Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:58:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sensible Question Please  (Read 6619 times)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Sensible Question Please
« on July 16, 2018, 06:52:00 pm by Michael Shaw »
When I go to http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk  I get a review of the Rovers Vs Wigan game from the 5th May.
“Darren Ferguson is backing his side to spoil Wigan's party by beating them at the Keepmoat this afternoon.” .... etc, etc.

Ferguson is clearly history now and so is the last game of the season.

Can the index of this site only show reviews of games or could it show something more recent about Grant McCann and the current team facing the new season? I am just curious and this is only intended as a genuine question with no ulterior motive or sarcasm intended.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Sensible Question Please
« Reply #1 on July 16, 2018, 07:16:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You could write one? You appear to have lots of spare time....

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 16, 2018, 07:29:42 pm by Michael Shaw »
Just the sort of response I expected.

SARCASM, not a straight answer to a straight question which is why I have so little respect for anyone who shows up as VSC Member.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 16, 2018, 07:45:29 pm by StocktonRover »
Such a sweeping statement against any fan that feels he wants to voluntarily contribute to the ethos of what the VSC stands for - bizarre behaviour without knowing every member?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 16, 2018, 07:49:22 pm by RedJ »

SARCASM, not a straight answer to a straight question which is why I have so little respect for anyone who shows up as VSC Member.
Well the sarcasm wasn't necessary but the point stands - if you did want to write something to go on the front page I'm sure it would be welcomed.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 16, 2018, 08:03:04 pm by Iberian Red »
When I go to http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk  I get a review of the Rovers Vs Wigan game from the 5th May.
“Darren Ferguson is backing his side to spoil Wigan's party by beating them at the Keepmoat this afternoon.” .... etc, etc.

Can the index of this site only show reviews of games or could it show something more recent about Grant McCann and the current team facing the new season? I am just curious and this is only intended as a genuine question with no ulterior motive or sarcasm intended.

I've got a sensible question,and no sarcasm.
Were you and Cantley spawned by the same scrotum?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 16, 2018, 08:06:34 pm by Cantley Rover »

Judging by your previous posts does anyone seriously think you know what sensible means?

Or maybe Iberian Red talking b*llocks again might be more appropriate.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:13:42 pm by Cantley Rover »

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 16, 2018, 08:19:26 pm by keith79 »
It's like been at school.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 16, 2018, 08:23:20 pm by Iberian Red »

Judging by your previous posts does anyone seriously think you know what sensible means?

:) I'll take that,as a yes then.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 16, 2018, 08:23:34 pm by Cantley Rover »

Being! Pay attention boy.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 16, 2018, 08:25:43 pm by Cantley Rover »

How you take it is down to your own personal preference.  :crying:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:28:46 pm by Cantley Rover »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 16, 2018, 08:35:34 pm by Nudga »

Right up the marmite motorway you set o bumders.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 16, 2018, 08:46:16 pm by Cantley Rover »

Right up the marmite motorway you set o bumders.

Maybe he does a spot of uphill gardening in Portugal.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 16, 2018, 09:14:20 pm by roversdude »

Not sure I have ever slighted you my friend but thanks for the respect or lack of.
I for one am quite proud of being a VSC member

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 16, 2018, 09:17:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

It could if someone is writing it. (repeating in case that helps)

I do think the attack on VSC members is low.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 16, 2018, 09:45:30 pm by Michael Shaw »
No matter how polite my original question was, I knew it would immediately decent into a playground childishness, and sure enough a VSC member would be there.

Carry on all of you. I won't bother looking for a sensible answer because I know I won't get one.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 16, 2018, 09:53:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The suggestion (said 3 times) is absolutely a sensible reply. STrange you don't feel able to respond to it.

You knew it would descend... really? Why ask in the way you did then?

And again, give us a break fron the prejudice re VSC, it's not doing you any favours in the human being stakes. If you have an issue with someone, say so, but don't generalise like that, it makes you look an idiot, fact.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 16, 2018, 09:57:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If every thread you post on descends into playground childishness maybe you should look a little closer to home? there is only one common denominator after all....

