Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:13:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thoughts on McCann’s new players?  (Read 33025 times)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Thoughts on McCann’s new players?
« on July 11, 2018, 09:51:50 pm by Paul Simpson »
Is it just me or is the reason fergie left becoming justified with the budget ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Thoughts on McCann’s new players?
« Reply #1 on July 11, 2018, 09:57:20 pm by keith79 »
You saying these new players are w**k?.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 11, 2018, 09:58:44 pm by IDM »
Is it just me or is the reason fergie left becoming justified with the budget ?

No, how much longer is the transfer window open?

Let’s wait a bit longer to judge, perhaps??

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 11, 2018, 10:01:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We've signed a quality player from Scotland and a pacey young striker, who doesn't have loads of experience but we'll see how he does. After signing just 2 players isn't it a bit too early to judge?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 11, 2018, 10:05:39 pm by drfchound »
Let’s look again after the first week in August.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 11, 2018, 10:06:43 pm by Paul Simpson »
I’m not convinced. I’m sure fergie had much better players in mind . All cheap options imo . I thought we would be looking for a decent striker ? But no clearly the new manager has agreed cheap options are the way to go !  We’ve lost a decent manager imo and replaced him with a bloke who agrees with the clubs cheap way of achieving very little.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 11, 2018, 10:10:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I’m not convinced. I’m sure fergie had much better players in mind . All cheap options imo . I thought we would be looking for a decent striker ? But no clearly the new manager has agreed cheap options are the way to go !  We’ve lost a decent manager imo and replaced him with a bloke who agrees with the clubs cheap way of achieving very little.

We've signed 2 players! Who says we aren't looking for a decent striker?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 11, 2018, 10:10:35 pm by IDM »

Can you give me Saturdays lottery numbers please?

How do you know Fergie had better players in mind, how do you know the new man is only going for cheap options??

Let’s see what the next 4 weeks bring, never mind the actual games.!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 11, 2018, 10:11:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Is it really only twelve days since you posted this..?

All doom and gloom. How about getting behind our club , manager and the boys!!! ⚽️ Rtid

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 11, 2018, 10:11:50 pm by drfchound »

Why have we achieved very little.
The season hasn’t even started yet.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 11, 2018, 10:13:29 pm by Paul Simpson »
Oh and what happened to this manager working with the existing back room staff? Complete garbage! Strachan gone and russ Wilcox too! Let’s have some honesty Drfc!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 11, 2018, 10:15:26 pm by IDM »
Oh and what happened to this manager working with the existing back room staff? Complete garbage! Strachan gone and russ Wilcox too! Let’s have some honesty Drfc!!!

If you fell into a barrel of tits, would you come out sucking your thumb?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 11, 2018, 10:18:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

All doom and gloom. How about getting behind our club , manager and the boys!!! ⚽️ Rtid

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 11, 2018, 10:25:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
Russ Wilcox was at the match last night in his Rovers Kit so when did he leave?

GM has signed two players their quality can only be judged when we see them play.

Now he must sign at least two quality players for the central three as said before today we do not have enough of top league 1 quality for those positions.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 11, 2018, 10:40:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
Thoughts on McCann's new players was the question, not let's rip into someone else's opinion rather than give your own.

Me? Verdict is out. I haven't a scooby about either player, but what I do know is we are woefully short of quality in midfield and I thought that would have been the new manager's first signing and where we could have made a statement of our intent this coming season. Still time but the clock is ticking down.

If we don't get what we need, you had better put the crash helmets on, as what conclusions is everyone supposed to come to?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:54:56 pm by Alan Southstand »

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 11, 2018, 10:45:27 pm by karlos »
Two quality players, one of them from Scotland not saying he isn't going to be good but just remember Curtis main looks good in Scotland the top division in Scotland is poor compared to English football.
Next the striker sorry forgot his name who played for Bradford last year injury prone and a liability is this the kind of player to bring on the younger ones?? And then last but not least a unproven striker from Leeds why not give one of our own unproven youth players a chance. Hope I'm wrong but not much to impress me here.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 11, 2018, 10:49:58 pm by IDM »
Alan, how do you know the manager isn’t looking for quality on midfield as a priority?  Maybe some deals conclude quicker than others?

My only gripe is with fans jumping to conclusions when there are weeks left to sign more players..

I don’t mind different opinions on the individual players, but for the squad as a whole, let’s wait and see?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 11, 2018, 10:56:41 pm by Alan Southstand »
IDM, how do you know he is?

Answer the op's question. I've given my opinion.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 11, 2018, 10:57:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
IDM the manager said today

"I’ve already spoken to the right people and am excited to have signed Ali Crawford and Mallik Wilks, and may have more additions before the start of the season."

I, like you, hope that may is will.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 11, 2018, 11:00:54 pm by scawsby steve »

Careful Alan, you'll get ripped to pieces on here if your opinion is different to the general consensus.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 11, 2018, 11:01:14 pm by karlos »
If this is the only signings to come then I hope I'm wrong but we have a long season ahead!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 11, 2018, 11:01:40 pm by IDM »
Alan you gave an opinion on what the manager’s priorities should be.. that’s fair enough, but all I was saying is no one knows that he is or isn’t trying to sign such players..

As for the OP, no one on here knows the budget so anything about that is only speculation.. don’t you think it is better to wait until the window closes to make considered conclusions on the squad and the manager’s progress??

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 11, 2018, 11:03:22 pm by pib »
The bloke's only been in the job two weeks. Let's see where we are in a month.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 11, 2018, 11:05:39 pm by IDM »

Careful Alan, you'll get ripped to pieces on here if your opinion is different to the general consensus.

Questioning someone’s opinion or disagreeing with their point of view - with reasons - isn’t ripping them to pieces.

At the moment some posters are criticising the signings to date, as if there are to be no more.. my thought is let’s wait and see what we end up with, before making such conclusions?

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 11, 2018, 11:06:58 pm by karlos »
Ok so if there were no more signings and I hope there is  what would people's thoughts be who are saying wait till the transfer window closes?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 11, 2018, 11:09:53 pm by IDM »
If there are no more signings at all, it would be a worry that the squad isn’t good enough..

That in itself proves nothing about the budget, potentially players may decide not to sign for other reasons.

I would be very surprised and concerned if the manager thought the squad was complete now..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 11, 2018, 11:10:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
I gave an opinion about his, so far, two signings! Do you only read what you want to read so you can snipe back?

My thoughts stand on where we are, presently. Who knows what will happen next, but nothing I've read today has given me much confidence that the manager's quoted 'very very competitive budget' is going to bear fruit.

Patience is a great attribute to have, I am well aware of that, and I am prepared to wait a little longer to see if and when we are going to sign the quality we seriously need, if we are to get anywhere near our stated aims.

Currently, we are 2 quality midfield players down and still over reliant on JM.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 11, 2018, 11:11:06 pm by Michael Shaw »
At this stage I will throw my hat in with you karlos.

But then you should know how this site always works. If you say you are disappointed now they will say wait until the window is closed to see who we get. If you wait until the window is closed they will say give the team a chance until the Xmas window. If we are in a relegation battle all season they will say wait until the very last game, and then when we get relegated they will say it is all history now and we should be looking to next season.......

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 11, 2018, 11:13:48 pm by Michael Shaw »
Alan, I agree and I think we have been very patient in the hope that something great might happen. But we are still waiting. Maybe what we are seeing now id what Fergie saw would happen.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 11, 2018, 11:17:52 pm by karlos »
Micheal Shaw couldn't agree with you more and that's why I hope I'm wrong in thinking this may be all we have to come.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012