Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:14:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre-Season Tour-ish  (Read 6319 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Pre-Season Tour-ish
« Reply #30 on July 01, 2018, 11:13:21 am by Draytonian III »
Have all the players gone including the transfer listed ones ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 01, 2018, 11:21:36 am by CottyRover »
 You'd think all first team players contracted to us would be there

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 01, 2018, 01:09:53 pm by Draytonian III »
I was told yesterday that the transfer listed players hadn’t but I thought they would as they were put on the list by the previous manager

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 01, 2018, 01:12:21 pm by GazLaz »
They haven’t even gone yet have they?

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 01, 2018, 08:25:45 pm by ferribyrover »
Are they taking their golf clubs? There are 3 courses at La Manga.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 01, 2018, 08:33:38 pm by ferribyrover »
There is also some history of footballers behaving badly at La Manga. Notably some Leicester City players were arrested including a Mr Dickov.
I’m sure Rovers will be on best behaviour.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 02, 2018, 10:48:17 pm by RedJ »
“But one thing I am, once I’ve made my decision on people, I’m very, very brutal to go ahead and do it."

Oh Christ, this is terrifyingly familiar...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 02, 2018, 10:55:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
It will be interesting to see whether McCann wipes the slate clean with regard to Lund, Garratt and Mandeville. I do think we need a defender, one or two midfielders and a striker.

Previous post from Red Baron re the transfer-listed trio and, although the manager is saying all 3 have a chance, the fact that they haven't gone with the others speaks volumes. They think it's all over.........

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 02, 2018, 11:00:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
I was told yesterday that the transfer listed players hadn’t but I thought they would as they were put on the list by the previous manager

The manager said he'd talked to each one of them individually and asked them why they thought they were listed. I can only assume he didn't like their answers!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 02, 2018, 11:07:13 pm by selby »
Alan, those three have a contract the club has to honour for another season, or come to an agreement to pay them up.
 If they play hard ball it will limit our chances of bringing other players in, something has to give one way or another,new manager or not.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 03, 2018, 06:31:36 am by Alan Southstand »
Selby, I've already gone on record to say the same thing! If no-one comes in for any of them, then they're here, come what may. However, the manager has made his move.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 03, 2018, 08:12:47 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Say's he's going to give everyone a chance but his actions go against that. As RedJ says very similar and i was hoping for a bit of a change really

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 03, 2018, 08:36:50 am by 5minstogo »
Its silly not to take them really. He'd get a good look at how they play, listen to instructions and interact with the squad in general. Garratt and Mandeville are good squad players who could do well with a run of games. The biggest question mark is over Lund but he isn't a bad player. Seems GM has already made his mind up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 03, 2018, 08:45:25 am by The Red Baron »
It will be interesting to see whether McCann wipes the slate clean with regard to Lund, Garratt and Mandeville. I do think we need a defender, one or two midfielders and a striker.

Previous post from Red Baron re the transfer-listed trio and, although the manager is saying all 3 have a chance, the fact that they haven't gone with the others speaks volumes. They think it's all over.........

I have to say, that's very much how it appears. It will be interesting to see if they feature in the friendlies and then whether they are given squad numbers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 03, 2018, 08:52:03 am by Filo »

I have to say, that's very much how it appears. It will be interesting to see if they feature in the friendlies and then whether they are given squad numbers.

And if that is the case, it's not took a week for him to start pulling the wool over our eyes

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 03, 2018, 09:01:20 am by selby »
    We have got to give him a chance and not prejudge him, and the three players themselves have to rise to the challenge themselves.
  Yes I am a fan and think a couple are better players than a couple that are in the team, but it is up to them to prove it or they will be away.
   All three are having their first bad experience of their life, and its time for them to get off their knees and fight especially Mandeville.
  If he does not it is a waste of talent, and appart from Marquis and Rowe, we have no one with more than five or six goals a season in them now their game has been seen and noted by other teams.
  With Williams not here and Mandeville not considered we are in danger of starting the season with the poorest attack we have had for years if we don't bring someone in, or give Mandeville a couple of games in preseason to prove his worth.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 03, 2018, 09:35:29 am by ravenrover »
Do people not think that GM won't have had a word with DF about the squad and the reasons behind the trio being on the list?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 03, 2018, 09:51:51 am by GazLaz »
Do people not think that GM won't have had a word with DF about the squad and the reasons behind the trio being on the list?

Either Fergie or Strachan. It’s good management this. It’s a test to see how they respond.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 03, 2018, 09:54:32 am by steve@dcfd »
Maybe they were never going on the trip as they were transfer listed.

Whether they stay or go we need and did last season another striker even more now with no Williams.
GM must not pussy foot about we need top six  players from this transfer window we are not a Kindergarten. Resources have to be used well or he will be open to criticism as was DF from certain posters.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:13:16 am by steve@dcfd »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 03, 2018, 04:19:37 pm by selby »
  With the first team away abroad, the team we turn out at Alfreton in the first friendly will be interesting, whether the first team play or the youth side plus the transfer listed players.
  If the first team don't do so well we can always put it down to jet lag.
  If England win tonight it may affect the attendance, their game will kick off at 3pm as well I think.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 03, 2018, 06:47:06 pm by 5minstogo »
Mandeville is on the Costa del Clee by the look of it. Pretty much the same as La Manga.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 03, 2018, 07:00:06 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
you've just inspired to see what has happened to cedric evina

answa seems to be not alot  "clubless"  had him earmarked for barnet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Evina

TinyPortal © 2005-2012