Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:38:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budgets  (Read 6702 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Budgets
« Reply #30 on July 12, 2018, 09:02:45 pm by silent majority »
Silent majority then explain GM comments he thinks business is done. And Ferguson's real reasons for leaving if Gavin tells you everything!

Did I say Gavin tells me everything?

I haven't seen the comments by GM. I've seen what people have put on here and my take on it is that he said he'd be happy to go with what he's got. That doesn't mean business is done. That's the interpretation that people like you have turned it into.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 12, 2018, 09:06:26 pm by elmsallrover »
It's ok when people tell others to stop moaning but football is not cheap to attend now so I think people do have a right to moan when we are not being told the whole truth. People would accept it more if they told us there was no increase or the budget has been reduced.
totally agree

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 12, 2018, 09:11:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So Ferguson's real reason for leaving is???

I don't now. He's never said as far as I know. I've certainly not seen him directly quoted as saying why, and no direct quote from him blaming the budget.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 12, 2018, 09:17:14 pm by ravenrover »
OddsChecker have us lower down the table for promotion than last season, in fact not far above the drop zone. At least some signings are starting to drift through and we can only hope there is plenty still in the pot for the good stuff to compete near the top. If that's the end then maybe it's time to follow Barnsley instead as Rovers aren't worth the effort!
👋👋

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 12, 2018, 09:21:33 pm by the vicar »
All this arguing about. The budget, at least give it till the window closes then if not enough quality signing have been done then it is your right to moan, im not happy with business so far, but I can't moan or praise till it is officially over

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 12, 2018, 09:31:10 pm by karlos »
Ok I'll agree to give it till the transfer window shuts and if I am wrong I'll hold my hands up but if no improvements are made will people like silent majority hold there hands up to, oh and buy the way silent majority my neme is not YOU have the respect to call somebody by there forum name as I have.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 12, 2018, 09:34:44 pm by silent majority »
Ok I'll agree to give it till the transfer window shuts and if I am wrong I'll hold my hands up but if no improvements are made will people like silent majority hold there hands up to, oh and buy the way silent majority my neme is not YOU have the respect to call somebody by there forum name as I have.

What am I supposed to hold my hands up to? I haven't made any claims that I need to be accountable for.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 12, 2018, 09:35:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Reality is some people have made their minds up already and even if we make some really good signings it will be "too late in the window" and that will be the go to never ending moan of the time.

If we do well i really hope the people not giving us a chance are able to just enjoy it rather than find a new fixation to bemoan.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 12, 2018, 09:38:42 pm by karlos »
Hold your hands up to listening to what Gavin says all the time when it is quite obvious that the budget has not been spent on recruitment to make the team move forward

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 12, 2018, 09:45:31 pm by karlos »
Rovers fans I really hope I am wrong and will not be scared to say I am, but I can't help but feel we are being lied to. This site is excellent for discussions and that is what it is all about and hopefully we will all still be there cheering the side on at the start of the season. So on that note I will leave it there and wish everybody well let the season be a good one and last but not least let the rovers prevail.

Rovers till I die.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 12, 2018, 09:51:08 pm by silent majority »
Hold your hands up to listening to what Gavin says all the time when it is quite obvious that the budget has not been spent on recruitment to make the team move forward

In all the years I've known Gavin, and through the hundreds, if not thousands of conversations we've had, he's never misled or lied to me once. Not once.

But Karlos, you're making up your own facts by stating that the budget has been spent when you have no knowledge or proof that is the position.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 12, 2018, 09:56:11 pm by keith79 »
He was dog shi

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 12, 2018, 09:59:10 pm by Boomstick »
Rovers fans I really hope I am wrong and will not be scared to say I am, but I can't help but feel we are being lied to. This site is excellent for discussions and that is what it is all about and hopefully we will all still be there cheering the side on at the start of the season. So on that note I will leave it there and wish everybody well let the season be a good one and last but not least let the rovers prevail.

Rovers till I die.
Karlos, if you said this last summer or even a few months ago people would be jumping down your neck and telling you how great the board are.
however, tgere seems to be a complete lack of that, which makes me think that people may be are realising that the budget isn't as good as it's claimed to be.

I personally agree with you, but hoped to be surprised by some new quality signings we sorely need. 

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 12, 2018, 10:04:29 pm by karlos »
Silent majority if my comments were fact then that implies I am correct if I am making them up then it would be fiction so which am I doing. Be clear to us all if you are in the know and from your thousands of conversations what is the facts why did Ferguson leave and what is the budget I challenge you to convince me. You are supposedly the voice between supporters and the club so let the supporters know the truth of what is happening with our club.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:06:48 pm by karlos »

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 12, 2018, 10:09:06 pm by Rovers Return »
Silent majority you my friend are a yes man and believe anything the club tells you show me where without saying the club told me so the budget has been spent ? wages increase with new contracts so with the acception of wright and coppinger has the wage bill increased.wake up man

Karlos you certainly don’t know Silent at all. 😂 A yes man is definitely, definitely, definitely not what he is. I’m gob smacked, amused but baffled all at the same time. If a yes man is ‘chalk’ then silent is cheese. 😂😂😂😂

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 12, 2018, 10:58:31 pm by Filo »
Every chairman of the VSC has been subject to the same allegations

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 13, 2018, 08:03:41 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Silent majority if my comments were fact then that implies I am correct if I am making them up then it would be fiction so which am I doing. Be clear to us all if you are in the know and from your thousands of conversations what is the facts why did Ferguson leave and what is the budget I challenge you to convince me. You are supposedly the voice between supporters and the club so let the supporters know the truth of what is happening with our club.

