Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:41:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board  (Read 11934 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
The board
« on June 04, 2018, 10:02:25 pm by the vicar »
Now what for our hallowed board the people that could not do anything  wrong, a strong budget they say , well we have just been sold down the river in my book they said 7200 was a break even last season but it was a lot better than that so we should get a better one than that , but we lose a manager because they want to do it the cheap way.  Now they show there true colours and they say they want to be firmly in the championship in 5 years lies lies lies. They have got us to pree buy season tickets with that promise then they go the  shit budget WELL there we go
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:26:14 pm by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Re: The board
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2018, 10:05:10 pm by coventryrover »
Melodramatic.   Have got all the facta before blaming the board?  Nope..thought not.

Looking forward to all those investors coming in

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2018, 10:06:54 pm by Rovers91 »
Don't cry mate.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Fair point to make and one you'd expect the vicar to make tbf.

But it's speculation either way.  May be true but equally not. None of us know.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2018, 10:08:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
Melodramatic.   Have got all the facta before blaming the board?  Nope..thought not.

The Rose coloured facts?? Will appear from the supporters board posters who will tell us all not to worry.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 04, 2018, 10:09:34 pm by since-1969 »
It’s never been about the fans , as ever since  JRs departure the remaining board had chocsen not offer statements until it has something to say . So we can expect our per annual few words very soon .

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 04, 2018, 10:09:57 pm by donnygeoff »
Ever the optimist

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 04, 2018, 10:10:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It’s never been about the fans , as ever since  JRs departure the remaining board had chocsen not offer statements until it has something to say . So we can expect our per annual few words very soon .

Nothing wrong with that though.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 04, 2018, 10:11:41 pm by podrover73 »
Vicar, give it a day or two then comment

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2018, 10:11:54 pm by RedJ »

Nothing wrong with that though.
The fact that it isn't John Ryan is exactly what is wrong, to some of our supporters. It has been since the day he stood down.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 04, 2018, 10:23:54 pm by coventryrover »
We are not real Madrid, Leeds or even Barnsley when it comes to budget. 

Given our board and attendance we have to work with what we have unless new investors come in.

I live in Cov and my god, they have it tough with SISU.

We have a forward thinking small club with a good board.   Yes they are not throwing money at it...how long would that last before they have to walk away?

Some people need to get a grip.   

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 04, 2018, 10:33:06 pm by the vicar »
Rose tinted glasses comment

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 04, 2018, 10:34:15 pm by bobbymax »
Now what for our hallowed board the people that could not do anything  wrong, a strong budget they say , well we have just been sold down the river in my book they said 7200 was a break even last season but it was a lot better than that so we should get a better one than that , but we lose a manager because they want to do it the cheap way.  Now they show there true colours and they say they want to be firmly in the championship in 5 years lies lies lies. They have got us to pree buy season tickets with that promise then they go the  shit budget WELL there we go
Objection your honour - speculation!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 04, 2018, 10:35:42 pm by coventryrover »
nowt wrong with sight correction...now how do we retrain your brain?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 04, 2018, 10:39:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can't believe grown men who should know better can't resist a good old knee jerk of the highest order!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 04, 2018, 10:40:17 pm by RedJ »
Get yersens off to bed and have a good five knuckle shuffle, that'll calm you and put you out like a candle.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 04, 2018, 10:40:53 pm by silent majority »

The Rose coloured facts?? Will appear from the supporters board posters who will tell us all not to worry.

What is there to worry about? Most people were unhappy with DF as a Manager.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 04, 2018, 10:48:19 pm by the vicar »
Objection your honour - speculation!
what speculation that the board are shit, then no fact for the reasons I opened with

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 04, 2018, 10:51:00 pm by the vicar »
nothing wrong with my brain, there goes you big brave man sat behind a computer slaging people off

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 04, 2018, 10:53:58 pm by steve@dcfd »

We know the supporters board only support the board and come out in force to do that . Yet have never supported the manager.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 04, 2018, 10:57:52 pm by dickos1 »

Not sure where you get most supporters from?

Anyhow that’s not the issue I’m not overly bothered Ferguson has left I’m more concerned with what happens now.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 04, 2018, 10:59:22 pm by Draytonian III »
Managers in the past have resigned quoting “ budget this,budget that “ then pop up like Lazaruss at another club within a fortnight. Of they never get tapped up,it all comes as a complete shock to them when they are approached.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 04, 2018, 11:01:28 pm by DearneValleyRover »

We know the supporters board only support the board and come out in force to do that . Yet have never supported the manager.

Do we? Just shows how little you know, for my part I’ve aired my displeasure at some decisions, made at the board not on a forum by the way. In respect to Fergie I’m waiting to see what happens before making a knee jerk reaction, it could be a crap budget or they just didn’t trust him with a budget. I don’t know and neither do you, let’s see who gets the job and who gets signed

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 04, 2018, 11:13:25 pm by silent majority »

The supporters board are not there to support the club board, or the manager. Their principle role is to question the club on its approach and governance.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 04, 2018, 11:15:03 pm by since-1969 »
I think the club needed a well connected manager with a good profile and DF was a sensible choice . He wasn’t like others around and I think the board bought into his manner and demeanour  . He was if nothing else DF , Profesional and believed in high standards as did O’Driscoll who was another and to this day still our single most successful manager . I hope they find a person with similar attributes to both and who can put the club on a promotion footing . 

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 04, 2018, 11:19:34 pm by LincsRover »
Maybe the board withheld the budget for a reason? Just saying! 😱. Not too sad about fergie leaving but, as has been said already, what we do next is the big thing - feeling optimistic at the moment - Tisdale in!!  :clapping:

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 04, 2018, 11:25:05 pm by Lifelong supporter »

And where is the evidence for that?
Every time there was a poll on here on whether to sack or back most people were actually in favour of keeping him.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 04, 2018, 11:28:10 pm by coventryrover »
nothing wrong with my brain, there goes you big brave man sat behind a computer slaging people off
not slagging anyone off...just worry about your mental state

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 04, 2018, 11:33:07 pm by pib »
Strange isn't it, how there's probably more consensus on here about this issue than there has been about any other bit of club news in the past 7 or 8 years, and people are still at loggerheads  :lol:

Might be a long shot but it would be great to have the next appointment unite the fanbase.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 04, 2018, 11:35:34 pm by silent majority »

And where is the evidence for that?
Every time there was a poll on here on whether to sack or back most people were actually in favour of keeping him.

There isn't any. Nor is there any evidence for the opposite viewpoint. But in my opinion, and the people I speak to regularly they'd had enough of his boring brand of football.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012