Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:14:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny belles  (Read 13240 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Donny belles
« Reply #60 on July 14, 2018, 10:24:38 am by vaya »
Do you really belief that the club is financially supported only by the board and not the fans? You're crazy.

Nope, that's not going to get a bite.

Maybe if you took a run up?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 14, 2018, 10:25:07 am by Boomstick »
Just my opinion mate and stating facts, it’s a shame some people don’t like facts.... I can’t remember the last time we made a signing were supporters think.... fk me we mean business!! It’s turning into the same old.... scrape the barrel and cut costs wherever possible.....
Think it was probably billy Sharp, incidentally when john ryan was still here

And who's money brought in Billy Sharp?
we both know.
But it wasn't like JR held a gun to every board members head and forced the signing of sharp was it?
it was a collective decision, helped along with the enthusiasm, leadership and ambition of JR.
Now we no longer have that, at the very best the club is just about treading water.

It's easy to be ambitious with other peoples money.
aye, who would have thought a chairman of a board to have ambition!
it was still a collective decision, that required ambition.
something we now sorely lack, this club HAS gone backwards since JR left.

there's no GENUINE ambition, drive or direction.
Just apparent apathy.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 14, 2018, 10:25:53 am by Michael Shaw »
SM, you are a deluded as Donald Trump.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 14, 2018, 10:25:59 am by DonnyOsmond »
I think we need a new fans alliance for DRFC where the fans have a voice instead of a site that just pedals the party line driven by the board.

What message would they send? We want you to spend more money of yours on our club every year than the 2 million we unthankfully receive yearly.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 14, 2018, 10:26:37 am by NickDRFC »
SM - it's worth remembering that John Ryan put a huge amount of his own money into the Rovers for years before the KM2 came on board, a far higher proportion of his personal fortune than anyone else has put in. His money just couldn't go far enough once we got to the top end of League One.

Why does it so often come to this though? It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone or Groundhog Day. On one side certain posters harking back to how amazing John Ryan was through tinted specs, and then certain others sniping about him in response. I think I'd rather read page after page about the budget...

Mind you I'm just as bad given my opening comment here.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 14, 2018, 10:29:49 am by Boomstick »
Who's money is it? Is it not the fans that buy the kit, and the fans who pay for season tickets, and the fans that go to the matches? But are not expected to have any say because the board and VSC are always right.

The fans aren't plugging the £2m deficit that we operate under every year are they?
So how come the vsc are sponsoring the youth team?
that speaks volumes.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 14, 2018, 10:39:54 am by Michael Shaw »
Ok let's look forward instead of the happy Championship days. The first 6 games we have are  Southend, Wycombe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth and Peterborough. I'll guess at 6 points max from those games and you can quote me.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 14, 2018, 10:40:38 am by vaya »
Ok let's look forward instead of the happy Championship days. The first 6 games we have are  Southend, Wycombe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth and Peterborough. I'll guess at 6 points max from those games and you can quote me.

Ta.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 14, 2018, 10:45:40 am by silent majority »
SM - it's worth remembering that John Ryan put a huge amount of his own money into the Rovers for years before the KM2 came on board, a far higher proportion of his personal fortune than anyone else has put in. His money just couldn't go far enough once we got to the top end of League One.

Why does it so often come to this though? It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone or Groundhog Day. On one side certain posters harking back to how amazing John Ryan was through tinted specs, and then certain others sniping about him in response. I think I'd rather read page after page about the budget...

You'll have to forgive me, I can't see where I mentioned John Ryan at all.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 14, 2018, 10:46:08 am by Michael Shaw »
Fans won't spend more money at the club, they will spend less if they feel there is no sincere drive and ambition in the club backed up by players that are to the job. Fans can't be expected to go and watch us lose. If they need another 1,00 fans through the door to break even then don't bring in castoffs, drunks and addicts. We averaged a little over 8,000 at home last season I expect it will be nearer 7,000 next season if we don't get off to a better start than 6 points from 6 games.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 14, 2018, 10:49:28 am by Michael Shaw »
The first 6 games will set the tone for the season (even McCann has said that himself). Look again - Southend, Wycombe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth and Peterborough ....  Only Wycombe is a likely win.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 14, 2018, 10:49:53 am by Boomstick »

you did in a roundabout way. more thinly veiled criticism for him.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:57:37 am by Boomstick »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 14, 2018, 10:52:17 am by silent majority »

you do in a roundabout way. more thinly veiled criticism for him.

