Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:50:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board  (Read 11927 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: The board
« Reply #30 on June 04, 2018, 11:36:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
Maybe the board withheld the budget for a reason? Just saying! 😱. Not too sad about fergie leaving but, as has been said already, what we do next is the big thing - feeling optimistic at the moment - Tisdale in!!  :clapping:

You mean the manager who led his side to the league two playoff final in the last two season and failed. Is he good enough promotion on his CV where.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 04, 2018, 11:42:03 pm by dickos1 »
Strange isn't it, how there's probably more consensus on here about this issue than there has been about any other bit of club news in the past 7 or 8 years, and people are still at loggerheads  :lol:

Might be a long shot but it would be great to have the next appointment unite the fanbase.

Will never happen,
One thing is for sure whoever the new manager is , within 6 months we will have the same people on here wanting him sacked

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 04, 2018, 11:51:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
since  JRs departure the remaining board had chocsen not offer statements until it has something to say .

Aye. I think we're missing that essential quality of making statements when there's nowt to say.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 04, 2018, 11:57:38 pm by LincsRover »
Maybe the board withheld the budget for a reason? Just saying! 😱. Not too sad about fergie leaving but, as has been said already, what we do next is the big thing - feeling optimistic at the moment - Tisdale in!!  :clapping:

You mean the manager who led his side to the league two playoff final in the last two season and failed. Is he good enough promotion on his CV where.

Yes, over achieved with a side with a small budget - twice! Ok, lost in both finals but had no right to be there with a team that really should be in the national league or struggling at the bottom of L2. Been there a long time too, so looking for a new challenge? Whoever it is I'll support them but I have an opinion and, right or wrong, that is mine.
 :P

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 05, 2018, 12:03:12 am by the vicar »
As I said BI
Rose tinted glasses comment
nowt wrong with sight correction...now how do we retrain your brain?
nothing wrong with my brain, there goes you big brave man sat behind a computer slaging people off
not slagging anyone off...just worry about your mental state
BIG BRAVE BOY something wrong with my brain cos I don't trust the board or there band of brothers on the supporters board

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 05, 2018, 12:08:04 am by Donny Exile in York »
We've just lost a manager who smashed league two with for us a miracle.. lots of goals.. And 4 players in double figures including one striker smashing a 20 goal a season hoodoo which stood for 40 years..  And we talk about negative boring football or Tidsdale.. we had a better manager and if things didn't progress last season it's cos he had a limited budget which he has just said enough is enough.. the likes of Williams has just freed up wages.. we're we going to get a proven striker in to support Marquis.. If Marquis got injured last season we'd have been up the preverbial without a paddle and Fergie pushed the Board for more than tier 8 signings like May and Beestin..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 05, 2018, 12:28:02 am by RoversAlias »
Paul Tisdale is never coming here. He seemed lined up for the MK Dons and as far as I can tell stays in the south for all his jobs. By the way, he took  Exeter from the Conference to League One so he definitely has promotions on his CV. But I highly doubt he'll be anywhere near the Rovers job.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 05, 2018, 12:39:49 am by steve@dcfd »
Paul Tisdale is never coming here. He seemed lined up for the MK Dons and as far as I can tell stays in the south for all his jobs. By the way, he took  Exeter from the Conference to League One so he definitely has promotions on his CV. But I highly doubt he'll be anywhere near the Rovers job.
But he hasn’t got a side out of league 1 to the Championship we need a manager who knows what’s required to achieve that goal.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 05, 2018, 01:05:29 am by Michael Shaw »
The simple fact is that Fergie has gone and I have no doubt he will find another club easy enough. In the meantime we have no manager and little chance of getting early good signings for next season while we sort out a new manager. Not the start to a competitive season we would want. He has already said he is leaving because of the board and if not budgetary constraints then how about someone saying what the reason is instead of all this speculation.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 05, 2018, 01:22:29 am by since-1969 »
But he hasn’t got a side out of league 1 to the Championship we need a manager who knows what’s required to achieve that goal.
The board don’t want Championship football the club can’t afford the wage increase.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 05, 2018, 01:26:04 am by BillyStubbsTears »

So we don’t want a manger who has never got a side promoted to Tier 2 then?

Like...errr...Sean O’Driscoll c.2006?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 05, 2018, 01:30:52 am by silent majority »
The board don’t want Championship football the club can’t afford the wage increase.

So the increase in solidarity payments and TV funds don't cover that increase? I think you'll find that's more than enough.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 05, 2018, 05:21:29 am by PDX_Rover »
Melodramatic.   Have got all the facta before blaming the board?  Nope..thought not.

Looking forward to all those investors coming in

The Rose coloured facts?? Will appear from the supporters board posters who will tell us all not to worry.

