Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:55:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board  (Read 11928 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: The board
« Reply #60 on June 05, 2018, 08:33:52 am by silent majority »
What we need is a CLEAR statement today from the CEO giving us the truth as to why DF is no longer at the club.

Exactly, Ferguson has clearly stated he resigned because he felt he had no alternative.
Martin has suggested Ferguson is telling lies, so the board need to tell us their side of the story

Where have I suggested he's lying?  You, along with others, keep intimating that there's something wrong or rotten inside the club, I'm assuring you that is not the case.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 05, 2018, 08:34:15 am by Cantley Rover »
We achieved probably the most comfortable promotion in our history

We should never have been in league 2 you  cretin

And had there been a few more games to play we probably would still be in league2!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 05, 2018, 08:39:06 am by silent majority »
What we need is a CLEAR statement today from the CEO giving us the truth as to why DF is no longer at the club.

Exactly, Ferguson has clearly stated he resigned because he felt he had no alternative.
Martin has suggested Ferguson is telling lies, so the board need to tell us their side of the story

The board will tell Martin the rhetoric they want to be portrayed to the fans. The wouldn’t portray a negative outlook under any circumstances would they. It would be too damaging to the club in regards to ST sales and potential sponsorship/revenue.

That's just rubbish. The inference is that I'm speaking on behalf of the board which is totally untrue. I question their motives just like anybody else, I ask the questions that most fans want to ask, and then I will speak from a position of knowledge and not rumour and Chinese whispers.

I can't believe I'm even having to write that!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 05, 2018, 08:41:09 am by silent majority »
There could be a billion reasons why he thinks this though couldn't there? Ranging from lack of funds to unrealistic demands to wanting to speak to another club or the board not having full confidence in him.

Many managers have had issues with budgets before. Sod was vocal on thst point but got on with it. My gut is that isn't the issue.

I would trust your gut Andy.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 05, 2018, 08:41:41 am by dickos1 »

Where have I suggested he's lying?  You, along with others, keep intimating that there's something wrong or rotten inside the club, I'm assuring you that is not the case.

Because he’s saying he resigned but you’re implying he was pushed

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 05, 2018, 08:59:18 am by silent majority »

So I haven't said he's lying then!

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 05, 2018, 09:03:23 am by CrippyCooke »

That gives the impression Ferguson would have been sacked had he not resigned.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 05, 2018, 09:05:14 am by dickos1 »

Well if you’re saying he was pushed but he’s saying he resigned then yes he must be lying

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 05, 2018, 09:09:07 am by Cantley Rover »

Why not just post what you actually mean and instead its not always inuendo?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 05, 2018, 09:13:39 am by GazLaz »

Why not just post what you actually mean and instead its not always inuendo?

It’s always the same with Martin. Implication then denial when questioned.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 05, 2018, 09:29:34 am by silent majority »

Well if you’re saying he was pushed but he’s saying he resigned then yes he must be lying

I habvn't said he was pushed, stop putting words into my mouth.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 05, 2018, 09:30:41 am by GazLaz »

You were implying things were made difficult for him because the board didn’t trust him. That’s at least a slight push!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 05, 2018, 09:33:59 am by silent majority »

You were implying things were made difficult for him because the board didn’t trust him. That’s at least a slight push!

I didn't imply that either, that's your interpretation.

What I have said quite clearly, is that the board were disappointed with our finishing position and that the budget hasn't been cut. Everybody else has jumped onto the budget scenario.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 05, 2018, 09:39:49 am by drfc1951 »
No point in the board making any statement as they will be called liars anyway by certain people on here.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 05, 2018, 09:40:40 am by Cantley Rover »

What I have said quite clearly, is that the board were disappointed with our finishing position and that the budget hasn't been cut. Everybody else has jumped onto the budget scenario.

That is the first time you have actually said that the board were disappointed with our finishing position.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 05, 2018, 09:54:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »

No-one should speak for DF except DF. If DF wants to tell us the reasons, it's up to him, not someone else to try and read his mind.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 05, 2018, 10:00:14 am by wing commander »
    I think that's one of the reasons people question the budget and what we are told..On one hand you have Feguson and Strachan saying that we finished were we expected to this season,then on the other hand we are told that the board were disappointed with the finishing position..Different hymm sheets...
    Whilst personally I don't believe the budget is the reason that DF has gone,i cant blame anyone for thinking it is..Fans can only go on what we they read and hear..DF left nobody in any doubt that he wasn't happy with the length of time or the muted budget he had to work with and then he has resigned..Until told otherwise by the club that's the logical reason fans will jump to..

