Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:26:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rover 5-0 Frickley  (Read 5849 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
Rover 5-0 Frickley
« on July 10, 2018, 09:16:40 pm by karldew »
Never went but just doesn’t seem to be a mention of the friendly tonight.

Marquis, Whiteman, May, Lund & Morris on the scoresheet.

Not sure if anyone else who went could share their thoughts on the game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Rover 5-0 Frickley
« Reply #1 on July 10, 2018, 09:19:20 pm by MachoMadness »
Any ideas on the trialist?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 10, 2018, 09:21:41 pm by karldew »
Any ideas on the trialist?

Named and confirmed in the rumour mill

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 10, 2018, 09:33:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Having been tonight we need two more centre midfield players for the three. We have signed Ali for the front three  but we need another striker to add to Marquis. That’s another 4 players if we want to be any where near the top six. The trialist would be a waste of the resources the manager has. If he was going to light up league 1 why didn’t he do it last year for Bradford, overweight and totally unfit as well.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 10, 2018, 09:46:58 pm by drfchound »
Heat makes things expand.
So he wasn’t fat, probably just hot.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 10, 2018, 09:49:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
Can't read much into friendlies but, we need more than what was on display tonight. With no Rowe or Copps in midfield, we are desperately short of any sort of quality. We have Whiteman and McCullough, who will probably battle it out for the centre berth, but both left and right (of the 3 that the manager has played up to now) are non-existent within our ranks. Get these 2 quality players and it will be a start, but there is no cover for right back (Mason is still the outstanding player for that position).

Final piece of the jigsaw is another striker for partnering/assisting JM. As I have said previously, if we let him go, we're well and truly stuffed. There is quite simply nobody to take his place and if he stays and then gets injured, again, we're stuffed. For top 6, we need to address this and quick.

Triallist didn't cut it for me, but it was obvious he wasn't fit. I think we need much better, for league 1. Loanee?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 10, 2018, 09:50:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
Defence all players were good to ok if the resources are there a right back would be good.

Centre three midfield we have Whiteman and McCullough the other four that played tonight are not good enough or need developing into the role.
That’s Blair, Ben Khemis, Fletcher and Prior.

Front three we have Marquis good enough to start in the first team.
May and Beestin good subs. Morris and Watters development players.
Trialist as ’ve said would be a waste of resources.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:59:11 pm by steve@dcfd »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 10, 2018, 09:51:06 pm by Retdon1 »
Having been tonight we need two more centre midfield players for the three. We have signed Ali for the front three  but we need another striker to add to Marquis. That’s another 4 players if we want to be any where near the top six. The trialist would be a waste of the resources the manager has. If he was going to light up league 1 why didn’t he do it last year for Bradford, overweight and totally unfit as well.
[/quot

Bradford fans say he was very good for them and we’re disappointed he left... he left in April though because of personal reasons, rumour is he’s a bit of a head case.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 10, 2018, 09:58:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
Retdon I’ve read that I’ve watched videos but watching him tonight and age of 30 he is not going light up league 1. We need better with aim being  top six.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 10, 2018, 10:05:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, there's a reason he's on trial.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 10, 2018, 10:20:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well, there's a reason he's on trial.

Yes I know that so let see what happens. I’ve always said we need quality players another three/ four plus Ali who has just signed. If GM can turn him into a consistent 46 game quality player then he’ll turn water into wine.

But on tonight’s showing was not all about the trialist. We need not want two more centre midfield players for the centre three they are a priority for me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:32:09 pm by steve@dcfd »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 10, 2018, 10:23:08 pm by GazLaz »
Not a player that fits our supposed model of developing players. Is that ethos out of the window now?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 10, 2018, 10:24:12 pm by RedJ »
You can't have an entire squad made up of that type of player, so I would imagine not.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 10, 2018, 10:31:13 pm by Retdon1 »
Retdon I’ve read that I’ve watched videos but watching him tonight and age of 30 he is not going light up league 1. We need better with aim being  top six.

