Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:00:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This season  (Read 15017 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: This season
« Reply #120 on November 14, 2018, 10:27:25 pm by since-1969 »
Strengthen it in Jan and kick on for a top 6 finish
Forget promotion... it’s nit happening. Too many plates spinning
1) Poor overall depth in squad .
2) Injuries and discipline taking hold .
3) too many players out of contract
4) WE DON’T HAVE ANY MONEY to do solve everything!!!!

Solution ride out rest of season with choice loans and start afresh in the summer!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on November 14, 2018, 10:30:49 pm by mpc123 »

Solution ride out rest of season with choice loans and start afresh in the summer!

1 strengthen in Jan
2. Strengthen in Jan
3. Strengthen in Jan
4. We do and strengthen in jan

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on November 14, 2018, 10:41:55 pm by dickos1 »
We've just lost a mickey mouse trophy match playing a second string team with plenty of youngsters getting some game time and you chose to bring this up now?

Our form has dipped without doubt however confidence can be gained as well as lost. A sledgehammer to crack a nut may not be the right approach.

Today’s game is irrelevant really I think the obvious point is, the squad isn’t strong enough

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on November 14, 2018, 11:06:51 pm by Michael Shaw »
I don't agree that this game is now irrelevant just because we lost it. Had we beaten Chorley and Notts County we would have all said we are getting back on target and team is regaining confidence. Anyone not disappointed with 6 games without a win has no ambition.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on November 14, 2018, 11:50:05 pm by since-1969 »

1 strengthen in Jan
2. Strengthen in Jan
3. Strengthen in Jan
NO MONEY!!! Only too many poor players

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on November 15, 2018, 06:52:48 am by DonnyOsmond »

1 strengthen in Jan
2. Strengthen in Jan
3. Strengthen in Jan

I'm starting to think you want us to have no money.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on November 15, 2018, 07:29:20 am by Michael Shaw »
I suspect when McCann arrived at the Keepmoat he told the board what they wanted to hear in that he could build a promotion winning squad largely using the existing team. He told the players that they were as good as any in this league, with no-one to fear, and psychologically boosted the squad. That’s all ok as long as we keep winning. But a few successive losses soon knocks the wheels off the wagon as players struggle to cope with losses  after believing they are the best. Wins from the cups could have promoted confidence, that has all gone wrong. I think we need a major shake-up at Christmas or we will end up with another season with a top 6 or 7 budget and ending up in about 15th again. If that happens the board can’t consider they are getting value for money from the manager or players.

That’s just my opinion, but it is hard to feel optimistic based on the current form and I can’t see what McCann can do with the existing squad.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on November 15, 2018, 07:29:42 am by mpc123 »

1 strengthen in Jan
2. Strengthen in Jan
3. Strengthen in Jan

The club said there will be monies available to invest in Jan, so I don't know what you are talking about or which club.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on November 15, 2018, 07:37:53 am by mpc123 »
I suspect when McCann arrived at the Keepmoat he told the board what they wanted to hear in that he could build a promotion winning squad largely using the existing team. He told the players that they were as good as any in this league, with no-one to fear, and psychologically boosted the squad. That’s all ok as long as we keep winning. But a few successive losses soon knocks the wheels off the wagon as players struggle to cope with losses  after believing they are the best. Wins from the cups could have promoted confidence, that has all gone wrong. I think we need a major shake-up at Christmas or we will end up with another season with a top 6 or 7 budget and ending up in about 15th again. If that happens the board can’t consider they are getting value for money from the manager or players.

That’s just my opinion, but it is hard to feel optimistic based on the current form and I can’t see what McCann can do with the existing squad.

The form of every club has dips no matter which club you are.

Some fans panic just setting in and that panic at the ground from the fans the players will feel.

Get back to a win and we will be back on the promotion party.

