Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:38:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I player  (Read 2142 times)

anton123

• Forum Member
I player
« on June 28, 2018, 10:48:04 pm by anton123 »
Any 1 got any new material lately , thought they would have press conference with McCann etc but Iv got nothing , what we paying for ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
Re: I player
« Reply #1 on June 29, 2018, 12:14:29 am by KiwiRover »
I was thinking the same.

Nothing on the app since Copps contract renewal, yet there are at least 2 iFollow branded videos on YouTube since McCann's appointment.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 29, 2018, 07:50:43 am by CottyRover »
I agree. I pay my  subscription for the interviews as much as for the commentaries. I  can see they want to enthuse a wider audience, especially at a time like this, but surely i-Follow subscribers should see them first and/or an extended version. Not happy

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 29, 2018, 08:10:04 am by anton123 »
Funny enough complain on here then magically new material appears on the app , funny that

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 29, 2018, 09:00:19 am by Filo »
I agree. I pay my  subscription for the interviews as much as for the commentaries. I  can see they want to enthuse a wider audience, especially at a time like this, but surely i-Follow subscribers should see them first and/or an extended version. Not happy

Any interviews are always out on Radio Sheffield before Ifollow

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 29, 2018, 11:05:29 am by Geoff Blakesley »
GM and the lads at training is now on I player as a video

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 29, 2018, 04:42:56 pm by CottyRover »

Any interviews are always out on Radio Sheffield before Ifollow

Listening regularly to interviews regularly on i-Follow I am well aware of that and accept it. Can get the Radio Sheffield part of the interviews on BBC radio player straight away in any case. The issue here is two clips going out on U tube and not  appearing on i-Follow. Surely they should be on i-Follow first, then on U tube?
I do appreciate also that this has now been put right, if a little late.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:45:29 pm by CottyRover »

Douggies Socks

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 30, 2018, 01:24:57 pm by Douggies Socks »
Still no full interviews just snippets

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 30, 2018, 01:48:53 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Please see the below on behalf of our media manager Luke Thornhill:

“Thanks to those who commented. Although uploading videos to iFollow should take place at the very least at the same time as those on YouTube, clearly that didn’t happen and we’ll make sure there isn’t the same delay in future.

I thought it also worth mentioning that we’re looking at options to bolster our video content this season, and have new equipment including a brand new good spec editing laptop coming which is after a bit of investment in our media side. This means more video on social media, YouTube and iFollow Rovers with increasing length and depth on a sliding scale depending on the channel - ensuring those who subscribe to iFollow Rovers continue to get the most video with real value for money, but trying to make things as accessible and insightful as possible for all fans through the free channels. As as been pointed out, the new manager content was made available to all supporters because we think the more people who hear him the more supporters will see why he was the board’s choice for the job.

I don’t want to go into too much detail on the video plans in case we cannot make it happen as quickly as we’d like, but on the back of this thread I also had conversations on Friday about putting some more in depth videos up over the course of pre-season than we have previously been able to do. We’ll also look back at the raw video from our Grant McCann announcement with a view to adding more to iFollow Rovers, especially as we did our press unveiling in a different way which meant we don’t have a traditional press conference to film. There is clearly a demand to see more which we will try and satisfy with the resources we have. We recognise the investment subscribers are making and want to ensure they get the best possible service for their money.

As always, I’d like to stress we are open to ideas from supporters for what they want to see and we can be contacted on media@clubdoncaster.co.uk.

Luke Thornhill

Club Doncaster media manager”

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 30, 2018, 05:11:40 pm by CottyRover »
A big thank you to the SLO for taking this up with the club, and to Luke for his very full reply. Even if the future plans don't all come off it sounds like we will have a much improved service this season. It could have seemed petty to make the original complaint but people need a reason to subscribe and now they may be getting one.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 01, 2018, 09:56:22 am by idler »
That response gives the impression that the club are trying to improve in this field and are open to constructive suggestions.
Let's hope that all fans will be happy with the outcome.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 01, 2018, 10:29:03 am by Filo »
Thanks to Luke for the response, if you're reading this Luke, could you try and do post match interviews this season away from the wind if it's windy. Last season some of the interviews could be barely heard because of the wind. Also when doing the weekly presser questions from other members of the media can not be heard, so we hear the managers answer to a question, but don't hear what the question was
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 10:32:09 am by Filo »

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 01, 2018, 11:16:48 am by CottyRover »
Fully agree with File's points above. I remember at least one post match interview that was completely ruined by the wind, although that could have been just as much the fault of the Radio Sheffield reporter. Their part of the interview was just as unintelligible on BBC radio player. Something could be  done  so we can hear the questions put by DFP and Star reporters. You spend half the time trying to guess what the question was.
New stuff has appeared on i-Follow since  this thread started but at the moment I'm locked out! The app seems to have decided I don't have a subscription when I do. On the plus side I emailed yesterday  (Saturday) afternoon and got a very quick response, although the issue is yet to be resolved.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 01, 2018, 11:49:53 am by redbrez »
Ha ha , I can get content from earlier last week , but the last 2 videos , I get the message
To access this content upgrade your account

I am fully paid up
 :headbang: :suicide:

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 01, 2018, 12:02:23 pm by CottyRover »
Sounds like the same issue. The person who replied from the support service was saying I need to upgrade the App  but as far as I can see I have the latest version.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 01, 2018, 12:04:13 pm by stuey »
Every season I consider getting IPlayer, and every season, after reading comments on here and elsewhere, I think I'll give it a miss. It seems more trouble than it's worth.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012