Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:40:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Torture  (Read 4076 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Torture
« Reply #30 on July 04, 2018, 03:42:50 pm by Ldr »
If even one British life was saved due to this I have no problem

And if it was completely worthless?

Well I suppose you could have been saved I guess, who knows?............

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 04, 2018, 04:11:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So let's torture people anyway, eh? Even though it doesn't work and people have known it doesn't work for four hundred years?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 04, 2018, 05:19:12 pm by Ldr »

So let's torture people anyway, eh? Even though it doesn't work and people have known it doesn't work for four hundred years?

I'd guess there would be enough people willing to test that out on you

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 04, 2018, 09:26:28 pm by roversdude »
Just stick them in a room and play non stop Justin Beiber

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 04, 2018, 09:45:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Geneva Convention was written to stop evil bas**rds like you!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 04, 2018, 10:00:54 pm by albie »
It is the decision to ignore the Geneva Convention that is the most disturbing aspect.

If you give yourself special permission to disregard the rules then others will do the same.

So those who think it is OK for US and UK to carry out these actions are also saying it is OK for the same (or worse) to happen to our forces?

That can't be right can it?.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 05, 2018, 07:02:21 am by Ldr »
It is the decision to ignore the Geneva Convention that is the most disturbing aspect.

If you give yourself special permission to disregard the rules then others will do the same.

So those who think it is OK for US and UK to carry out these actions are also saying it is OK for the same (or worse) to happen to our forces?

Probs not but I think it's naive to think that elements hostile to our country don't do it

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 05, 2018, 08:52:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The Taliban, allegedly, ban girls from going to school and stone women to death for adultery. I’m guessing you don’t think we should copy that?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 05, 2018, 10:11:30 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Probs not but I think it's naive to think that elements hostile to our country don't do it

It still works just as badly for them as a way of getting true and useful information. It's getting to sound like you want to do it to them just because you think they do it to us.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 05, 2018, 06:44:58 pm by Ldr »

It still works just as badly for them as a way of getting true and useful information. It's getting to sound like you want to do it to them just because you think they do it to us.

Not quite mate, but I do think people are naive to think it doesn't go on everywhere. Its a very imperfect murky world and i'm realistic enough to get on with my life and not judge things I can't change. Saying that I am ok with it if it saved British lives is pragmatism, not approval

TinyPortal © 2005-2012