Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:50:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Recruitment  (Read 1625 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Recruitment
« on June 05, 2018, 09:04:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Ok, I've thought long and hard about the events of the last 24 hours and the ramifications of it all, and have come up with.......f*ck all. I honestly have no more idea than anyone else as to what happened between Fergie and the board, or as to how ambitious our board is; it's the recruitment over the next few weeks of both manager and new players that will give us an idea of the board's ambitions, and whether they're going for genuine quality or cheap options.

Personally, I'd be delighted with Stuart McCall as manager; for me, he ticks all the boxes, but will we offer him sufficient terms? I would imagine there'll be some that will come a lot cheaper than him.

Regarding new players, there seems to be a general consensus on here that we need experience as well as quality, and that won't come cheap.

At the moment we're all playing a guessing game; we'll just have to be patient.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Recruitment
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2018, 09:06:54 pm by Filo »
Ok, I've thought long and hard about the events of the last 24 hours and the ramifications of it all, and have come up with.......f*ck all. I honestly have no more idea than anyone else as to what happened between Fergie and the board, or as to how ambitious our board is; it's the recruitment over the next few weeks of both manager and new players that will give us an idea of the board's ambitions, and whether they're going for genuine quality or cheap options.

Personally, I'd be delighted with Stuart McCall as manager; for me, he ticks all the boxes, but will we offer him sufficient terms? I would imagine there'll be some that will come a lot cheaper than him.

Regarding new players, there seems to be a general consensus on here that we need experience as well as quality, and that won't come cheap.

What kind of salary would you expect a good L1 manager to command?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2018, 09:13:34 pm by scawsby steve »

I have absolutely no idea about managers' salaries Filo, I haven't a clue, but in comparison with some, I don't think McCall will be cheap.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2018, 09:17:05 pm by Filo »

I have absolutely no idea about managers' salaries Filo, I haven't a clue, but in comparison with some, I don't think McCall will be cheap.

Niether have I but I'd be interested to know what peoples perception is of what constitutes a decent L1 salary for a L1 manager

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2018, 09:49:58 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I don't really know either but i'd expect a manager to be paid more than players at their club after all they are picking the players. so for DRFC 5-6k?

Sounds a lot but surely managers can't be on less than the players after all there is one manager and 23 players in a squad. I could be completely wrong though

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2018, 09:53:12 pm by Filo »
I don't really know either but i'd expect a manager to be paid more than players at their club after all they are picking the players. so for DRFC 5-6k?

Sounds a lot but surely managers can't be on less than the players after all there is one manager and 23 players in a squad. I could be completely wrong though

Different leagues and finances I know, but can you see Mourinho being on more than Sanchez?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2018, 10:10:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
At that level i can kind of see the players been on more than the manager, although Arsene Wenger was on a huge contract apparently, but would be interesting to know for our level 

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2018, 10:12:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Fergie snr was really vocal on being the top wage wasn't he?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012