Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:51:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stick or Sell  (Read 7817 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Stick or Sell
« Reply #60 on June 25, 2018, 07:10:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Well it isn't a quote, is it? so he hasn't said anything himself about the budget.

Exactly. For all I know this reputable journalist has done what they usually do and used a short cut and read this forum with loads of people saying it's the budget (without any basis) and reported it as fact. It wouldn't be the first time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 25, 2018, 08:18:04 am by Michael Shaw »
You said you hadn't seen it written anywhere so I gave you a source. Not all reporting is direct word-for-word quotes. So in your opinion all reporting is untrue unless it comes only from the Rovers official site. God, we would have nothing to talk about if we only relied on what little they tell us.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 25, 2018, 08:21:58 am by RedJ »
Ah yes the only place that can publish quotes in the entire world is the Rovers website.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 25, 2018, 08:30:28 am by the vicar »
Or this site according to some

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 25, 2018, 08:58:43 am by Glyn_Wigley »
You said you hadn't seen it written anywhere so I gave you a source. Not all reporting is direct word-for-word quotes. So in your opinion all reporting is untrue unless it comes only from the Rovers official site. God, we would have nothing to talk about if we only relied on what little they tell us.

No, anywhere where DF is directly quoted, which is what I said I haven't seen in my original post. I still haven't seen that. It must be out there for other people to attribute it to him, so knock yourself out and show me. Unless it isn't, of course. Why should I believe The Star's idea of what's happened?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:02:27 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 25, 2018, 09:03:28 am by Glyn_Wigley »

No I didn't, read my post again. I've seen it written lots of times - it was bandied about as the truth all over here within half an hour of his resignation message - but nowhere have I seen DF say it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 25, 2018, 09:12:46 am by RedJ »
Or this site according to some

And by that you mean you when you made it up just now that people think that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 25, 2018, 12:15:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
All I want is confirmation that DF has said it. Not that other people think he said it.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 26, 2018, 10:50:33 pm by Michael Shaw »
Glyn, you really are a habitual whinger. I did the work for you and gave you a link to The Star article. If you care enough why don’t you email Paul Goodwin at the The Star and just ask him your question? That’s the intelligent thing to do.

There  was a thread on here about league one budgets so I email the source, got an answer, and posted the reply on the same thread. The budget figures came from a FIFA football game. I thought that was the sensible way forward to stop all the arguments.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 26, 2018, 11:01:04 pm by RedJ »
You thought that the sensible way to stop arguments was to post information that the people got from a game?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 26, 2018, 11:07:40 pm by Michael Shaw »
You are twisting my words. I merely investigated and explained where the stats came from on the thread. I did not start that thread. The original poster was working from stats that came from a game and was posted in an article he was quoting.

You really have nothing better to do than try to wind people up, Sorry, you lose again.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 26, 2018, 11:44:04 pm by Michael Shaw »
I agree, Rig, but some won't believe the budget was a factor because the source was not the official Rovers site. I had mixed views on Ferguson, but it is probably better for the club that he has moved on and we can try a new style of management.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 27, 2018, 07:18:24 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn, you really are a habitual whinger. I did the work for you and gave you a link to The Star article. If you care enough why don’t you email Paul Goodwin at the The Star and just ask him your question? That’s the intelligent thing to do.

I said I haven't seen anywhere that DF had said that the budget was why he resigned. You might have done some work but you didn't show me that either. Why should I ask Paul Goodwin anything? You brought him into this, not me. And he's not the one that's spread the rumour all over this forum as soon as DF resigned as if it was fact when as far as I can see there is no evidence for it anywhere. Journalists have printed stories based on crap they've read on this forum before and I don't doubt they'll keep on doing it to fill their space up. Just because it's in a paper doesn't mean it's the truth - do you believe everything The Sun prints?

I don't doubt that it could very well be that the budget is part - or even the sole - reason DF left. What I am pointing out is that I have seen no direct evidence that that was the reason DF left. It just looks like a lot of people, especially those that 'habitually whinge' about the budgets, have added two and two together and merely think they've got four.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012