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 16, 2018, 11:18:22 pm by jonnydog »

^ being

7/10 - Must try harder with spelling.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 16, 2018, 11:31:09 pm by VivaRovers »

It could show something more recent yes, but that would require someone giving up their free time to write something more recent to put in this place. It's important to remember that people who do things for the VSC, and the Supporters' Club, for that matter do so by giving up their own free time.

If you feel you have the free time and would really like to write something about the team facing the new season I'm sure the admins of this site would welcome it.

Is that sensible enough an answer?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 17, 2018, 12:13:51 am by RoversAlias »

The fact is this is a website to update on VSC matters and of course also houses the main forum for us Rovers fans to discuss the club. It isn't a journalistic website or anything, so those who write the match previews do it for free in their own time.

Now if you want written content covering the club there are several places to go. The local press of course report on the goings on every week, Glen has a site and a wonderful fanzine we can all read when they are released during the season, and fans of the club including myself contribute to a variety of different websites that can mainly be found by following the appropriate accounts on social media.

Besides that you can also create a platform and write about the club yourself. It's pretty easy to do and more often than not can be done to a good standard without spending any of your own money either.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 17, 2018, 09:14:17 am by idler »
Certain posters seem to write in exactly the same style about subjects that certain previous posters wasted pages on over the last three years or so.
They always seem to turn up in twos or threes before sinking without trace having contributed little, just trying to sow the seeds of disharmony.
A strong dislike or hatred of the VSC seems a common denominator despite probably meeting very few members in person.
I wonder how many pseudonyms some posters have or have had.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 17, 2018, 09:21:33 am by RedJ »
Personally I'd love to get an official count on madmick accounts down the years.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 17, 2018, 09:47:08 am by Filo »
Certain posters seem to write in exactly the same style about subjects that certain previous posters wasted pages on over the last three years or so.
They always seem to turn up in twos or threes before sinking without trace having contributed little, just trying to sow the seeds of disharmony.
A strong dislike or hatred of the VSC seems a common denominator despite probably meeting very few members in person.

My thoughts as well

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 17, 2018, 10:18:55 am by Cantley Rover »

My thoughts as well

Filo I asked a question of you some days ago about how moderators are appointed on this site. Can you tell me why that post was deleted?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 17, 2018, 10:23:33 am by Filo »

My thoughts as well

Filo I asked a question of you some days ago about how moderators are appointed on this site. Can you tell me why that post was deleted?

Get up date mate I'm not a moderator, and I did n't see your post, I have no idea how moderators are appointed these days

But you've kind of proved what Idler posted, a recentley new poster, but asking a moderation question to a former moderator, very strange! 😜
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:27:14 am by Filo »

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 17, 2018, 10:33:13 am by Cantley Rover »

My thoughts as well

Get up date mate I'm not a moderator, and I did n't see your post, I have no idea how moderators are appointed these days

But you've kind of proved what Idler posted, a recentley new poster, but asking a moderation question to a former moderator, very strange! 😜

Nothing sinister or strange at all about asking a simple question.
As for the content of idlers post. Maybe the answer is that those who sink without trace have been banned so haven't sunk without trace through their own choice.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 17, 2018, 01:26:21 pm by VSC »

We generally only post VSC related news and match previews to the VSC homepage, but would certainly welcome related articles from vsc members and rovers supporters alike!
If anyone would like to write an article to be published on the website, send it to website@drfc-vsc.co.uk :aok:

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 17, 2018, 03:28:28 pm by Iberian Red »

Thank you for ammending your previous homophobic racist answer.

I could only think of one possible reason for it.
You're a bonny young man that feels threatened or intimidated by those horrible homosexual types.

Don't worry tho,there is a solution.

Have you heard the expression" Travel broad3ns the mind"?

I recommend a day out in Barnsley for you!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 17, 2018, 03:38:15 pm by scawsby steve »
On the subject of new posters coming on and then vanishing without trace, I've noticed that some of them are women's names, maybe so not to arouse suspicion; fairly recently, we've had Susan Abbott and Anne Honymous, both of whom posted regularly and controversially, and then suddenly disappeared.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012