions. I don't actually think we need to spend a great deal.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 04, 2018, 11:00:43 pm by MachoMadness »
At least Fergie bottled it before the season started this time, and not in the last few games as usual. :chair:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on June 04, 2018, 11:00:52 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe not on the pitch but it’s common knowledge how much the club has moved forward under Ferguson.

Agreed mate but we all know that what happens on the pitch is what brings the supporters in.
What goes on behind the scenes is not really important to the floating fans.

No but floating fans shouldn’t be the main concern. We’re a far more professionally run club now since he’s been here. Better staff, improved methods, more professional, all that can only eventually lead to improvements on the pitch

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 04, 2018, 11:05:04 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Big Sam is available 😊

Don't even joke about it!  :mad:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 04, 2018, 11:10:59 pm by silent majority »
Anyone else find it strange that the news broke on the LMA website first, and also the fact that we've heard nothing from Fergie for weeks, I wonder if this happened some time ago?
Ask Martin he will discuss this when he see Gavin and be able to tell you when the decision was made.

The decision was made today.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 04, 2018, 11:17:45 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Chuck my thoughts into the pot.

I said a few weeks ago he's had his head turned by MK, apparently they said a big war chest was available for the right manager to get them into the championship within 3 seasons.

My thoughts on the board.
They new most of the fans had or were turning against Fergie. They wanted a new manager in, probably had one in mind since the last day of the season. Watching Wigan get the trophy on our pitch when he blew it the season before. His rolling contract was up on 1st of June,  they new he'd turn them down if we had a crap budget. Win win for them

Of course this is all pie in the sky..... Would be strange though if Fergie went to MK, our new manager was given a decent budget.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on June 04, 2018, 11:19:30 pm by Filo »
Chuck my thoughts into the pot.

I said a few weeks ago he's had his head turned by MK, apparently they said a big war chest was available for the right manager to get them into the championship within 3 seasons.

My thoughts on the board.
They new most of the fans had or were turning against Fergie. They wanted a new manager in, probably had one in mind since the last day of the season. Watching Wigan get the trophy on our pitch when he blew it the season before. His rolling contract was up on 1st of June,  they new he'd turn them down if we had a crap budget. Win win for them

Of course this is all pie in the sky..... Would be strange though if Fergie went to MK, our new manager was given a decent budget.

His rolling contract was only up on 1st June if he had been handed his notice on 1st June last year

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on June 04, 2018, 11:20:05 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Bloody hell, anyone want to buy some razor blades?

The news is half an hour old. Let's wait till the club make their statement. Everyone is jumping in based on probably less than half the story.

Personally, I'm not too fussed to see him leave. I think he did a job, got us moving forward again, but his style of play had its limitations and his substitutions consistently baffled me. This is now an opportunity to appoint the right man to take us to the next level.

Isn't that what we did last time?

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on June 04, 2018, 11:20:15 pm by mjg »
Hands up who couldn’t care less ✋

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 04, 2018, 11:20:39 pm by pib »

The news is half an hour old. Let's wait till the club make their statement. Everyone is jumping in based on probably less than half the story.

Personally, I'm not too fussed to see him leave. I think he did a job, got us moving forward again, but his style of play had its limitations and his substitutions consistently baffled me. This is now an opportunity to appoint the right man to take us to the next level.

Yeah and he took us to the next level....down.  :silly:

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on June 04, 2018, 11:20:53 pm by Rovers Return »
Well I'm chuffed to death! What a dull season, team, manager. I felt that my brain was beginning to numb at times last season. For me this shows ambition by the board. Mr Ferguson believed he was an above average manager but his results just didn't back that up.

My guess is that the board just didn't believe he could take us any further despite how much brass they were likely to throw at him. He was lead to the door and he jumped (to MK Dons) with a little push. Clever business men!

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on June 04, 2018, 11:24:42 pm by bradford exile »
BUTLER & COPPS...DREAM TEAM

WELL IT WORKED WITH PENNEY???????

REGARDS

RAY

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on June 04, 2018, 11:25:23 pm by Drover »
Anyone else find it strange that the news broke on the LMA website first, and also the fact that we've heard nothing from Fergie for weeks, I wonder if this happened some time ago?
Ask Martin he will discuss this when he see Gavin and be able to tell you when the decision was made.

The announcement/informing was probably made today.Im not convinced the decision was made today.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on June 04, 2018, 11:28:59 pm by Drover »
 I would expect a Caretaker taking over most duties to be announced soon,possible Redfern or strachan,with the permanent manager taking weeks to be decided.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on June 04, 2018, 11:29:24 pm by donny dave »
Well I'm chuffed to death! What a dull season, team, manager. I felt that my brain was beginning to numb at times last season. For me this shows ambition by the board. Mr Ferguson believed he was an above average manager but his results just didn't back that up.

