Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandeville to Morecambe  (Read 5784 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Mandeville to Morecambe
« Reply #30 on July 13, 2018, 08:19:25 pm by RedJ »
Might want to get signed up now then.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 13, 2018, 08:24:23 pm by selby »
   Are you game for a bet then Redj, you seem confident, its for a good cause.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 13, 2018, 08:33:53 pm by selby »
  Rj , I could accept that statement if we were not giving a trial to a 30 yr old who has a drink problem, and has been drummed out of a club because of it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 13, 2018, 10:16:08 pm by The Red Baron »
  If he is the next Brian Dean ( another I was ridiculed for thinking he had it) you lot had better watch out he he,
  If he is Fairhurst you will find me on the Barnsley or Rotherham forum.

I'm serious about that. He doesn't strike me as the sort who will be a lower league journeyman. He'll either get his head down at Morecambe and do wonders or he'll be out of the game in a couple of years.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 13, 2018, 10:29:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
Missed a penalty tonight!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 14, 2018, 07:43:54 am by Alickismyhero »
Selby, I am more than willing to match your bet if you get more takers.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 14, 2018, 09:12:58 am by selby »
  Alick, I don't think many have got the courage of their own convictions.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 14, 2018, 10:28:18 am by RedJ »
No, because it's an unfair bet. He's in a lower division so he's got a better chance of scoring more goals, and you know it. Nothing in the world is ever going to convince you that he just isn't that good because he can't be arsed to use his talent, is it?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 14, 2018, 11:16:15 am by DonnyOsmond »
Missed a penalty tonight!

That doesn't make a bad player though. Messi missed one last week.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 14, 2018, 03:23:28 pm by selby »
  Sounds like someone with a heart like a pea to me Rj  all wind and piss comes to mind.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 14, 2018, 03:48:54 pm by NickDRFC »
“Heart like a pea” could be a pretty fitting description of Mandeville.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 14, 2018, 03:59:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Just a minute, he had half a season at Colchester didn't he and what did he prove there - that he could sit on a bench?
That's unfairly harsh. I recall that when he went there it was to replace an injured striker, but the injury didn't come to anything so he was always down the pecking order. Yes, he could have worked his way into the side but he was always up against the situation.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 14, 2018, 04:22:47 pm by selby »
  Another one who might go with his convictions Nick, surly a player with no effort or heart is worth betting against Nick, or are you in the same mould as the others, more rattle than substance?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 14, 2018, 04:28:53 pm by NickDRFC »
I’ve no interest in making a bet - I’m just incredibly bored of your posts in defence of a player who has done nothing for us of note in recent time despite having a raft of chances. He may well be a success at Morecambe - in fact I hope he is, as we could potentially recall and get him playing well for us or instead get something for him when he leaves next summer.

I don’t want to make a bet with you because a) I have better things to spend £50 on and b) the odds are in your favour as the players you’ve suggested for Rovers are playing in a higher league, and either don’t play as out and out strikers or aren’t likely to play week in, week out, or both. If you think that means I have a heart like a pea then that’s your prerogative, but you and I obviously have different measures of things like that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:32:37 pm by NickDRFC »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 14, 2018, 04:36:17 pm by drfchound »
Has anyone ever thought that Mandeville isn't/wasn't as good as was believed, or good enough to carve out a long and sustained career in professional football?

He never asked for expectation to be put on his shoulders so it's not his fault that he can't live up to hype/expectations. All he can do is try his best - if that gets him somewhere then good on him, but it might have been more beneficial in the long-term if, inadvertently, expectations went so high because of his early promise.

Well I never bought into the Mandeville hype.
Yes, he did have a decent little run of games in the team but to my mind he never really showed enough consistently.
The lad is a decent finisher but he needs to add much more to his game and I am not sure he has it in him.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:16:51 pm by drfchound »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 14, 2018, 04:56:35 pm by selby »
  Nick, for every post I have made you and other keyboard warriors have made a derogative post about Mandeville, some have just been downright offensive so I responded.
 You have had quick fingers, typed things that suited your argument, Now you are saying the players you championed last season will not be in the team this season.
  It has been said he has a bad attitude, is not good enough to play league football, and three managers cannot be wrong, he is a drinker, all on this thread, and I am giving any of you the chance to back your convictions. Hearts like a pea.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 14, 2018, 05:09:48 pm by RedJ »
He. Will. Be. Playing. In. A. Lower. Division.

He's bound to have more chances to score more goals if he's against worse defenders. That's assuming he can impress enough in training to even get onto the pitch.

I remember you vociferously backing Harry Middleton, look where his career has gone.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 14, 2018, 05:17:26 pm by NickDRFC »
Selby, it's clear that you are very entrenched in your opinion. My opinion on Mandeville is very simple:

- He showed initial promise coming through
- He has failed to build on that promise under Ferguson and a loan spell at Colchester
- McCann has come in and decided he's not worth a place in the first team squad at this time so sent him on loan
- I hope he succeeds on loan and either comes back to win a first team place or gets us some money in and continues his career elsewhere

My opinion on your bet is also pretty simple:
- I never bet amounts anywhere near that size and have things I'd rather spend £50 on
- Kiwomya is a winger, Beestin isn't an out and out striker and I don't think May will play all that often (nor do I rate him particularly highly).
- Mandeville is playing in a league lower, playing against poorer defences, and is more of an out and out striker so has a good chance of outscoring all of them

If you think that making a bet makes you such a brave man, I suggest you get some odds on Mandeville being League Two's top scorer and have a wager on that. Then you can come waving your winnings in all these cowards' faces afterwards.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 14, 2018, 05:53:07 pm by selby »
  Can agree with most of that Nick, quite an interesting take that on Fergies tenure, Playing two of the players out of position, you can add Blair, Mason, Rowe, and in the last few games Houghton to that particular list, and Alfie May will not play many games.
  Let's hope all three impress you more this season, as well as Mandeville at Morcombe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012