Yeah I think Idd be giving him a miss. You would have thought the penny would have dropped for him by now.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 11, 2018, 06:51:39 am by rtid88 »
Can't even see why we would be looking at him, has got to be a mate of McCann's only possible explanation.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 11, 2018, 07:08:16 am by GazLaz »
McCann must know he has ability. When you don’t have bundles of money to spend you have to take more risks on players.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 11, 2018, 07:57:53 am by raggytash »
Certainly doing that, Ali Crawford 14 games in 18 month...... butler 6 goals in 34 ?? Then just packed in when McCall went citing personal reasons and he’s been kicked out at Ipswich for the suspended sentence for t**tting a bouncer... already appears after one week GM as been told to scrape the barrel...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 11, 2018, 08:19:06 am by DonnyOsmond »
Certainly doing that, Ali Crawford 14 games in 18 month...... butler 6 goals in 34 ?? Then just packed in when McCall went citing personal reasons and he’s been kicked out at Ipswich for the suspended sentence for t**tting a bouncer... already appears after one week GM as been told to scrape the barrel...

:turd:

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 11, 2018, 08:26:54 am by Bollinger »

You lost any credibility with your tedious ant-board bashing rants the day we lost at Accrington on day one of the season-before-last when you announced this was all further evidence that the board didn't want us to be promoted.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 11, 2018, 08:28:11 am by idler »
If you are going to moan and try and wind people up at least get the player's name right.🤔

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 11, 2018, 08:32:53 am by The Red Baron »
The best news for me was that Copps doesn't need surgery and Tommy is making good progress. Get those two back and things will look a lot better.

It looks like Taylor will be staying with us. McCann clearly thinks he's a special talent, although fitness is an issue with him.

Interesting that neither Mandeville nor Garratt played last night. They could be injured of course, but I wonder if other clubs are looking at them.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 11, 2018, 08:40:05 am by deebee »
No mention of Danny Andrews is he not fit yet.?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 11, 2018, 08:44:12 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Played 2nd half

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 11, 2018, 08:46:35 am by DonnyOsmond »
Andrew did quite well.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 11, 2018, 08:48:16 am by DonnyOsmond »
The best news for me was that Copps doesn't need surgery and Tommy is making good progress. Get those two back and things will look a lot better.

It looks like Taylor will be staying with us. McCann clearly thinks he's a special talent, although fitness is an issue with him.

Interesting that neither Mandeville nor Garratt played last night. They could be injured of course, but I wonder if other clubs are looking at them.

On Copps and Rowe, I wonder where they'd play in this 4-3-3? Rowe could slot into CM, Copps right of the attack?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 11, 2018, 09:26:47 am by the vicar »
Andrew did quite well.
he played very well considering the opposition, and more to the point he was talking and coaching the young lads all the time during the game 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 11, 2018, 09:28:41 am by steve@dcfd »

On Copps and Rowe, I wonder where they'd play in this 4-3-3? Rowe could slot into CM, Copps right of the attack?
Ali can play left or right front three so we won’t have be reliant on Copps all the time. Rowe can play left of the front or middle three. But we still need two more centre midfield players for left and right of the three. We have no one good enough to play those roles and cover for injuries

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 11, 2018, 09:34:32 am by arkseyrover »
According to Hodens report in FP substitute Myron Gibbons came on for Watters after 23 minutes and 'made a real impact' but no-one that went to the game seems to have mentioned him. Is he one of the youth players?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 11, 2018, 09:42:35 am by selby »
  He did Arksey, the stand out talent Danny Amos, Gibbons made two goals with his pace, the pass of the night McCollough for Mays goal, perfect.
   And if the trialist is  better than Mandeville, I am going to train as an astronaut.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 11, 2018, 09:43:30 am by bedale rover »

I'd have Rowe on the left of the centre forward and copps to the right of the holding midfielder
But that is only my view

TinyPortal © 2005-2012