Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:25:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grant McCann  (Read 6232 times)

wesisback

• Forum Member
Re: Grant McCann
« Reply #30 on June 26, 2018, 01:16:38 pm by wesisback »
   That's it guys...You two decide he's failed before he's even appointed...You are unbelievable
He hasn't failed. The team responsible for appointments have. Perhaps slightly more uninspiring as I gave them credit for.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 26, 2018, 01:21:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I don't get the kick back on this before its announced was he actually that bad at peterborough? A lot of Posh fans we're angry he was sacked and wanted to stick with him!

I'd prefer McCall because he's got more experience but young managers can hit it off in a big way in the right environment like Heckingbottom did.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 26, 2018, 01:26:47 pm by wing commander »
   That's it guys...You two decide he's failed before he's even appointed...You are unbelievable
He hasn't failed. The team responsible for appointments have. Perhaps slightly more uninspiring as I gave them credit for.

Any manager is a gamble and some fit in better than others.If our board have interviewed all the candidates and come to the conclusion they think he's the best fit for us,then that's good enough for me...
   Lets not slaughter anybody before they walk through the gates else he's got no chance..

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 26, 2018, 01:32:16 pm by German Rover »
Is McCann not the one Doolan did at Barnsley?

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 26, 2018, 01:35:08 pm by Akinfenwa »
That was McPhail I think.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 26, 2018, 01:35:50 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Is McCann not the one Doolan did at Barnsley?

GR - I think that was MacPhail

Edit: beaten to it  :blush:

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 26, 2018, 02:25:33 pm by DMnumber4 »
Oster did McCann with an elbow at Glanford Park and was sent off. Went from 2-0 up to drawing 2-2.

Quinton Fortune also sent off.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 26, 2018, 02:28:53 pm by scawsby steve »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fuming-doesnt-cut-it-fans-react-after-grant-mccann-sacked-as-peterborough-boss-36644177.html

There is also this to go along with the Peterborough Today article, there is always two sides to a story!! Interesting that they only had lost 2 in 12 before sacking him, if draws went against us we would have had a revolving door of managers this past few years!! (tongue in cheek)

Good luck to the bloke if it is indeed him!

An interesting article there James, however, it was more the tweets following it that took my eye; the fans seemed more impressed with the fact that he was a club legend as a player, similar to the situation with Ian Snodin for us. There is nothing in his record at Posh to suggest he is a good manager.

If it is him, I'm willing to give the bloke a chance; however, I cannot deny I'll be feeling disappointed and underwhelmed.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 26, 2018, 02:30:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The anomally with the betting is the lack of a third man. Therefore the favourite will only be due to someone betting.

I'd be interested to hear if Gaz knows the third man?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 26, 2018, 02:31:01 pm by GazLaz »
The anomally with the betting is the lack of a third man. Therefore the favourite will only be due to someone betting.

I'd be interested to hear if Gaz knows the third man?

McCann was the third candidate.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 26, 2018, 02:38:39 pm by northern soul »
Weren't the three down as

Caldwell
McCall
McCann

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 26, 2018, 02:45:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Weren't the three down as

Caldwell
McCall
McCann

So they were... I forgot about Caldwell, it's hard to keep up with this  :s

Interesting to see Hasselbaink higher up the ladder than Caldwell.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 26, 2018, 02:53:23 pm by godlike1 »
As I've said on twitter, the club have failed with their own criteria. If this is who it turns out to be then they are singlehandedly failing to donstrate any form of ambition or footballing knowledge and ruin my experience of supporting rovers. Oh and before any of you arse licking supporters of the bd come and have the same boring comments you always do.........I'm a rovers fan through and through and am entitled to my opinion.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/paul-goodwin-fans-need-clarity-from-doncaster-rovers-hierarchy-following-darren-ferguson-s-resignation-1-9221873

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 26, 2018, 02:59:03 pm by wing commander »
  Damm right you are entitled to your opinion Godlike...I just cant see how anybody can form much of a opinion based on forum posters saying there mates dog say's McCall turned it down, because he wants more money,more budget,a better car and Mccaan got it because he's a yes man working for peanuts...

People post whatever rumours they like on here and for some of you that automatically becomes a fact,but what do I know I'm a board arse licker... lol

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 26, 2018, 03:03:00 pm by Boomstick »
As I've said on twitter, the club have failed with their own criteria. If this is who it turns out to be then they are singlehandedly failing to donstrate any form of ambition or footballing knowledge and ruin my experience of supporting rovers. Oh and before any of you arse licking supporters of the bd come and have the same boring comments you always do.........I'm a rovers fan through and through and am entitled to my opinion.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/paul-goodwin-fans-need-clarity-from-doncaster-rovers-hierarchy-following-darren-ferguson-s-resignation-1-9221873
Spot on, its one thing saying it, its putting it into action that counts

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 26, 2018, 03:30:24 pm by Pancho Regan »
McCall still ahead of McCann by 5 pages to 2 on this forum...

;)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 26, 2018, 07:57:49 pm by roversdude »
Maybe someone has borrowed one of the World Cup prophecy animals and put bowls of food with the prospective candidates faces on

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 26, 2018, 08:12:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Maybe someone has borrowed one of the World Cup prophecy animals and put bowls of food with the prospective candidates faces on

Got to be pie and peas

TinyPortal © 2005-2012