Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Salford City  (Read 9047 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Salford City
« Reply #30 on July 19, 2018, 07:40:26 am by Boomstick »
We didn’t half waste some money on strikers in the conference - Jackson, Alford, Sale, Newell and that lad only 40k but massive then and literally never played, was it Gary Williams? Lots of them I must confess look like JR-inspired vanity signings.
another dig at JR .
without him there would be no DRFC.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 19, 2018, 08:27:22 am by dickos1 »
Vanity is the wrong word, he wanted us to get out of non league just as much as any of us did.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 19, 2018, 12:55:15 pm by Boomstick »
wasn't sean Thornton on 3.5k ?
surely we had a smaller then ?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 19, 2018, 12:56:38 pm by The Red Baron »
He's turned down the chance to play in Europe to join a National League side? The money on offer must be eye-watering!

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 19, 2018, 08:38:00 pm by BigH »
The trouble is that I don't think you can buy your way out of the National League.

As Salford will find out, they are now everyone's scalp to claim and with the way some teams play, the way some pitches play and the way some referees play there will be games where they just get battered.

Remember Fylde, who hammered the top 3 teams by scoring 5-7 goals when they played them at home. Odd results will keep happening.

Consistency, not money, is the key to getting out of that division.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 19, 2018, 10:22:22 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
My Lincoln supporting mates reckon they were often the biggest spenders in their time in the national league which didn't do them much good for a long time before the Cowley's came in. 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 19, 2018, 11:05:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
We didn’t half waste some money on strikers in the conference - Jackson, Alford, Sale, Newell and that lad only 40k but massive then and literally never played, was it Gary Williams? Lots of them I must confess look like JR-inspired vanity signings.
another dig at JR .
without him there would be no DRFC.

Wrong target comrade. Check my record on JR!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 19, 2018, 11:15:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They'll get about 2,000+ attendances this season.

Not bad, but there's a lot of other clubs in the league who'll get bigger gates....

I think more like 2.5k, and more if they are serious promotion contenders. Interesting to see how attendances go with such a massive catchment area, and with a lot of people feeling disconnected from the two prem sides by expense as well as the rest.

With a 5k ground, it looks like they'll be wanting to expand v soon with the current investment. A 5 year plan of established Championship football?

5 year plan?

I’ll believe it when I’m sat on the pins.

Bloody shite Bramhall.

Bram Hall? More like Bram Stoker after he’s sucked all the blood out of...

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 20, 2018, 06:23:10 am by roversdude »
Maybe the lad just wants a challenge lol or he wants the chance to work with the class of 92 blah blah.
I believe one of the main problems at Chesterfield last season was the disparity in wages, they had a striker who was on a reputed £6k/week. Crazy money

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 06, 2018, 08:25:30 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
well some of you might recall Crawley buying there way out of the league. Funny story Fatti Evans was the Manager of Rotherham at the time and came on Radio dada and said non league Crawleys had offered £250,000 for a Rotherham player and did alll the moaning etc. I knew then Crawley at 6/1 were certs for the Championship but that was done on "low key" not a lot of people realised what was going on not like this mob   with more money than sense and the players training in high visibility jackets

It was ironic that Evans had left Crawley after 7 years to join Rotherham

i looked at the odds saturday and the hype and £Sd had caused  them to be around 2/1 .

this is a very fast starting league playing twice a week   watched Saltford on Saturday on the TV and they should have lost end of 

Martin Allens mob got a dour win on Saturday (would expect nothing else) and play a top 7 team Aldershot Tuesday who have lost a few players -- think he nicked one from them

He's also just signed that bloke who continually threw the ball into the Rovers penalty when there was an air raid over the keepmoat last time barnet played Rovers  -- Muggleton so it's route 1(extreme)   they go to war at Salford on August 19th

7/2 for promotion looks a far better bet  - hedge some of it off if they only make the play offs  maybe some of you want each way around 8/1

seems coleman is a big chessie fan this year as opposed to wolves wigan and luton last season

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 06, 2018, 08:30:32 pm by Filo »
well some of you might recall Crawley buying there way out of the league. Funny story Fatti Evans was the Manager of Rotherham at the time and came on Radio dada and said non league Crawleys had offered £250,000 for a Rotherham player and did alll the moaning etc. I knew then Crawley at 6/1 were certs for the Championship but that was done on "low key" not a lot of people realised what was going on not like this mob   with more money than sense and the players training in high visibility jackets

i looked at the odds saturday and the hype and £Sd had caused  them to be around 2/1 .

this is a very fast starting league playing twice a week   watched Saltford on Saturday on the TV and they should have lost end of 

Martin Allens mob got a dour win on Saturday (would expect nothing else) and play a top 7 team Aldershot Tuesday who have lost a few players -- think he nicked one from them

He's also just signed that bloke who continually threw the ball into the Rovers penalty when there was an air raid over the keepmoat last time barnet played Rovers  -- Muggleton so it's route 1(extreme)   they go to war at Salford on August 19th

