Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:32:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rover 5-0 Frickley  (Read 5850 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Rover 5-0 Frickley
« Reply #30 on July 11, 2018, 09:43:41 am by The Red Baron »
According to Hodens report in FP substitute Myron Gibbons came on for Watters after 23 minutes and 'made a real impact' but no-one that went to the game seems to have mentioned him. Is he one of the youth players?

He is. Second year youth teamer. Very quick and towards the end of last season he was banging in loads of goals for the Youth Team. Quite a prospect. Will probably get a run out in the Checkatrade.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 11, 2018, 09:47:42 am by arkseyrover »
Thanks RB and Selby. I hadn't picked up on Gibbons in the youth team. From what RB says he is one to watch. Sounds good.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 11, 2018, 10:03:00 am by steve@dcfd »
  He did Arksey, the stand out talent Danny Amos, Gibbons made two goals with his pace, the pass of the night McCollough for Mays goal, perfect.
   And if the trialist is  better than Mandeville, I am going to train as an astronaut.
Mandeville and Garrett were training with the youth team on Monday morning when the first team were preparing for the game.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 11, 2018, 10:16:10 am by bradford exile »
Was there a problem with Watterson. Just seems strange to come off after only 23 minutes???. Regards . Ray

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 11, 2018, 10:25:01 am by GazLaz »
Was there a problem with Watterson. Just seems strange to come off after only 23 minutes???. Regards . Ray

Perhaps the two young lads were promised a quarter of the game each.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 11, 2018, 10:26:44 am by DonnyOsmond »
Keepers - Lawlor, Marosi, Jones

RB - Mason, Lund, Blair?

LB - Andrew, Amos, Garratt

CB - Butler, Wright, Anderson, Blaney, Garratt, Amos, Mason

DM - McCullough, Whiteman, Mason

CM - Rowe, Whiteman, Copps,  Ben Khemis, Blair?, Crawford?, Fletcher, Prior, James

LW - Rowe, Crawford, Mandeville, Kiwomya, Ben Khemis, Beestin, Longbottom, Watters

RW - Copps, Crawford, Beestin, Blair, Mandeville, Kiwomya, Watters, Morris

ST - Marquis, May, Mandeville, Morris, Kiwomya
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:34:03 am by DonnyOsmond »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 11, 2018, 10:29:29 am by GazLaz »
That squad looks awful.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 11, 2018, 10:33:09 am by DonnyOsmond »

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/video-mccann-pleased-with-doncaster-rovers-win-at-frickley-athletic-1-9245382

Struggled with his shins apparently.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 11, 2018, 11:57:40 am by selby »
  So, the continued pissing off of two of our better players last Saturday continues, while others not as good get game time, clever that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 11, 2018, 12:07:37 pm by RoversAlias »
  So, the continued pissing off of two of our better players last Saturday continues, while others not as good get game time, clever that.

Do you not ever think it's down to the players themselves? You seem to think Mandeville can do no wrong but if .
McCann becomes the third manager to coach him and feel he's not up to it (after Ferguson and Colchester's boss) then it's time to start putting the blame on Mandeville himself.

If McCann has decided (and it's a big "if" at this stage) that Lund is worth keeping in the first team but Mandeville and Garratt are not, then that tells me that he has not been impressed with what he's seen from those two players.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 11, 2018, 12:44:25 pm by selby »
He took over and immediately went to Portugal, leaving them to train with the youth team, when they got back, he had Friday training and they played Saturday.
   They were two of our best players in that game, Garrett made a goal and nearly scored from a corner, Mandeville having a couple of runs past his marker, beet two players near the touchline with a trick I don't think any of the rest of the players we have are capable of, and a report said that they had done their chances no harm.
  Monday according to you, they again trained with the youth team, while last nights team trained separately. Well it is only my opinion but there was more than one or two who played last night not as good as those two, the trialist included, and if his history is anything to go by, past demenours can be overlooked apparently if you like people.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 11, 2018, 12:54:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
Now a realistic starting eleven that stand a chance of challenging for mid table or above

Marosi or Lawlor
Mason
Wright or Anderson
Butler
Andrew or Amos

McCullough or Whiteman
?????
?????

Coppinger or Crawford
Marquis
Rowe or Crawford

For me the only players that will get us higher than mid table.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 11, 2018, 01:15:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
Selby whether your right or wrong about those two players, like all supporters views when it comes to picking the team. The manager made a decision for last nights game we all don’t have to agree or disagree. If they are still here after August 9th it’ll up to the manager to use them or find them short term loans elsewhere National league or below.