I'd go for fiction.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 13, 2018, 08:18:57 am by since-1969 »
Let's all be honest GM has now said his recruitment is almost done. So what kind of budget was it? Some top earners have left the club plus others. we have had very few players in to replace them so I would imagine there has been money saved on players so where has the budget been spent as far as I can see we haven't spent any more than what we were paying last year.
Our problem as supporters that were all treated like mushrooms ( kept in dark
And fed sh**) but they do forget that what happens on the pitch often reflects the level of budget . So it will be the results that count and GM will all to aware of that. 

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 13, 2018, 08:54:34 am by idler »
Let's all be honest GM has now said his recruitment is almost done. So what kind of budget was it? Some top earners have left the club plus others. we have had very few players in to replace them so I would imagine there has been money saved on players so where has the budget been spent as far as I can see we haven't spent any more than what we were paying last year.
Our problem as supporters that were all treated like mushrooms ( kept in dark
And fed sh**) but they do forget that what happens on the pitch often reflects the level of budget . So it will be the results that count and GM will all to aware of that. 
I think that fans of all clubs could say the same.
I personally don't want to know the intricacies of running a professional team. I want to go to a game and see eleven players hopefully playing well and entertaining us whilst giving their all for the team.
We can voice our displeasure if it goes wrong but it is up to people that know more than us fans to get us there.
The negativity about the place will get everybody down in the end. A couple of good solid signings would put this right but for all we know they might be being negotiated now.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 13, 2018, 09:01:45 am by Michael Shaw »
Many Rovers fans make a considerable commitment when they throw their hard earned cash into season tickets. Not only for themselves but other members of their family as well. I wonder how many of these fans really feel they are getting value for money out of the club based on what players we have seen leave, compared to what we have seen come in.

So far I am not yet happy as I know how tough this next season will be, but that is only my personal feeling and I am entitled to it.

I wonder how many fans would ask for a refund if they could.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 13, 2018, 09:12:12 am by Michael Shaw »
Season tickets are paid for before we see how the club spends the money. We have high hopes that we will have some exciting players come in that gives us the excitement to want to see the season kick off. I don’t feel confident that we are going to kick butt, I just feel apprehensive and that we will be embarrassed and give more cannon folder to our local rivals who are watching us. Living in Sheffield I know what my Blades and Owls mates think of Rovers. And I’m sure Barnsley fans hardly look at us with envy.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 13, 2018, 09:14:24 am by RedJ »
Why do people here seem to think we should be more privy to information than fans at any other club? genuine question, because I'd wager we know an awful lot more about the inner workings of the club than many other fans do.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 13, 2018, 09:19:00 am by vaya »
Season tickets are paid for before we see how the club spends the money. We have high hopes that we will have some exciting players come in that gives us the excitement to want to see the season kick off. I don’t feel confident that we are going to kick butt, I just feel apprehensive and that we will be embarrassed and give more cannon folder to our local rivals who are watching us. Living in Sheffield I know what my Blades and Owls mates think of Rovers. And I’m sure Barnsley fans hardly look at us with envy.

Barnsley, you say...

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 13, 2018, 09:21:56 am by Michael Shaw »
Guys, ignoring all the bickering, do you really feel that anything we have seen so far makes you feel confident we will be trouncing most clubs in league one and taking a top 6 slot? No doubt you will say "of course" but I don't see how you can see what I don't.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 13, 2018, 09:25:30 am by Michael Shaw »
Vaya, Thanks for your well-constructed and highly considered comment. A great contribution.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 13, 2018, 09:27:09 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't see how you can see what I don't.

That's the best piece of circular logic I've seen in ages! :lol:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 13, 2018, 10:13:33 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Vast majority of fans don't care, thankfully. All they're bothered about is results,  perfomance and entertainment. Only a minority are obsessed with over examining every news item, gossip, fake news and making negative propaganda out of it for their own personal satisfaction!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 13, 2018, 12:29:31 pm by roversdude »
Follow Barnsley follow F*cking Barnsley
What are you some kind of glory hunter who has suddenly woke up with additional digits
I guess your statement says it all about some of our so called support

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 13, 2018, 12:42:51 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't know about anyone else but I pay my season ticket price so I can watch Rovers play 23 games of football in a season. I don't take my outlay to mean j deserve to know everything going on at the club. Buy into the club, buy shares or get to the top end of the VSC if you want to know what's going on in that regard.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 13, 2018, 12:46:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
The maths around this isn't hard:

£50k per week on squad wages (as per last year)
Those who've departed collectively account for £10k per week
Those who come in account for £6-8k per week (3-4 players)
The remainder of the squad account for, say, a £2k per week uplift (5%)
Plus a bit of slack to pick up 1-2 loanees

So I don't think anyone's being diddled here. There's no great conspiracy, just a requirement for GM to spend his money wisely.

Can I ask you a question Big H are those figures
Hypothetical or what you understand has the real wage figures from last season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012