Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:54:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The budget next season  (Read 24733 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: The budget next season
« Reply #120 on June 08, 2018, 02:09:36 pm by dickos1 »
We didn’t fail last season though,
Failure would have been relegation and we never looked like being relegated.
I think if this was Ferguson’s decision as were being led to believe them him leaving has nothing to do with where we finished last season
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:20:02 pm by dickos1 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 08, 2018, 02:18:51 pm by Cantley Rover »
At the end of the day let's all accept the facts. We are a league 1 club with directors whose personal wealth is probably in the region of half a billion pounds.
They are prepared to keep the club going with the least amount of finance that will enable us to remain in this division but not risk trying to get any higher.
So the result is we are a sustainable league 1 club. Let just accept that and get on with it. Forget championship football unless we acheive a fluke it aint going to happen.

That is completely unfounded, not a fact at all.

That is your opinion. I think otherwise.

You might have to look up what a fact actually is in that case.

Do you want to point out where I am wrong then and back it up with facts?

The bit in bold. Facts?  The fact they've already financed us into the Championship once already and paid to keep us there for four seasons.

Now then, where are your facts?

Still waiting for Cantley's 'facts'.

At the end of the day let's all accept the facts. We are a league 1 club with directors whose personal wealth is probably in the region of half a billion pounds.
They are prepared to keep the club going with the least amount of finance that will enable us to remain in this division but not risk trying to get any higher.
So the result is we are a sustainable league 1 club. Let just accept that and get on with it. Forget championship football unless we acheive a fluke it aint going to happen.

The bit in bold. Facts?  The fact they've already financed us into the Championship once already and paid to keep us there for four seasons.

Is it not a fact that our directors Net worth is approx half a billion pounds?
By donating £1m each season the directors are keeping us in league 1 or 2?
Are the directors prepared to risk going above that £1m per person per season to give the Manager more funds to try and achieve promotion?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on June 08, 2018, 02:39:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Are the directors prepared to risk going above that £1m per person per season to give the Manager more funds to try and achieve promotion?

[/quote]

Would you be happy with spending what Bury did last season then? With the same result?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:46:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on June 08, 2018, 02:42:40 pm by Cantley Rover »

But nothing about the bit in bold I was addressing? Any facts to back that up at all?
[/quote]

OK so maybe the use of the word facts wasn't 100% accurate but the sentiment is true.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on June 08, 2018, 02:43:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »

But they do? You might wanna read the accounts x

I guess we're still waiting on facts from Cantley.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on June 08, 2018, 02:46:11 pm by vaya »

But nothing about the bit in bold I was addressing? Any facts to back that up at all?

OK so maybe the use of the word facts wasn't 100% accurate but the sentiment is true.
[/quote]

'Alternative facts'

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 08, 2018, 02:48:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If you ran football clubs on sentiment everybody would get promoted and nobody would be relegated.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on June 08, 2018, 02:49:31 pm by Cantley Rover »

Do you remember the question being put to TB at the first meet the owners meeting after JR left?
From memory It was along the lines of "Will you be putting more money in?"
TB stated that the intention was to aim for a sustainable club operating at a level we are comfortable with. I believe that we have achieved that level.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 08, 2018, 02:50:29 pm by Cantley Rover »
If you ran football clubs on sentiment everybody would get promoted and nobody would be relegated.

Ha ha a comedian as well. You know exactly what I meant by the use of the word sentiment.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 08, 2018, 02:50:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Do you remember the question being put to TB at the first meet the owners meeting after JR left?
TB stated that the intention was to aim for a sustainable club operating at a level we are comfortable with. I believe that we have achieved that level.

What do you base that belief on, more sentiment?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on June 08, 2018, 02:52:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Ha ha a comedian as well. You know exactly what I meant by the use of the word sentiment.

I thought you meant it in the emotional sense.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on June 08, 2018, 02:54:47 pm by Cantley Rover »

Would you be happy with spending what Bury did last season then? With the same result?
[/quote]

I would be happy with spending what Rotherham did last season with the same result!!
Wouldn't you?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on June 08, 2018, 02:56:08 pm by Cantley Rover »

So he didn't say that then?

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on June 08, 2018, 02:56:33 pm by nortikorner »
Aston Villa have been served a winding up order by HMRC for non payment of tax. Is that the Managers fault?
Could well be for asking for more than the budget allows  Like some on here

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on June 08, 2018, 03:08:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Why are you trying to turn it to about what TB said when I'm questioning your belief that 'we have achieved that level' of sustainability? Unless TB has said that we've achieved that level of sustainability and I'm not aware of it...which is unlikely given that DRFC are still dependent on somebody (anybody, niot just the current board) chucking £2m at year at them to break even.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 08, 2018, 03:15:09 pm by Cantley Rover »

Why are you trying to turn it to about what TB said when I'm questioning your belief that 'we have achieved that level' of sustainability? Unless TB has said that we've achieved that level of sustainability and I'm not aware of it...which is unlikely given that DRFC are still dependent on somebody (anybody, niot just the current board) chucking £2m at year at them to break even.

I give in you have won. After a while of banging your head against a brick wall it begins to hurt.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on June 08, 2018, 03:16:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Gentlemen we all know the facts on the budget are not in the public domain.
We can see from companies house tha Doncaster Rovers Ltd and Club Doncaster ( the major Share holder) have very little Debt. We can see  on average that Club Doncaster cover the shortfall hence the owners putting money in to ensure DRFC is a well run club.