What is there to worry about? Most people were unhappy with DF as a Manager.

And where is the evidence for that?
Every time there was a poll on here on whether to sack or back most people were actually in favour of keeping him.

You only to go back to the last 5-10 games and the discontent amongst supporters was pretty evident. I don’t think anybody thought he was a bad manager, just unable to maintain his performance over a whole season. A bit ‘meh’ when all is said and done...

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 05, 2018, 07:09:31 am by colincramb »

Forget the championship! Anything better than survival next season i’ll Take right now. Not sure this was in the ‘5 year plan’.

Big set back this. The uncertainty it brings to all aspects of the club surely isn’t good

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 05, 2018, 07:13:49 am by Cantley Rover »
What we need is a CLEAR statement today from the CEO giving us the truth as to why DF is no longer at the club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 05, 2018, 07:15:48 am by dickos1 »

Ferguson had experience of that,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 05, 2018, 07:17:09 am by dickos1 »
What we need is a CLEAR statement today from the CEO giving us the truth as to why DF is no longer at the club.

Exactly, Ferguson has clearly stated he resigned because he felt he had no alternative.
Martin has suggested Ferguson is telling lies, so the board need to tell us their side of the story

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 05, 2018, 07:19:41 am by Bezza »
lets see where Fergie is in a couple of weeks, maybe he wanted out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 05, 2018, 07:21:39 am by dickos1 »
He might start looking for jobs now, it doesn’t necessarily mean that’s why he left.
The board need to come out today and give a statement that answers all the unanswered questions

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 05, 2018, 07:31:29 am by GazLaz »

Exactly, Ferguson has clearly stated he resigned because he felt he had no alternative.
Martin has suggested Ferguson is telling lies, so the board need to tell us their side of the story

The board will tell Martin the rhetoric they want to be portrayed to the fans. The wouldn’t portray a negative outlook under any circumstances would they. It would be too damaging to the club in regards to ST sales and potential sponsorship/revenue.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 05, 2018, 07:58:49 am by Cantley Rover »

The board will tell Martin the rhetoric they want to be portrayed to the fans. The wouldn’t portray a negative outlook under any circumstances would they. It would be too damaging to the club in regards to ST sales and potential sponsorship/revenue.

I thought Martin represented the fans... Not the board?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 05, 2018, 08:07:39 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just exactly what do you expect the board to say? They won't wash dirty linen in public that's for sure.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 05, 2018, 08:20:18 am by Filo »
Just exactly what do you expect the board to say? They won't wash dirty linen in public that's for sure.

The fact that this news was released by the LMA suggests that it was totally unexpected, if it was Fergie has shown a lack of respect to the club, the LMA usually release a statement after the event. I expect the club to release a statement asap regarding the lead up to this and possibly condeming Fergie for running to the LMA rather than them both releasing a joint statement. The club stood by him when we got relegated and more recently when Sir Alex had his brain bleed and it appears he has just shit on the club

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 05, 2018, 08:20:49 am by dickos1 »
Whether he resigned or not

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 05, 2018, 08:21:32 am by dickos1 »

The fact that this news was released by the LMA suggests that it was totally unexpected, if it was Fergie has shown a lack of respect to the club, the LMA usually release a statement after the event. I expect the club to release a statement asap regarding the lead up to this and possibly condeming Fergie for running to the LMA rather than them both releasing a joint statement. The club stood by him when we got relegated and more recently when Sir Alex had his brain bleed and it appears he has just shit on the club

That’s not how it currently appears to me

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 05, 2018, 08:22:59 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There could be a billion reasons why he thinks this though couldn't there? Ranging from lack of funds to unrealistic demands to wanting to speak to another club or the board not having full confidence in him.

Many managers have had issues with budgets before. Sod was vocal on thst point but got on with it. My gut is that isn't the issue.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 05, 2018, 08:24:54 am by Canadian Rover »
We've just lost a manager who smashed league two with for us a miracle..

We finished 3rd. Hardly smashed the league.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 05, 2018, 08:26:36 am by dickos1 »
We achieved probably the most comfortable promotion in our history

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 05, 2018, 08:27:01 am by DonnyOsmond »
We've just lost a manager who smashed league two with for us a miracle..

We finished 3rd. Hardly smashed the league.

Good job getting promoted straight after relegation though. Some teams stay down for years.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 05, 2018, 08:31:40 am by since-1969 »
He might start looking for jobs now, it doesn’t necessarily mean that’s why he left.
The board need to come out today and give a statement that answers all the unanswered questions
Not likely to happen . There is little to gained by exposing riffs or disputes , only the  best interests of the club are what’s important now and the new man gets a clean sheet and a fit squad to work with.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012