Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:12:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thoughts on McCann’s new players?  (Read 33455 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Thoughts on McCann’s new players?
« Reply #300 on July 19, 2018, 07:04:42 pm by RedJ »
So in answer to the question no you don't know that for a fact you've just decided.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on July 19, 2018, 07:37:18 pm by dickos1 »
The first season  he oversaw the worst change in fortune I have seen at this club. his change of tactics, his change of our attacking personal and his continual ignoring  of certain players at his disposal cost us relegation.
  In his second season he blew a championship season in the last seven games, when persisting with picking the player on loan from Everton, Mason, and Alcock who were all completely out of form, and in Alcock's case not even match fit, and his substitutions at Hartlepool when all we needed a result, not only changed 3 players, but went through a load of positional changes completely losing our shape. And again had it in publicly with certain players who were ignored.
  Last season leaving players out again, being reluctant to play Baudry when available, playing players in positions they struggle with, man management, persisting with a goalkeeper 6 ft  4ins who did not come off his line, costing us points.
  He was a great club organiser, shook the system up on the playing side from top to bottom, made many improvements at the club behind the scenes, as a team manager it is my opinion only of course, but I think he was pretty average, as a man manager again average. Of course some would respond to him, but having talked to a couple of parents of some of our younger players, he could be soul destroying, and not the person he portrayed publicly lets say.
  He had had his time here, I thank him for a promotion, for his determination to shake the club up in the background, but we should not have had to come back from relegation, and his resignation came when for the first time in three seasons he felt slighted by the board with regard to finance, the tail cannot be seen to shake the dog, so time to go.
   The question that  should be asked about the budget is, did we give him too much money for the return from his efforts compared to managers at say Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Exeter, Accrington in the time he was here? and was it a sign of petulance or even resignation he could not work without being able to splash the cash?

He oversaw two massive changes in fortune in his first season, as he took a side in the relegation zone upto the top 10 and then he took them from the top 10 back to the relegation zone.

Aye, he took them back into the relegation zone after taking them well out of it. And if you recall you called for him to be sacked, as well.

I’ve just said that 🙄

And don’t just follow everything your mate says, I never called for him to be sacked at all.
I was asked if we didn’t get any points from the Easter games should he be sacked and I said yes.

Not really calling for him to be sacked is it

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #302 on July 19, 2018, 07:38:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So you honestly think if we got 1.5 million + that we would spend the majority on players get a grip

Yes. Because nobody - including you - knows anything to the contrary.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on July 19, 2018, 07:56:02 pm by Danmckay456 »
I’d be delighted if we did invest in some players don’t get me wrong we’ve had more better players come in than bad ones over the last few seasons but the higher up you go you need some investment on players rather than untried and players who can’t perform week in week out

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on July 19, 2018, 07:57:13 pm by RedJ »
The first season  he oversaw the worst change in fortune I have seen at this club. his change of tactics, his change of our attacking personal and his continual ignoring  of certain players at his disposal cost us relegation.
  In his second season he blew a championship season in the last seven games, when persisting with picking the player on loan from Everton, Mason, and Alcock who were all completely out of form, and in Alcock's case not even match fit, and his substitutions at Hartlepool when all we needed a result, not only changed 3 players, but went through a load of positional changes completely losing our shape. And again had it in publicly with certain players who were ignored.
  Last season leaving players out again, being reluctant to play Baudry when available, playing players in positions they struggle with, man management, persisting with a goalkeeper 6 ft  4ins who did not come off his line, costing us points.
  He was a great club organiser, shook the system up on the playing side from top to bottom, made many improvements at the club behind the scenes, as a team manager it is my opinion only of course, but I think he was pretty average, as a man manager again average. Of course some would respond to him, but having talked to a couple of parents of some of our younger players, he could be soul destroying, and not the person he portrayed publicly lets say.
  He had had his time here, I thank him for a promotion, for his determination to shake the club up in the background, but we should not have had to come back from relegation, and his resignation came when for the first time in three seasons he felt slighted by the board with regard to finance, the tail cannot be seen to shake the dog, so time to go.
   The question that  should be asked about the budget is, did we give him too much money for the return from his efforts compared to managers at say Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Exeter, Accrington in the time he was here? and was it a sign of petulance or even resignation he could not work without being able to splash the cash?

He oversaw two massive changes in fortune in his first season, as he took a side in the relegation zone upto the top 10 and then he took them from the top 10 back to the relegation zone.

Aye, he took them back into the relegation zone after taking them well out of it. And if you recall you called for him to be sacked, as well.

I’ve just said that 🙄

And don’t just follow everything your mate says, I never called for him to be sacked at all.
I was asked if we didn’t get any points from the Easter games should he be sacked and I said yes.

Not really calling for him to be sacked is it

Literally the same thing, considering we did get no points from Easter...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #305 on July 19, 2018, 11:34:19 pm by dickos1 »
Answering a question is not calling for him to be sacked is it?
At the end of the season I was one of the minority that wanted him to stay and we were proven right.
The problem was people didn’t want Ferguson from day one and they couldn’t get over this throughout his tenure even when he was doing well.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #306 on July 19, 2018, 11:46:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Let’s call a spade a spade. You wanted him gone and then (which many would see as honourable) you changed your mind and then defended him to the absolute hilt.

That he was effectively sacked for underperforming budget and expectations, should not diminish your previous Damascene conversion from wanting him to go, to wanting him to stay.

Have the courage of your (first set) of convictions!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #307 on July 20, 2018, 06:37:13 am by dickos1 »
Never wanted him gone I’m afraid.
No matter how many times you say it comrade, it doesn’t make it true.
You didn’t want him from day one and struggled to come to terms with it, hence the reason why you’ve never been able to support him for 3 years even when we were doing well.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on July 20, 2018, 07:52:16 am by Filo »
One things for sure if marquis does get sold they won’t free much up for McCann to spend on the squad

Are you the new Director of Finance?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on July 20, 2018, 08:14:11 am by Cantley Rover »
One things for sure if marquis does get sold they won’t free much up for McCann to spend on the squad

Are you the new Public Relations Director 😏

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on July 20, 2018, 11:20:50 am by Filo »

Are you the new Public Relations Director 😏

No, I thought I'd made that clear the other day when you thought I was 😜

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on July 22, 2018, 09:25:29 pm by ravenrover »
And now it looks like he might be looking for def mid, according to Liam Holden, but won't be held to ransome

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #312 on July 23, 2018, 11:30:45 am by Glyn_Wigley »
And now it looks like he might be looking for def mid, according to Liam Holden, but won't be held to ransome

Is this the same Liam Hoden whose article people held up as proving there was going to be no more transfer activity?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #313 on July 23, 2018, 11:32:12 am by DonnyOsmond »

Is this the same Liam Hoden whose article people held up as proving there was going to be no more transfer activity?

He can only report what he's told...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #314 on July 23, 2018, 11:33:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

You do know he doesn't make the news but reports what he's given?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on July 23, 2018, 11:35:29 am by Cantley Rover »

He can only report what he's told...

Or more that some people are selective in what they want to believe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012