Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:52:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Russ Wilcox  (Read 6348 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Russ Wilcox
« Reply #30 on June 05, 2018, 09:27:37 pm by Filo »
Gavin Strachan will be on his way as soon as Fergie lands another job. However it makes sense for now to let him stay in post and not have to pay him compo.

Or get compo from the other club if he goes

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 05, 2018, 09:31:37 pm by since-1969 »
Why should they pay him compo ? He should be offord the job and let him pick his own man.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 05, 2018, 09:36:24 pm by dickos1 »
  I would have thought that his present position with the club would be a reason for him to take the reigns temporarily.
  It is a critical time of the year for attracting new players, and at least he is the person who knows where we are in that regard.
  He also has a little experience as a manager at other clubs so is experienced of being in charge. Could he be a long term target, or even interested in taking charge?
   If Fergie does get another club, it will be interesting what happens with the backroom staff. They have been part of the off field revolution that has been a success, will Strachan  up sticks? would he take the reigns? if nothing else it is interesting times.
   It is never dull at this club.

It was under Fergie
Id be surprised if Wilcox stayed.
He and Ferguson had a list of players they wanted to attempt to sign in January but were told by the board they couldn’t sign them.

Is this factual?

Yes

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 05, 2018, 10:07:05 pm by silent majority »
  I would have thought that his present position with the club would be a reason for him to take the reigns temporarily.
  It is a critical time of the year for attracting new players, and at least he is the person who knows where we are in that regard.
  He also has a little experience as a manager at other clubs so is experienced of being in charge. Could he be a long term target, or even interested in taking charge?
   If Fergie does get another club, it will be interesting what happens with the backroom staff. They have been part of the off field revolution that has been a success, will Strachan  up sticks? would he take the reigns? if nothing else it is interesting times.
   It is never dull at this club.

It was under Fergie
Id be surprised if Wilcox stayed.
He and Ferguson had a list of players they wanted to attempt to sign in January but were told by the board they couldn’t sign them.

Is this factual?

Yes

No.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 05, 2018, 11:32:10 pm by dickos1 »
Not arguing about it,
But I know someone who works within the squad and speaks with the management and players on a daily basis.
And know for a fact that they had a list of players they wanted to sign and were told they couldn’t pursue them.

I know very little about what goes off inside the club but you seem to get very annoyed if anybody suggests that they know something,

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 05, 2018, 11:47:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Not arguing about it,
But I know someone who works within the squad and speaks with the management and players on a daily basis.
And know for a fact that they had a list of players they wanted to sign and were told they couldn’t pursue them.

I know very little about what goes off inside the club but you seem to get very annoyed if anybody suggests that they know something,

He just said no.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 05, 2018, 11:48:18 pm by RoversAlias »
You know it for a fact then because someone told you? So it's second hand information already.

You might well be right but it's hardly a fact is it based on that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 06, 2018, 05:31:10 am by GazLaz »
You know it for a fact then because someone told you? So it's second hand information already.

It all depends how much you trust the person that’s telling you. I’m sure they have no reason to lie.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 06, 2018, 06:37:12 am by dickos1 »
Not arguing about it,

He just said no.

He did yes, but I’ve had private messages before and been told I’m spouting more rubbish.
If people knew who it was that had told me then they wouldn’t be questioning it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 06, 2018, 09:13:22 am by RedJ »
Was it Darren Ferguson? :laugh:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 06, 2018, 02:37:58 pm by RoversAlias »

It all depends how much you trust the person that’s telling you. I’m sure they have no reason to lie.

This is true. And I'm not necessarily doubting Dickos per sé, but I don't see it as a fact unless it's verified and at this point it's all second hand information, on both sides. The person who told Dickos says it is the case and the person that told Martin says it isn't.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 06, 2018, 03:22:27 pm by dickos1 »
It’s a fact from my point of view, but then I suppose it’s upto anyone else if they want to believe me.
The person I know, used to speak daily with Ferguson, his staff and the players

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 06, 2018, 04:04:27 pm by silent majority »

Its well known that Gavin and I speak on a regular basis. I think that what we discuss has always been born out to be true. That's when it becomes a fact.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 06, 2018, 04:43:39 pm by dickos1 »

Its well known that Gavin and I speak on a regular basis. I think that what we discuss has always been born out to be true. That's when it becomes a fact.

I’ve never suggested otherwise,

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 06, 2018, 04:59:14 pm by PDX_Rover »
It could be that Fergie asked for a ridiculous amount to sign x, y and z player, in which case the board was well within their rights to say no. It's all speculation without having seen the list of players, right?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 06, 2018, 05:05:41 pm by dickos1 »
Ferguson won’t have asked for any money it’s his job to identify the players and then the chief executive sorts out the financial side of it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012