My guess is that the board just didn't believe he could take us any further despite how much brass they were likely to throw at him. He was lead to the door and he jumped (to MK Dons) with a little push. Clever business men!
I agree with you there.
I think it was more a case of the board not wanting to back his decisions anymore.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on June 04, 2018, 11:32:59 pm by silent majority »

The announcement/informing was probably made today.Im not convinced the decision was made today.

I can assure you it was.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 04, 2018, 11:35:24 pm by Drover »
I agree it’s not necessarily going to be a bad thing, but he wouldn’t leave for no reason and he wouldn’t say he was left with no alternative. That’s what’s concerning me, we’ve got no money to bring in any decent players

Any link to the frightening rumour you heard?

Maybe yeah.
I was told then that the club had to take out a loan because of a cash flow shortage due to season ticket sales not being as good as they’d projected.

More rubbish Dickos, can you seriously imagine Terry Bramall having to take out a loan??

More rubbish 😂

The club needed the loan not brammal of course.
You keep saying it’s all rubbish but the things that are happening don’t seem to back it up.

Wouldn't be a smart business move though? If the club needed it wouldn't Brammall loan us it then the interest goes to him, not some bank or whatever.

TB invests countless millions to DRFC, he's never taken anything out or charged a single penny in interest. Its just a ludicrous suggestion that the club would need a loan, commercial or otherwise, to cover a lack of income in ST sales. Especially since ST sales exceeded expectations.

Genuine curious question SM,did Dick Watson and/or JR loan/invest the club money and if yes,did they charge any interest?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on June 04, 2018, 11:37:50 pm by wesisback »

Yes and we'll gamble on this one as well. No board is infallible to making the wrong appointments and we've made some stinkers in the past. While I've not enjoyed Fergies football in the slightest, I did see the club's criteria for appointment and Fergie ticked all the right boxes.
As RTR has rightly pointed out I don't think we'd have moved much further forward with Fergie and therefore this is a blessing in disguise I hope as long as the new manager is suitably blacked instead of being offered a pittance for non leaguers and youths.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on June 04, 2018, 11:38:37 pm by Drover »

I can assure you it was.

Really? Is it not possible DF made his decision days or weeks ago but only told those concerned today?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on June 04, 2018, 11:39:41 pm by silent majority »
Drover,

There were loans obviously, but TB and the Watson family converted all their loans into share capital, thereby writing off all debt.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on June 04, 2018, 11:39:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
I would expect a Caretaker taking over most duties to be announced soon,possible Redfern or strachan,with the permanent manager taking weeks to be decided.

Not sure there's any logic to a caretaker taking over in the close season. The new appointment will need to be done a lot more quicker than the lost one though.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on June 04, 2018, 11:46:16 pm by selby »
  If you look on the MK Dons Forum, it was first rumoured on there on May 20th that Darren Ferguson had applied for their managers job.
  If true, and he gets the job, he certainly goes down in my estimation after we stood by him when he took us down. And if he takes his backroom staff, they should be made to pay compensation, or resign.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on June 04, 2018, 11:52:34 pm by Drover »
Drover,

There were loans obviously, but TB and the Watson family converted all their loans into share capital, thereby writing off all debt.

Oh right,I might be wrong,but did'nt JR do something similar(im sure its alot less than dick and Terry) when he left,Wright off loans or something?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on June 04, 2018, 11:57:45 pm by Drover »

Not sure there's any logic to a caretaker taking over in the close season. The new appointment will need to be done a lot more quicker than the lost one though.

I agree,Im just going on the BBC qoute saying fans will be informed in 24 hours,Im thinking it may be about a caretaker,because It cannot be a replacement so quick,as SM said,there is a week for applications to go in,to start with.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on June 05, 2018, 12:01:54 am by since-1969 »
Something dorsn't add up, he gives Copps a new contract and then resigns
I hope who ever comes knows Copps as he could look at his birth certificate and wonder why at 37 he was given another contract .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 05, 2018, 12:08:44 am by Filo »
Something dorsn't add up, he gives Copps a new contract and then resigns
I hope who ever comes knows Copps as he could look at his birth certificate and wonder why at 37 he was given another contract .

If the new manager doesn't know Copps he shouldn't be in management

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 05, 2018, 12:17:04 am by Barmby Rover »
A board with no ambition, except to keep us yo-yoing between Lg.1 and 2, unwilling to give an ambitious manager the funds to improve the side, so he walks. Silent majority will not like this as the sun shines out of the boards according to him. They can do no wrong, but the proof is there for all to see, just watch the massive investment in signing juniors this summer to "improve the squad".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012