Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:10:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: World Cup Thread  (Read 83073 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: World Cup Thread
« Reply #990 on July 17, 2018, 09:19:01 am by idler »
Look at Croatia's build up to the first goal. As the ball comes in a Croatian looks round and then moves making no attempt to play the ball but stopping the defender getting a clean header in. They pulled exactly the same stunt on Trippier which led to their goal against us. Small niggle things but two goals for them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #991 on July 17, 2018, 11:56:39 am by Donnywolf »
I for one was pleased that Argentina lost - simply for the handling offence by Maradona which I still feel is as bad an example of winning at all costs (by a Player) as could be found.

So although I had empathy with Argentinians in general they took a back seat to my fervent HOPE that Maradona didnt get what was so obviously so blatantly important to him

Similarly I have no axe to gring with Croatia and Croatians - they have suffered enough historically BUT I absolutely hated how Lovren got away with so much in the Tournament in general and especially against us. Did he get a Yellow Card at any point against us ? I dont think so and his first two Fouls were each worth a Card in the context a) of the game and b) in their cynicism - especially the block on Sterling (could be wrong)

So I wanted France to condemn HIM to a losers Medal which they duly did - and though he wont ever read this he is certainly NOT one of the Top 10 defenders in the World.  I dont know where he stacks up and personally dont care

I would love Liverpool to launch a real assault on the Title and Champions League sooner rather than later - but now I will have to hope it comes after he has gone

Hows that for bearing a grudge
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:36:25 pm by Donnywolf »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #992 on July 17, 2018, 01:39:14 pm by MachoMadness »
Lovren is in the running for the golden cock award for biggest d**khead that's for sure. Behind Neymar and that Colombian coach who shoulder checked Sterling at half time IMO.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #993 on July 17, 2018, 01:53:53 pm by ravenrover »
Messi GOAT in Spain

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #994 on July 17, 2018, 01:56:41 pm by Cantley Rover »
Had there been a fair play award then we would have come 1st by a country mile. I am amazed half of the teams have managed to get all their players home in one piece. There must have been so many tripping over the steps of the aircraft or being run over by the aircraft tow trucks whilst rolling over the tarmac.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #995 on July 17, 2018, 05:22:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Had there been a fair play award then we would have come 1st by a country mile. I am amazed half of the teams have managed to get all their players home in one piece. There must have been so many tripping over the steps of the aircraft or being run over by the aircraft tow trucks whilst rolling over the tarmac.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yes on the face of it we behaved (it seemed) in a very sporting way - something again GS probably instilled into the Team as one or two of them are a bit feisty - and one of them in particular !

That said I think we could have had a Red Card in probably the first game when Ashley Young dropped an elbow into someones chops. I cant remember if the Ref saw it or not but I was convinced that VAR would have him but seemingly that was not in their remit

Lucky "boy" I reckon cos that would probably have been his last appearance in an England Shirt but instead he got 3 or 4 more

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #996 on July 17, 2018, 05:26:03 pm by Filo »
Lovren is in the running for the golden cock award for biggest d**khead that's for sure. Behind Neymar and that Colombian coach who shoulder checked Sterling at half time IMO.

Neymar got Best Actor

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #997 on July 17, 2018, 07:39:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I for one was pleased that Argentina lost - simply for the handling offence by Maradona which I still feel is as bad an example of winning at all costs (by a Player) as could be found.

So although I had empathy with Argentinians in general they took a back seat to my fervent HOPE that Maradona didnt get what was so obviously so blatantly important to him

Similarly I have no axe to gring with Croatia and Croatians - they have suffered enough historically BUT I absolutely hated how Lovren got away with so much in the Tournament in general and especially against us. Did he get a Yellow Card at any point against us ? I dont think so and his first two Fouls were each worth a Card in the context a) of the game and b) in their cynicism - especially the block on Sterling (could be wrong)

So I wanted France to condemn HIM to a losers Medal which they duly did - and though he wont ever read this he is certainly NOT one of the Top 10 defenders in the World.  I dont know where he stacks up and personally dont care

I would love Liverpool to launch a real assault on the Title and Champions League sooner rather than later - but now I will have to hope it comes after he has gone

I was glad Iran got knocked out. I’ve never forgiven Persia for the Battle of Thermopylae.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #998 on July 17, 2018, 08:24:50 pm by idler »

I was glad Iran got knocked out. I’ve never forgiven Persia for the Battle of Thermopylae.
That's almost a marathon grudge BST.😉

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #999 on April 28, 2019, 11:20:15 pm by drfchound »
Having seen Portugal’s second goal reminded me of a post about Karius in the CL Final after he let the long shot from Bale beat him.
Someone said that you would never see a keeper of the quality of DeGea letting one in like that.

Whoops.

DeGea again.
That is three sloppy goals he has conceded in the last few games.
Even the best keepers make cock ups.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012