We need two more quality players in the centre midfield three we did last season we still do. Mandeville or Garrett will not fill those roles so getting off our books will free up wages.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 11, 2018, 01:41:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
tend to agree with Selby why get rid of Mandeville to bring in Taylor. Like steve says we need midfielders and number 9s can understand getting rid to bring those players in

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 11, 2018, 01:48:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
Midfield was our Achilles heel last season and we had Houghton and Kongolo to call on! This season we are 2 down before we even consider that both Copps and Rowe are unavailable. It’s an absolute no brainer that we are 2 quality players down in midfield and this needs sorting pronto.
It’s good that the manager has his system, which seems to be based on 4-3-3, but we simply don’t have the personnel to fit into it - yet!
Until he resolves this issue, we are worse than we were this time last pre-season!
Still some way to go yet, so fingers crossed.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 11, 2018, 02:07:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Not enough numbers, not enough variety, not enough creativity in midfield.

Who he solves this with is up to him but our midfield is not fit for purpose at present.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 11, 2018, 02:14:57 pm by roversam »
I remember Taylor when he was at Peterborough and he looked class. He's  very quick  and will shoot at every opportunity,  I personally  hope we sign him

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 11, 2018, 03:22:05 pm by DMnumber4 »
Not enough numbers, not enough variety, not enough creativity in midfield.

Who he solves this with is up to him but our midfield is not fit for purpose at present.

Maybe he's bringing himself out of retirement?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 11, 2018, 03:30:25 pm by selby »
 Last night Taylor did not look fit, did not look very good at all, and if the stories of drinking and other substances if true, personally I would not touch him with a barge pole.
  If he was that good he would still be at Bradford.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 11, 2018, 03:45:17 pm by raggytash »
What do you do when the pots dry, the boards putting fk all in, wouldn’t even help the Belles, look at them now loosing every player and close to folding, look at the dons, utter shite, no investment, this board talk a good game but look at the facts .... sooner Baldwin and co sooner the better...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 11, 2018, 03:56:00 pm by selby »
  Not getting into that Raggy, it's another argument, and one I disagree with you anyway.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 11, 2018, 04:05:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
We have been told that the club wants a top six finish. To achieve that we still need better players. The manager said publicly he has a very good budget. So it’s up to him and the CEO to get the players we need to achieve the clubs objective. I believe we need three more quality players and having watched Taylor last night he’s not one of them in my view.

What Chris says above is right so my message to GM and GB get on with it. That does not mean selling JM to get funds. He’s not for sales weve been told,  we build a top six side round him and then go and achieve the goal set.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 11, 2018, 04:08:33 pm by scawsby steve »
  He did Arksey, the stand out talent Danny Amos, Gibbons made two goals with his pace, the pass of the night McCollough for Mays goal, perfect.
   And if the trialist is  better than Mandeville, I am going to train as an astronaut.

Better start training now then, Brian; Ipswich paid one and a half million for Taylor; Mandeville will never fetch that much.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 11, 2018, 04:36:12 pm by selby »
  Great scouting that  Steve, I bet he still works for Ipswich. he played a total of 16 games for them scoring 1 goal ( an expensive one )  he had 3 loans out from Ipswich and failed to score in any over a period of three seasons according to Wiki.
  And that was when I suppose you could say he was at his best, young and athletic, something he is far from being at the moment by the look of him last night.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 11, 2018, 04:45:46 pm by Michael Shaw »
Can we just be realistic and honest and say that we will not have a top 6 place at the end of the season and at best be in the top half? That is all I ever ask. I hate unrealistic expectations that are not backed up by the signings we will get.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 11, 2018, 04:53:14 pm by Michael Shaw »
I have have never come on this forum and said Alcock, Baudry, Williams and Evina are all useless. Nor am I saying that Watters, Crawford or Taylor are not decent players, but I will say I don't feel they will push us into the top 6. They don't fill me with the sort of excitement that Billy Sharpe did.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 11, 2018, 05:05:04 pm by NickDRFC »
  Great scouting that  Steve, I bet he still works for Ipswich. he played a total of 16 games for them scoring 1 goal ( an expensive one )  he had 3 loans out from Ipswich and failed to score in any over a period of three seasons according to Wiki.
  And that was when I suppose you could say he was at his best, young and athletic, something he is far from being at the moment by the look of him last night.

When was the last time your favourite Mandeville looked athletic?

If Taylor’s not been training yet he’s not going to look in the best shape, he clearly has some ability so if we can harness it and keep him on the straight and narrow he could end up being a half decent player for us.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 11, 2018, 05:16:17 pm by swintonrover »
I have have never come on this forum and said Alcock, Baudry, Williams and Evina are all useless. Nor am I saying that Watters, Crawford or Taylor are not decent players, but I will say I don't feel they will push us into the top 6. They don't fill me with the sort of excitement that Billy Sharpe did.

But next to nobody does. Sharp is an entirely different kettle of fish. He's scored more football league goals than anybody currently playing.
People weren't exactly doing backflips when we signed Copps, or Stock, or O'Connor, or Marquis either, but they have been key players.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 11, 2018, 05:20:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm very excited about Crawford. Reckon he could be quality in League One.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 11, 2018, 05:26:21 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Andy Williams was a big signing at the time unfortunately it didn't work out in the long run

TinyPortal © 2005-2012