My own personal opinion based on no knowledge whatsoever is that the board were split on whether Ferguson was the man for the job anyway,and once Fergie had a pop at them in the press even his supporters would have been annoyed that after the loyalty they showed him in the past when other clubs would have sacked him,he would do that,it caused unrest with the fans and undermined the board before we even started looking at next season...
    So there stance toughened on one or two things Fergie was hoping to do and he realised he had lost there confidence and quit....

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 05, 2018, 10:04:55 am by Rovers Return »

That is the first time you have actually said that the board were disappointed with our finishing position.

Well if they weren’t they are the only ones! I was well pissed off with our position and certainly our performances. I’d be fuming if it was my millions. Good riddance onwards and upwards!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 05, 2018, 10:09:55 am by Cantley Rover »

No-one should speak for DF except DF. If DF wants to tell us the reasons, it's up to him, not someone else to try and read his mind.
So are you saying that the club has played no part in DF's decision to resign? Strange that he says differently. I presume you want the club to say nothing and leave us mushrooms in the dark?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 05, 2018, 10:12:46 am by dickos1 »

Sorry Martin but Gavin Baldwin didn’t portray that disappointment
Described looking back at the season with pride and optimism
 "As we look back on the 2017/18 season, we can do so with a sense of pride and optimism. Everyone connected with the club wants us to be challenging in the higher reaches of the table, but the progression of the team and club is evident. This has ultimately been a season of consolidation, but it has had some really high moments and there are some solid foundations for us to build from over the summer and into next season. We have a young and talented squad, all of whom have plenty of scope for further development. We can be content with how this season has gone, but it is something everyone is looking to improve upon for next season."

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 05, 2018, 10:43:49 am by drfchound »
 :pinch:

So are you saying that the club has played no part in DF's decision to resign? Strange that he says differently. I presume you want the club to say nothing and leave us mushrooms in the dark?

It isn’t strange to me that a DF is saying differently ( if that turns out to be the case).

I have known plenty of people in my working life who were levered out of a job by having things made difficult for them and then hearing that person giving a different version of events to people in an attempt to save face.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 05, 2018, 10:47:22 am by Cantley Rover »
:pinch:

It isn’t strange to me that a DF is saying differently ( if that turns out to be the case).

I have known plenty of people in my working life who were levered out of a job by having things made difficult for them and then hearing that person giving a different version of events to people in an attempt to save face.

I think you are slightly missing my point hound. I was replying to Glyn Wigley who inferred that the club didn't need to make a statement.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 05, 2018, 10:49:22 am by drfchound »
No problem, I was putting my point in to say that I am not surprised if DF tells a different story to the club.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 05, 2018, 10:51:13 am by Cantley Rover »
No problem, I was putting my point in to say that I am not surprised if DF tells a different story to the club.

Well so far we have only had one side to the story.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 05, 2018, 10:51:38 am by dickos1 »
The club haven’t told their story yet though

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 05, 2018, 10:57:12 am by drfchound »
Correct and there are plenty of people jumping to conclusions before knowing the other story.

The truth will probably be somewhere between the two versions by the way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 05, 2018, 11:00:51 am by Filo »
The club haven’t told their story yet though

Which is surprising to be honest, I would have thought they would have got somthing out first thing given DF made it look like it was the boards fault

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 05, 2018, 11:11:15 am by dickos1 »
Which makes you think, maybe it is

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on June 05, 2018, 11:13:50 am by Rovers Return »
Has anybody had the conversation with a girlfriend and she tells you it isn't working and she doesn't trust you ( rumours you've been seeing that bitch from Milton Keynes) and she doesn't know how she feels about you. She is probably going to dump you but you got to the pub first and decided to tell everybody that you dumped her first?

Those that don't really know you and think you're a great guy and it's all her fault. The more cautious ones think mmmmm... You don't know what goes on behind closed doors and reserve judgement.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 05, 2018, 11:14:44 am by GazLaz »
The board will have said they want to be challenging at the top of the table and Fergie will have said he will need more money if they want this to be the case. They said no and he jacked. That will be the story.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012