I don't have to thinly veil anything. If I wish to be critical of the man I will do.

But you keep sucking up to him, it suits you.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 14, 2018, 10:53:17 am by vaya »
Fans won't spend more money at the club, they will spend less if they feel there is no sincere drive and ambition in the club backed up by players that are to the job. Fans can't be expected to go and watch us lose. If they need another 1,00 fans through the door to break even then don't bring in castoffs, drunks and addicts. We averaged a little over 8,000 at home last season I expect it will be nearer 7,000 next season if we don't get off to a better start than 6 points from 6 games.

Attendances you say....

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 14, 2018, 10:56:27 am by Michael Shaw »
vaya, I am proud of you. You have progressed from 1 word in your last post to 3 in this one. Even a one year old can string together more than that.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 14, 2018, 11:00:21 am by Boomstick »

you do in a roundabout way. more thinly veiled criticism for him.

I don't have to thinly veil anything. If I wish to be critical of the man I will do.

But you keep sucking up to him, it suits you.

please, criticise away .....

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 14, 2018, 11:03:34 am by vaya »
vaya, I am proud of you. You have progressed from 1 word in your last post to 3 in this one. Even a one year old can string together more than that.

Nope, still not going to work.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 14, 2018, 11:40:33 am by Michael Shaw »
6, wow you're improving.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 14, 2018, 11:48:18 am by vaya »
6, wow you're improving.

And you're just proving my point every time you reply.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 14, 2018, 11:55:12 am by raggytash »
Michael Shaw you speak sense mate, remember half of the people on here are like the masons mate....

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 14, 2018, 12:16:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
At every  meet-the-owners  meeting the board will admit they are businessmen and not football fans. The only football fans we had were John Ryan and Dick Watson. Both have now gone, and naturally Dick's shares have gone to Andrew but that does not mean Andrew is as committed to the club or as much of as fan as his dad was.
So the board has lost the passion for football and we are left with the businessmen.
Sure we are unlikely to go into liquidation, but if the businessmen can still making money out of Rovers in League Two why should they care?
No doubt you will castigate my comments. I don't care because plenty of fans (loyal to DRFC and not the board, manager or players) out there will know I am right.

How much money are the businessmen making out of Rovers? I thought it was the other way round.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 14, 2018, 12:19:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I think we need a new fans alliance for DRFC where the fans have a voice instead of a site that just pedals the party line driven by the board.

There's the Doncaster Rovers Supporters' Group.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:21:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 14, 2018, 12:55:17 pm by RedJ »

Attendances you say....

It isn't him, is it? :laugh:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 14, 2018, 01:02:21 pm by vaya »

Attendances you say....

It isn't him, is it? :laugh:

It's definitely somebody. Possibly a case for Saunders PI.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 14, 2018, 01:03:13 pm by graingrover »
I doubt if anyone interested in reading about Bellrs will get hear sonce there has been a huge diversio' on the thread but ..Belles decision is wise .They opt out of the FA strategy for the womens' game to clone that of the men .. heavy money from the big club names.
I hope Belles will become a Club Doncaster full member and run a Donny only Community club developing players from the Donny region only releasing them to the Premiership when ready.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 14, 2018, 01:08:11 pm by Bollinger »

Off you go then.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 14, 2018, 01:16:19 pm by Cantley Rover »

Oh please...... Try and keep up to date.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on July 14, 2018, 01:26:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Oh please...... Try and keep up to date.

I haven't been following them, but I thought they were next big thing among dissastisfied Rovers fans?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 14, 2018, 01:48:02 pm by bpoolrover »
You can't really judge how many points we will get out of them 6 games we might sign more players yet, you also don't no the quality of players the said 6 teams have made, wait till nearer time mate we might just do better than you think

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 14, 2018, 03:21:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The attendance last year was the best we've had at this level for many years. That's progress, and it's this board that have overseen that. That's a fact.

Whilst I understand your anxiety, that's part of being a footy fan and fine for you to express that, but let's keep it in perspective and not lump on the negative. We can see what comes  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012