Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:46:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Supporters Club AGM (Main Branch)  (Read 5468 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Supporters Club AGM (Main Branch)
« Reply #30 on July 18, 2018, 08:23:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Given his age, if he club offered him another contract on equal or better terms then we would be due something decided by a tribunal anyway wouldn’t we?

Yep.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 18, 2018, 08:34:25 am by GazLaz »
Given his age, if he club offered him another contract on equal or better terms then we would be due something decided by a tribunal anyway wouldn’t we?

We haven’t offered him a deal though have we?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 18, 2018, 08:42:26 am by DonnyOsmond »

We haven’t offered him a deal though have we?

Clearly means before his current contract runs out at the end of the coming season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 18, 2018, 08:46:34 am by selby »
If he does well at Morecambe, and attracts attention from other clubs we are within our rights  to do so,( offer a contract) and have also until the end of his contract with us  i.e. the end of June next to do so.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 18, 2018, 08:49:54 am by steve@dcfd »

Nick that what was said that’s why he has gone on loan.
If he has a good season at Morecambe then we are well with in our rights to offer him a new contract before his other runs out then it’s up to him whether he takes it or goes elsewhere but we would get compensation decided by a tribunal.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 18, 2018, 10:42:56 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If he performs I expect we all would want him back.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 18, 2018, 10:51:48 am by Alan Southstand »
Capital I and capital F, bfyp.

He's a long way to go, yet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 18, 2018, 11:08:04 am by selby »
   All speculation Alan at the moment, but if I was him and was a success this coming season, I would consider some of the players still at this club who I have been overlooked for, some of the comments by some supporters on social media such as this forum, and would give an answer that involved sex and travel, if you know what I mean.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 18, 2018, 11:38:33 am by ZiggerZagger »
Had a nice chat with Grant and asked him a few questions after they'd finished on the top table.
Told him he wasn't my first choice but after listening to him talking and the answers he gave he's won me over.

Why did you want this job?.....
This team should be fighting for promotion not XxxxX at the bottom end. They've forgotten how good some of them are, I'm going to remind them.

Have the players impressed you in training, are they fit enough for the season ahead as last year they seemed to be knackered come last 10/15 mins......
As someone said earlier the amount of points they threw away in 90 plus minutes was well known and I can assure you they won't be fading away this coming season.

I have heard your beastingthem in training.....
Stops laughing, we've got some very good players here who just needed that little bit of extra training to get them to where I want them to be.

After listening to you a couple of times you seem to be able to talk the talk, I've just put a bet on we get promotion via Wembley and win the checkatrade thingy. So can you get us to walk the walk.......
I can't promise you anything but I want us fighting for promotion and I do want to win the cup at Wembley, I've even put the Ladbrokes odds up in the changing rooms for the lads to look at. Told them straight, I believe in you, the fans believe in you, but these, taps his finger on paper, these don't think your any good. Use it as motivation.

I've been told Fergie wanted to bring Ali Crawford down last season but he got injured, I told him the other day he could be the new fans favourite......
Yes he was but he's here now and I agree he could be, the lad can go all the way, left foot or right foot doesn't bother him. The other lads have taken to him already and he's starting to come out his shell a bit,  showing them what he can do.

Have you got any other players lined up, or if a top player became available at the right price could you bring him in.....
All I can say is that there are quite a few players out there without clubs at the minute and some who could cost a fair bit but, I've been assured if I wanted a certain player the money would be made available to me......

You say you'd rather win a game 4-3 than 1-0.....
Well id rather win 4 nil to be honest, look they way I see it is if your winning games scoring plenty of goals, people will come to watch you. You didn't have a bad defence last season, you just didn't take your opportunities to put games to bed and got caught out. If your playing in their half they haven't got much chance of scoring against you. That's one thing we're working on in training.

So who's the No.1 keeper.....
To be honest, either one of them at the moment, they're both exceptional keepers.

What's your thoughts on are Marquis then, would you sell him if the right price came in....
It's not up to me if the club got an offer they couldn't refuse, I've spoke with John and told him I wouldn't stand in his way if one come in, but, I've also told him I want him to be the league's top scorer this season. I've brought a new system and players to the club that would help him achieve this.

What did he say to that....
Let's just say he was pleased

Hope this answered a few fans questions.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 18, 2018, 11:41:06 am by The Red Baron »
I wouldn't have thought Morecambe were bursting at the seams with strikers. And although his lack of game time at Colchester was disappointing, to say the least, as Ferguson noted in an interview, they signed him largely as cover.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 18, 2018, 11:44:13 am by Copps is Magic »
Yeah good conversation Ziggerzagger, and somethings go against the prevailing narrative on here. Will people take it in or will we continue our collective preseason wibble wabble.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 18, 2018, 11:51:20 am by selby »
  Too positive Zigger, and too honest, how do you expect people to make things up and worry posting things like that?

darren61

« Reply #42 on July 18, 2018, 11:52:28 am by darren61 »
Cheers for that Ziggerzagger.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 18, 2018, 11:54:23 am by GazLaz »
Very positive but just saying exactly what you would expect him to say.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 18, 2018, 12:09:20 pm by selby »
  There you go Zigger, there is always at least one.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 18, 2018, 12:29:39 pm by steve@dcfd »

It is Gaz but it was positive that’s we have to go with. But it what he said and answered all the questions confidently.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 18, 2018, 12:37:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It keeps sounding more like the budgets there but McCann doesn't want to spend more at the moment in time.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 18, 2018, 12:58:35 pm by RoversAlias »
And that's fair enough if he believes what we have is good enough. We might end up happy with that decision if we need an extra bit of quality in January or need to cover some injuries.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 18, 2018, 01:01:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
Interesting opening gambit!

No wonder they all used to praise Ferguson. He obviously didn’t push them too hard on the fitness front.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 18, 2018, 01:06:49 pm by GazLaz »
Interesting opening gambit!

No wonder they all used to praise Ferguson. He obviously didn’t push them too hard on the fitness front.

The fitness thing is something all new managers say at every club.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 18, 2018, 01:11:40 pm by ZiggerZagger »
I can only say what he said, don't want to put it in cotton wool but from what I've heard from players and manager they all seem to be working together. Put a few ghosts to bed, wiped slate clean and everyone who shows they're willing to train hard will get a fair crack. 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 18, 2018, 02:38:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
Purely going on our recent annual problems with injuries, I think he’s skating on thin ice.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 18, 2018, 03:40:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Makes you wonder why people bother asking then, doesn't it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012