7/2 for promotion looks a far better bet  - hedge some of it off if they only make the play offs  maybe some of you want each way around 8/1

seems coleman is a big chessie fan this year as opposed to wolves wigan and luton last season

I got to say mate, I haven't a clue what you ramble on about half the time

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 06, 2018, 08:36:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Half the time? Very generous. It's like he's speaking a different language to the rest of us.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 06, 2018, 08:37:16 pm by RedJ »
It's as though SCWK ate space cakes before logging in.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 07, 2018, 12:29:45 am by Move DRFC »

Superb this hahahaha

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 07, 2018, 12:55:05 pm by Bezza »
i like the way Salford have done their ground in such a short time.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 07, 2018, 12:58:54 pm by GazLaz »
I hope they don’t win a game all season. I’ve had a lump on Leyton Orient. 14/1.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 07, 2018, 10:57:26 pm by The Red Baron »
Salford City P. 2 W. 0. D. 1. L. 1.

Solihull Moors P. 2. W. 2. D. 0. L. 0.

Funny old game!

I saw the Moors beat Maidenhead tonight and they were good value. If their finishing had been better it could have been a much fairer reflection of the game. They have a nice balance of youth and experience and although they won't win the National League I'd wager they will stay up with a bit to spare. Rovers scouts should have a look at Jamey Osborne (who has had a crack at the EFL with Grimsby), Jermaine Hylton and Tyrone Williams.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 07, 2018, 11:23:14 pm by Retdon1 »
I hope they don’t win a game all season. I’ve had a lump on Leyton Orient. 14/1.

That is where my money has gone too. Gone e/w at 14s

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 08, 2018, 09:08:02 am by The Red Baron »
Saw that Salford lost at Gateshead as well.

Welcome to the Conference Premier, lads.

Money gets you nowhere in this league unless you're hungry enough and have the b*llocks to contend with long-ass midweek trips to places like Gateshead and horrible winter days on a crap pitch, somewhere down south.

Ah well, they'll learn...

See my earlier comment. I do fancy Chesterfield to bounce back and although the football he plays isn't my cup of tea, you couldn't get a better manager than Martin Allen if you want promotion from the National League. Very similar to Warnock and the Championship.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 08, 2018, 12:41:17 pm by The Red Baron »
Was Muggleton, aka The Trebuchet, playing last night?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 08, 2018, 07:13:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

i looked at the odds saturday and the hype and £Sd  (that's money bet on them) had caused  them to be around 2/1 .

this is a very fast starting league playing twice a week (in fact 7 matches are played in August and 7 in September) watched Saltford on Saturday on the TV and they should have lost end of  (so they WERE already 2 points behind Chessie) AFTER LAST NIGHTS RESULT SALFORD COULD HAVE THE LEAGUE LOST BY THEN

Martin Allens mob got a dour win on Saturday (would expect nothing else) and play a top 7 team Aldershot Tuesday (yes Aldershot bossed the game 2nd half for a while but Martin has this team as fit as a butchers dog -- they harry and can play as Rigo found out last night) -- yes Aldershot are still a top 7 team who have lost a few players -- think he nicked one from them

He's also just signed that bloke who continually threw the ball into the Rovers penalty when there was an air raid over the keepmoat last time barnet played Rovers  -- Muggleton so it's route 1(extreme)   they go to war at Salford on August 19th forgot to mention they signed no other than Fortune who prefer them to Swindon -he was in Rovers league last year

7/2 for promotion looks a far better bet  - hedge some of it off if they only make the play offs  maybe some of you want each way around 8/1  EACH WAY IS NOW 9/2

salford scored first last night and still lost so they are already 5 points behind the Chessie juggernaught  -- 5 points is a lot -- so are orient who i expect top 7 .
Today Chessies odds for promotion are MASSIVELY reduced to 5/2 ---  if they dont win the league they will be less than that in the play offs . Then I might hedge - i know what players they have signed --so i can sleep at night because a big lump (of money) has gone from under my bed - so the bed is level !!! --- as usual this money has only been loaned

last season I had all the leagues won by October and had a very happy manager ended up a meatloaf 2 out of 3 aint bad -- POSSIBLY VERY POSSIBLY CHESSIE might have this league won by then who knows  --- rigo forgot to mention there were 4500 fans there last night nor how Martin Allen whipped up the crowd before and during the match for the slaughter. Chessie took 800 away on Saturday -- Salford took 90 away last night to Gateshead. -- 

and here's a reported quote from Radio Surrey which covers Aldershot despite it being in Hampshire

At the end the commentator on Radio Surrey said "If this Chestefield side start to roll it could be frightening."

so for the benefit of redj Over the last day Salford have gone out to 7/2 to win the league and Chesterfield are 9/2   hope you can all understand the words in red

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=4175;type=avatar
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:18:56 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012