Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny belles  (Read 13414 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Donny belles
« on July 11, 2018, 06:52:38 pm by raggytash »
What’s going off here??? Nearly every 1st team member as gone, and from what I can gather are close to folding.... disgrace if that happens

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Donny belles
« Reply #1 on July 11, 2018, 07:55:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Go to many of their games, do you?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 11, 2018, 08:05:26 pm by since-1969 »
Do you ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 11, 2018, 08:10:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Do you ?

No, but then I'm not the one ranting about it being a disgrace.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 11, 2018, 08:11:36 pm by selby »
  The ladies game has grown, and moved on, unfortunately they have been left behind.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 11, 2018, 08:20:07 pm by Cantley Rover »
  The ladies game has grown, and moved on, unfortunately they have been left behind.

No the ladies game is now a play thing for rich clubs and the corrupt FA

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 11, 2018, 10:30:39 pm by Boomstick »
What you on about? It's not good is it !!!

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 12, 2018, 12:09:33 pm by Bezza »
great shame for the Belles, but its all about money now and they can`t compete.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 12, 2018, 12:51:55 pm by NickDRFC »

I’ve not been to a Belles game in years but I’m concerned about what’s going on. Should I not be allowed to be?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 12, 2018, 01:15:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I’ve not been to a Belles game in years but I’m concerned about what’s going on. Should I not be allowed to be?

I don't want anything bad to happen to the Belles either, I never said I did. I'm getting fed up of the OP using the Belles for yet another rant about something being a 'disgrace' when I'd be very surprised if he gives a f**k for them at all.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 12, 2018, 01:20:26 pm by VivaRovers »
I think you're being overly critical of the OP, Glyn.

I read the post as it being a disgrace if the Belles were to fold, and I certainly empathise with that. And that would be a disgrace that the FA has manipulated the women's game to suit the big money men's teams at the expense of the pioneering women's sides.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 12, 2018, 01:25:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I read the post as it being a disgrace if the Belles were to fold, and I certainly empathise with that. And that would be a disgrace that the FA has manipulated the women's game to suit the big money men's teams at the expense of the pioneering women's sides.

Possibly, but the pattern of his posting is well established. I was only surprised he hasn't already used it as a stick to beat the Board with.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 12, 2018, 03:06:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
A big problem has been that the women's game is getting more popular and the FA have egotistically decided it is primarily down to their changes. Whilst the changes may have some effect, there are other factors more important.

The Belles are being challenged over recent times with a series of effects from the FA's determined plan. This season showed how they can rise above that and I'm sure they will again. Keep the club ethos, keep the identity that's steeped in history, fight, and good will come.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 12, 2018, 03:19:10 pm by VivaRovers »
Mystery over... Belles have just announced they’re taking voluntary relegation and dropping to the National League (third tier).

Completely understandable in circumstances, but a crying shame

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 12, 2018, 03:38:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
What happened to them joining Club Doncaster?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 12, 2018, 04:10:41 pm by Cantley Rover »
It wouldn't surprise me if the Dons were next.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 12, 2018, 04:11:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Based on what?

Confirmed you are a WUM.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:15:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 12, 2018, 04:11:30 pm by RoversAlias »
Mystery over... Belles have just announced they’re taking voluntary relegation and dropping to the National League (third tier).

It really is awful, this. The FA has just ruined one of the greatest clubs in women's football history. It makes me quite angry and I hate that we can't really do anything about it.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 12, 2018, 04:18:05 pm by Cantley Rover »

Based on what?

Confirmed you are a WUM.

Based on the fact (oops wrong word) that they seem to be perennial strugglers and hardly anybody in Doncaster watches them.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 13, 2018, 12:25:36 pm by Bezza »
back to the Belles, the league management will be glad to get rid of them so they can promote Crystal Palace.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 13, 2018, 04:55:56 pm by phil old leake »
What is happening to the belles is a fxxxing disgrace.  Once the best team in England   Stuffed up and relegated    They should be part of club doncaster   Isn’t that what it’s about making doncaster somewhere to be proud of.   The way the belles are being excluded is a travesty. We  should all be angry and upset

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 13, 2018, 05:00:33 pm by RoversAlias »
Now today the new Man Utd team announce their whole squad including two regular England internationals. We know this is the way it's been going in the women's game and the powers that be have got their wish.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 13, 2018, 07:07:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

It really is awful, this. The FA has just ruined one of the greatest clubs in women's football history. It makes me quite angry and I hate that we can't really do anything about it.

Disgusted can i please have a refund on all those golden goals tickets i purchased  :rolleyes:
 remember they  are  the equivalent to the Notts County of womens football (oldest club)

perhaps we can have a documentary about their demize like the Dons

must be some womens activist website could sponsor the originalis womens football team

mums net etc -- dont ask dont get

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 13, 2018, 08:30:39 pm by Michael Shaw »
raffytash, you should have known Glyn_Wigley would destroy any intelligent comments in this thread. I think he is trying to drive everyone else off. He shows what a joke the VSC has become.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 13, 2018, 08:33:28 pm by Michael Shaw »
The Belles have been a great ambassador for Doncaster in women's football. Whether or not we have been to the games they have raised the profile of Doncaster and women's football.  The current situation is not doing either any good. I would have thought that was stating the obvious,   but obviously not to some.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 13, 2018, 08:39:06 pm by RedJ »
raffytash, you should have known Glyn_Wigley would destroy any intelligent comments in this thread.

raggytash has nothing to fear then

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 13, 2018, 08:49:18 pm by raggytash »
I’ve no issue with anyone, but they clearly asked club Doncaster for help and guidance... theve got not where, Dons are running level through sponsorship etc, club Doncaster again doing nothing, it’s obvious through fergies actions and the signings so far and reluctance to buy grant, something is clearly not right... if club Doncaster are that good why not back the belles??? The dons are static like they were year 5 year ago..... rovers have gone nowhere , it’s about time the board tell the truth or put up, if not sell up...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 13, 2018, 09:03:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Possibly, but the pattern of his posting is well established. I was only surprised he hasn't already used it as a stick to beat the Board with.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 13, 2018, 09:09:05 pm by RedJ »
You do realise that Club Doncaster can't force the Belles owners to sell to them don't you?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 13, 2018, 09:18:14 pm by raggytash »
Yes but they asked to be included in the club Doncaster set up and were palmed off, ask anyone at the dons there the same...

This board are a joke and until people wake up it’ll get worse.....

They’ve no intention of championship football whatsoever, if we had owners such as Fleetwood or Peterborough we’d be laughing, even Swann at scunny, so there was a five year plan for championship football??? Are you seriously kidding me??? It’s never happening and there’s less money.... for all those who disagree please show me where it’s gone??? Sooner this lot go the better....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012