Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:30:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anyone else glad?  (Read 2821 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Anyone else glad?
« on June 05, 2018, 09:34:42 am by Canadian Rover »
I didn't really want to see Ferguson sacked but my God the football he had us playing was very boring.

Personally I'm happy to see him leave; anybody else the same?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Anyone else glad?
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2018, 09:35:12 am by mushRTID »
Wouldn’t say I’m glad but I’m not that bothered.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2018, 09:37:09 am by Copps is Magic »
Im enthusiastic about the potential for seeing Rowe in a more natural position.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2018, 09:42:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wouldn’t say I’m glad but I’m not that bothered.

Exactly how I feel.

Im enthusiastic about the potential for seeing Rowe in a more natural position.

If he goes elsewhere Rowe won't be far behind him.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2018, 09:46:27 am by graingrover »
agreed and a few other team members like Mason , Houghton.Beestin and If he has a budget at MK Dons possibly our goalscorer who he developed too.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2018, 09:48:57 am by Copps is Magic »
You can't hold the club in such high esteem as a well run club as i know some of you posting on this thread do and then think we're going to sell our best players to MK Dons. There's an inherent contradiction there.

Rowe is contracted till next year and Marquis til 2020.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:52:14 am by Copps is Magic »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2018, 09:59:22 am by drfchound »
It doesn’t worry me that Ferguson has jumped ship either.
Contrary to what some posters have said, I have never said the club should sack him but I have expressed concern about his management style and stubbornness.
My pal Dickos and I have had a fair few discussions about DF and having read some of his comments following DF’s departure it seems that he is not too fussed that he is gone either.
Some of the football that we had to watch last season was awful and I am looking forwards now and hoping that we get a manager who gets more from the players we have got whilst bringing a few new faces in to bolster the team.
When DF came under fire last season, some fans were asking who we could get that would do better than him, well we won’t know until it happens will we.
If the new bloke has a good start all will be well and conversely, if we get a bad start then no doubt the Ferguson supporters group will tell us all “ I told you so”.

I am eagerly waiting to see who we get.

As for players leaving and following DF into his next club, we would get a transfer fee for the likes of Marquis, Mason and Rowe as they are under contract with us.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:16:37 am by drfchound »

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2018, 10:12:04 am by esdailles left foot »
Good riddance. 3 wasted years.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2018, 10:14:49 am by wing commander »
For me it never quite worked did it..When he was at Peterborough he was renowned for fast flowing attacking football with loads of goals..You score 3 and we will score 4 type of mentality..

We didn't see any of that,we were slow disjointed and players playing formations and positions they weren't used to..For me we got promoted out of league 2 because of the class of players we had who shouldn't have been relegated in the first place...

I've said numerous times last season that I wasn't enjoying the football we were playing that much,win or lose I wasn't been entertained.I'm not saying it was solely down to him as we had lots of injuries etc etc..However even when they lessened towards the end of the season,nothing much changed...

I know one thing wherever he ends up,if your a out and out full back or winger at that club,your days are numbered..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2018, 10:24:22 am by dickos1 »
Contrary to what some posters have said, I have never said the club should sack him but I have expressed concern about his management style and stubbornness.
My pal Dickos and I have had a fair few discussions about DF and having read some of his comments following DF’s departure it seems that he is not too fussed that he is gone either.
Some of the football that we had to watch last season was awful and I am looking forwards now and hoping that we get a manager who gets more from the players we have got whilst bringing a few new faces in to bolster the team.
When DF came under fire last season, some fans were asking who we could get that would do better than him, well we won’t know until it happens will we.
If the new bloke has a good start all will be well and conversely, if we get a bad start then no doubt the Ferguson supporters group will tell us all “ I told you so”.

As for players leaving and following DF into his next club, we would get a transfer fee for the likes of Marquis, Mason and Rowe as they are under contract with us.

To be honest I’m not that bothered, not because I don’t think he was doing a good job cause I thought he was but because I’m more concerned about which way we’re going to go now.
I am concerned we will cut our wage bill, I am concerned we won’t be signing the players we need.
Im not trying to say something is rotten in the club I’m just concerned they are now changing their emphasis to signing cheap youngsters in a hope they can develop them.
Which is ok but you need experienced players along side them, we have the basis of a very good side which is only Going to get better over the next few years.
Now if that is all going to be demolished because we can’t afford the wages now of a Rowe, a marquis, we are in trouble

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2018, 10:28:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
Doom-monger!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2018, 10:32:34 am by drfchound »

To be honest I’m not that bothered, not because I don’t think he was doing a good job cause I thought he was but because I’m more concerned about which way we’re going to go now.
I am concerned we will cut our wage bill, I am concerned we won’t be signing the players we need.
Im not trying to say something is rotten in the club I’m just concerned they are now changing their emphasis to signing cheap youngsters in a hope they can develop them.
Which is ok but you need experienced players along side them, we have the basis of a very good side which is only Going to get better over the next few years.
Now if that is all going to be demolished because we can’t afford the wages now of a Rowe, a marquis, we are in trouble