Guaranteed that no team will have ever got promoted by constantly being negative about their chances and that will be fans included.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on November 15, 2018, 08:32:54 am by Michael Shaw »
I can’t fault McCann for trying to motivate the players. I like the 4-3-3 formation and he does not keep changing formations, or move players into the wrong positions, which were last year’s issues. I don’t feel any subs he brings on makes a lot of difference. I just feel he is short of options right now.
My views are calm and unemotional  and far from panic setting in.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on November 16, 2018, 05:42:11 pm by karlos »
Things will be ok in January or the summer or next January then the following summer. Same old story some people are just happy to go along with what ever the club is telling them!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on November 16, 2018, 05:45:04 pm by RedJ »
Some people just happy to assume the club has any reason to actually lie to them and create conspiracies.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on November 16, 2018, 05:47:24 pm by karlos »
Every club lied to a extent!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on November 16, 2018, 06:03:58 pm by RedJ »
Have they though or did you make that up to try and add weight to your argument?

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on November 16, 2018, 06:20:35 pm by karlos »
Lol redj you really are brainwashed

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on November 16, 2018, 06:48:25 pm by RedJ »
Brainwashed just because I don't believe there's a massive conspiracy to lie to the supporters from the club? f**k me where can I get one of your tinfoil hats from?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on November 16, 2018, 07:22:27 pm by vaya »
Brainwashed just because I don't believe there's a massive conspiracy to lie to the supporters from the club? f**k me where can I get one of your tinfoil hats from?

Tinfoil? You're living in a fantasy world. The club will only pay out for cling film.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on November 16, 2018, 09:59:00 pm by dickos1 »
It’s pointless arguing about it, we’re told We have money to spend in jan. So let’s see what McCann does with it

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on November 16, 2018, 11:57:47 pm by mpc123 »
Things will be ok in January or the summer or next January then the following summer. Same old story some people are just happy to go along with what ever the club is telling them!

If they tell us anything different we will be getting lied to so what do you want them to say lol.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on November 17, 2018, 06:49:51 am by raggytash »
How much longer is this ‘5 year plan’ to go??? Not too long in my reckoning..   how much further are we????

1. Absolutely nowhere near a championship club, the board made the appointments and the transfer kitty across the board as been nothing like to get a championship club, same old story every year and nothing to back it up... the proof is there... theve spent peanuts on bringing people in.. ok there’s the odd decent freebie along with signing on fees etc, but even these get over looked my theory is the clubs reluctance to pay agents.

2 the dons were involved in the ‘5 year plan’ where are they??? In the worst league possible with worse crowds than when they entered the joint ownership with Club Doncaster and there certainly nowhere near a championship or was mentioned a super league club!!!

All in all the board are happy to carry on doing nothing, and until it’s put to them what’s happened??? Nothing will change...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on November 17, 2018, 09:15:09 am by vaya »
How much longer is this ‘5 year plan’ to go??? Not too long in my reckoning..   how much further are we????

1. Absolutely nowhere near a championship club, the board made the appointments and the transfer kitty across the board as been nothing like to get a championship club, same old story every year and nothing to back it up... the proof is there... theve spent peanuts on bringing people in.. ok there’s the odd decent freebie along with signing on fees etc, but even these get over looked my theory is the clubs reluctance to pay agents.

2 the dons were involved in the ‘5 year plan’ where are they??? In the worst league possible with worse crowds than when they entered the joint ownership with Club Doncaster and there certainly nowhere near a championship or was mentioned a super league club!!!

All in all the board are happy to carry on doing nothing, and until it’s put to them what’s happened??? Nothing will change...

Presumably you put all this to them at the Meet the Owners event, rather than just sit on your hands and keep quiet?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on November 17, 2018, 10:26:55 am by ravenrover »
Has St Caths opened the doors this week?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on November 17, 2018, 10:43:31 am by vaya »
Has St Caths opened the doors this week?

Doors? You're living in a fantasy world. The club will only pay out for flyscreens.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on November 17, 2018, 10:44:39 am by karlos »
why did you escape lol

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on November 17, 2018, 11:49:08 am by raggytash »
Worse thing is some of you can’t reply with a decent answer because I’m right..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on November 17, 2018, 12:15:53 pm by vaya »
Worse thing is some of you can’t reply with a decent answer because I’m right..

So did you mention all this at the Meet the Owners event?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012