But we will never know what wages are hence budget because they are not published. There are a few who do see these figures on behalf of the VSC so they have more knowledge hence perceived more Power in the debate.

What we do know is that next season the manager who ever it may be will be tasked with a top six finish. He will need more quality players to achieve that goal. So funds available will hopefully allow the manager to achieve that goal. Only in hindsight will we know whether the funds will be  spent wisely. If we finish in the top six then it can be said the manager as achieve his goal. But things happen in football is not played on a spread sheet. Injuries bad ones can decimate a small squad. Then second string players will have to play more.  So we all hope the club can progress but debates will continue. Last season is behind us.

We consolidated in the league, we moved the club forward the CEO publicly in the press said we had a good season. Wanted to progress to an higher postion this season. We achieved 8000+ crowds on average higher than the 7000 base set. We all wanted to finish higher I have give my reason and opinions early in the thread why this was not achieved.

So we all must hope the right manager is selected he can sign the quality players we require, although the biggest part of the squad won’t be his players. But he must try and knit the squad together and the funds available are sufficient to achieve the goal of the directors, board members to progress the club to hopefully a play off place.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 08, 2018, 03:22:02 pm by vaya »
We can see from companies house tha Doncaster Rovers Ltd and Club Doncaster ( the major Share holder) have very little Debt. We can see  on average that Club Doncaster cover the shortfall hence the owners putting money in to ensure DRFC is a well run club.

But we will never know what wages are hence budget because they are not published. There are a few who do see these figures on behalf of the VSC so they have more knowledge hence perceived more Power in the debate.

What we do know is that next season the manager who ever it may be will be tasked with a top six finish. He will need more quality players to achieve that goal. So funds available will hopefully allow the manager to achieve that goal. Only in hindsight will we know whether the funds will be  spent wisely. If we finish in the top six then it can be said the manager as achieve his goal. But things happen in football is not played on a spread sheet. Injuries bad ones can decimate a small squad. Then second string players will have to play more.  So we all hope the club can progress but debates will continue. Last season is behind us.

We consolidated in the league, we moved the club forward the CEO publicly in the press said we had a good season. Wanted to progress to an higher postion this season. We achieved 8000+ crowds on average higher than the 7000 base set. We all wanted to finish higher I have give my reason and opinions early in the thread why this was not achieved.

So we all must hope the right manager is selected he can sign the quality players we require, although the biggest part of the squad won’t be his players. But he must try and knit the squad together and the funds available are sufficient to achieve the goal of the directors, board members to progress the club to hopefully a play off place.

Fair assessment Steve.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on June 08, 2018, 03:30:01 pm by drfchound »

I give in you have won. After a while of banging your head against a brick wall it begins to hurt.

Thank goodness for that.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on June 08, 2018, 03:38:56 pm by Jim Dobbin »

A well run club where the Director has to put in £2 million to balance the books every season?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on June 11, 2018, 02:16:08 am by Bentley Bullet »
How can it be well run if he has to put 2 million quid in to balance the books? With the knowledge of what money can be made by investing enough to reap the benefits of Championship (as promised), and, God forbid Premiership football, why not go the extra mile to attain it?

One season in the Premiership he can then get his money back and bugger off.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on June 11, 2018, 10:00:30 am by bobjimwilly »
Surely we all recognise there's no guarantee that chucking X million at the club there no guarantee of promotion, even to the Championship nevermind the Premier League?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on June 11, 2018, 10:05:04 am by Lifelong supporter »
You're right, there are no guarantees.
But if that X is intended as a Roman numeral it would help.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 11, 2018, 10:10:28 am by bobbymax »
So do we see last season as a failure or a success?
The current squad needs additions but not a major overhaul to be somewhere near the play-offs next season. It's about making the right signings and playing players where they are most effective, not the amount of money thrown at the squad. IMHO, there is enough talent and experience to be competitive with the right man in charge.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on June 11, 2018, 10:30:50 am by DonnyOsmond »

Thank goodness for that.

Nobody quote this please.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on June 11, 2018, 10:32:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
How can it be well run if he has to put 2 million quid in to balance the books? With the knowledge of what money can be made by investing enough to reap the benefits of Championship (as promised), and, God forbid Premiership football, why not go the extra mile to attain it?

Because if we invest and don't get the success then it's a waste of money. Look at Villas attempt at chucking money at the problem.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on June 11, 2018, 10:39:35 am by Bentley Bullet »

Because if we invest and don't get the success then it's a waste of money. Look at Villas attempt at chucking money at the problem.

......And they're still a league higher than us.

Look at Bournemouth's attempt at chucking money at the problem.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on June 11, 2018, 10:41:25 am by DonnyOsmond »

......And they're still a league higher than us.

Look at Bournemouth's attempt at chucking money at the problem.

And there will always be times where it's failed and left clubs in financial difficulty, despite some succeeding.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on June 11, 2018, 10:49:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
If our owners have to put 2 million quid in the pot to keep us afloat don't you think we're in financial difficulty already?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on June 11, 2018, 11:06:34 am by Cantley Rover »
If our owners have to put 2 million quid in the pot to keep us afloat don't you think we're in financial difficulty already?

This is what makes me laugh with some of the sustainable club comments on this forum. So the directors put in £2m a year to make the club sustainable. Wouldn't the club be even more sustainable if they put in £5m for example.
I will now sit back and wait for all the "Well you put the extra money in" comments.
Ambition? Huh.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012