Our best players are in the main, under contract so we should have the basis of a good team for the coming season.
We do need three or four players to bolster what we have got but I don’t see much reason to be doubtful that we can get them.
There could be many reasons why DF and the club have parted but my own thoughts are that the board may have manoeuvred things so that DF did quit as they are not happy with what he has done or the way he has conducted himself given his alleged press comments and the quality of football that we have been served up.
My thoughts on DF’s time with us are that he has done ok but not great and to be honest, I am looking to the future in the hope that we get a manager who can get more out of the team than he did.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2018, 10:48:14 am by Arsenal Of The North »
At the end of the season I said I wouldn’t be upset if he left, and that still stands true, at times last season I was left baffled at team selection, formation selection and found my self really annoyed the team was changed every game, I don’t think there was a game last season where I thought we would win prior then kick off, or if I did we ended up losing, and that all stems from the managers team selection, there were good parts of the season but my god there were more bad parts, I just hope we get a good replacement and don’t take a backwards step. And similar to some others, I’d like a new manager probably to be given a chance as the good merry go round managers will be to expensive for us.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2018, 11:13:49 am by RedJ »
I'm just looking forward to seeing what the players can do in their actual positions. Matty Blair especially.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2018, 11:16:20 am by dickos1 »
And what if the new manager plays him where Ferguson played him, will he start getting slagged off straight away?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2018, 11:46:17 am by RoversAlias »

I understand these concerns Dickos but this post comes across a bit like a lot of the ones you have had to combat this past season or two.

Andy Giddings has stated our budget is increasing slightly rather than being cut so we can put that one to bed already. It's all about getting the right man in now and a solid recruitment process in place.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 05, 2018, 12:51:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Tbh I wouldn't be bothered if Rowe went with him. A player who seemed to switch on and off at will which was a symptom of many of our performances. OK, he may have been carrying an injury but he was one player who seemed to be immune from being dropped based on form.

I hope we can find someone who can make the sum of the parts better than the individuals.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 05, 2018, 01:08:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Tbh I wouldn't be bothered if Rowe went with him. A player who seemed to switch on and off at will which was a symptom of many of our performances. OK, he may have been carrying an injury but he was one player who seemed to be immune from being dropped based on form.

I hope we can find someone who can make the sum of the parts better than the individuals.
Agree with some of that but he scored 9 goals .three times more than Copps in the time he did switch on as you call it.
Second leading goal scorer behind Marquis.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 05, 2018, 01:17:57 pm by graingrover »
all lights have been switched off by this . It is incredible how the club talked of a five year plan the main thrust of which  was to develop youngsters !Who better to do that ? I would be amazed if our young players show more faith in Blunt than in DF.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 05, 2018, 01:19:46 pm by RedJ »
And what if the new manager plays him where Ferguson played him, will he start getting slagged off straight away?

For that particular decision, I would criticise him, yes. And if he chose to play Tommy Rowe as a full back.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 05, 2018, 01:20:11 pm by RedJ »
all lights have been switched off by this . It is incredible how the club talked of a five year plan the main thrust of which  was to develop youngsters !Who better to do that ? I would be amazed if our young players show more faith in Blunt than in DF.

Good thing Blunt won't be manager then, eh... :)

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 05, 2018, 01:25:22 pm by Bezza »
for me it will all depend who takes on the managers roll, we could move forward or  slide down hill, it usually takes time for a new manager to sort things out, and while other clubs are moving forward we are now stood still.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 05, 2018, 02:22:37 pm by dickos1 »

For that particular decision, I would criticise him, yes. And if he chose to play Tommy Rowe as a full back.

That would mean two professional football managers had decided to play him there yet you’d still believe you knew best?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 05, 2018, 03:46:15 pm by RedJ »

That would mean two professional football managers had decided to play him there yet you’d still believe you knew best?

I think more than just me can see that Matty Blair isn't a defender and I would be very surprised if another professional football manager thought he was a defender too.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 05, 2018, 05:17:27 pm by selby »
  Everything has a sell by date, and ours came to an end according to Fergie.
  I am not surprised that he cut the chord, he gave the impression it was about him, very self confident and dismissive of others opinions.
  His arrival came as a surprise, when Danny Wilson was supposed to be a shoe in, and had had the job offered.
  His success in his first year to get us relegated, from a top six position in the new year was one of the best displays of obstinacy I have ever seen at a football club, when sticking to a system that did not suit our players, and a Sunday League manager could have put right.
  Backed up in his second year by continually picking players who were  so out of form in the last six games, he plucked 3rd place from a seemingly unassailable top of the league position.
  He has had a few decent runs and wins, but he is far from being the best manager, or personality we have had.
   Good luck to the bloke wherever he ends up, but he will find it hard going to get the same backing, and patience the board he blames for his demise and the supporters gave him  elsewhere.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 05, 2018, 05:37:05 pm by RedJ »
Top ten, not top six. f**k me that would've been even more of a disaster, taking us from the playoff places to the bottom four.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012