Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:01:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergies Contract  (Read 3205 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Fergies Contract
« on June 05, 2018, 09:06:35 am by Filo »
As I undestand it Fergie was on a one year rolling contract, meaning in theory if the club wanted to get rid without paying his contract up they had to give him one years notice. Likewise if Fergie wanted to leave on the same conditions he would be required to give one years notice. Now I'm no expert in contract law but the way I see it is if Fergie ends up at another club in the near future we should be due one years salary from either the club that employs him or from Fergie himself by buying out his contract, otherwise he should not be allowed to work elsewhere for one year

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Fergies Contract
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2018, 09:08:58 am by dickos1 »
If a manager gets sacked then they get paid out, I’m not sure the same reasoning applies if a manger resigns. No manager will give a years notice.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2018, 09:09:58 am by GazLaz »
The contract will just be terminated. Can’t habe a man in charge that doesn’t want to be here.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2018, 09:10:47 am by Cantley Rover »
We all know that contracts mean jack shit where football is concerned.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2018, 09:11:38 am by steve@dcfd »
Theory if the club don’t want to pay his one year contract when sacking him. Then they make it hard so he decides to resign and then they don’t have to pay.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2018, 09:14:41 am by Filo »

They inly mean jack shit if no one pursues it, if Fergie has resigned to take another job, he's done it to avoid the other club paying compo, and if that is the case then he's also been tapped up illegally. I suspect he has another job lined up

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2018, 09:18:27 am by Cantley Rover »

They inly mean jack shit if no one pursues it, if Fergie has resigned to take another job, he's done it to avoid the other club paying compo, and if that is the case then he's also been tapped up illegally. I suspect he has another job lined up

Somethings things move very quickly in football. Personally I doubt he has got another job lined up. But if he does get one quite soon then we will probably never know if that was the reason he resigned.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2018, 09:19:02 am by dickos1 »
Not sure how you’re seeing it like that

The two conclusions I can see are he didn’t like what the board were saying budget wise so he’s left or as Martin is suggesting the board felt he didn’t do well enough last year so was pushed

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2018, 09:24:57 am by Chris Black come back »
Dickos I think you are almost on the money in that it sits between the two - they didn’t see him as being sufficiently successful to be dictating in such a way via local media about what he thought was an acceptable budget.

It is a constant dance between manager and Board (the David Peace book Damned United is good if fictional account of how Clough was always engaged in this warfare) and Ferguson overstepped mark without have credit in bank. So it was “agreed” he would leave.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2018, 09:27:03 am by drfchound »
There are always two sides to every story.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2018, 09:51:12 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Likewise if Fergie wanted to leave on the same conditions he would be required to give one years notice.

No he wouldn't. The rolling contract would say how much notice he should give. It certainly wouldn't be a year.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2018, 10:01:19 am by since-1969 »
As I undestand it Fergie was on a one year rolling contract, meaning in theory if the club wanted to get rid without paying his contract up they had to give him one years notice. Likewise if Fergie wanted to leave on the same conditions he would be required to give one years notice. Now I'm no expert in contract law but the way I see it is if Fergie ends up at another club in the near future we should be due one years salary from either the club that employs him or from Fergie himself by buying out his contract, otherwise he should not be allowed to work elsewhere for one year
He resigned . His position was perhaps made untenable with so called budgetary constraints , perhaps deliberately to help him make the this decision.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2018, 10:05:09 am by Cantley Rover »
There are always two sides to every story.

Unfortunately we are only getting one side to this story though.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2018, 10:08:50 am by ravenrover »
Which manager in their right mind walks away from a club without a payoff ie sacked? unless he resigns without a payoff with another "BETTER" job lined up
It will be interesting to see and hear what comes out over the next few days. People jumping on the idea that it is all down to budget could be well wide of the mark

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2018, 10:09:03 am by sedwardsdrfc »
If your DF and money is good so you don't have to worry about clinging onto compo money resigning before been pushed makes it much easier to find a new job reputation wise

not saying this is whats happened its just something to consider as it seems the boards weren't best pleased with him. however that equally could just be noise trying to make the situation look better than it is...

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2018, 10:10:19 am by donny dave »
I think he jumped before being pushed.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 05, 2018, 10:12:17 am by pib »
I wonder whether his conduct after the Plymouth game affected his relationship with the board?

As professional business people, I can't imagine they'd have looked too fondly on the way he represented the club with his comments about referees.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 05, 2018, 10:15:24 am by Filo »
I wonder whether his conduct after the Plymouth game affected his relationship with the board?

As professional business people, I can't imagine they'd have looked too fondly on the way he represented the club with his comments about referees.

Or the game where he threw to towell in with 20 mins to go and just sat in the dugout sulking

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 05, 2018, 10:24:09 am by Mustapha-Dump »
If a manager gets sacked then they get paid out, I’m not sure the same reasoning applies if a manger resigns. No manager will give a years notice.

Apart from Tisdale of course who has just done exactly that

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 05, 2018, 11:09:48 am by dickos1 »
Tisdale has given a years notice?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 05, 2018, 11:37:42 am by RedJ »

Apart from Tisdale of course who has just done exactly that

He was given his notice by the fans, not the other way around. They couldn't afford to pay him off.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 05, 2018, 06:02:18 pm by rich1471 »
Tisdale has given a years notice?
he was on a two year rolling contact which he got served and just ended

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 05, 2018, 07:54:43 pm by dickos1 »
A two year rolling contract just means he always has two years of his contract left.
If his contract ended this summer then it won’t have been a rolling one

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 05, 2018, 09:01:30 pm by Cantley Rover »
It amazes me how many people on this forum have no idea what a rolling contract means.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 05, 2018, 09:07:38 pm by rich1471 »
He had a 2 year rolling contract , he was given his 2 years notice at the end of the 2016 season as the trust that runs Exeter through it was too long a contact that why he left at the end of the season as he could not agree a new deal with them , had nothing to do with missing out on promotion , and I do understand what a following contract is

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 05, 2018, 09:11:32 pm by RedJ »
It amazes me how many people on this forum have no idea what a rolling contract means.
Agreed, despite it being explained several times when Ferguson joined the club...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012