Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:49:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sale  (Read 19398 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Sale
« Reply #30 on July 22, 2018, 10:14:12 pm by RedJ »
I want to know what Liam Hoden has to say about it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 22, 2018, 11:27:45 pm by Drover »
Maybe Raggytash was Phishing,and SM had a nibble at the bait?Can I have 2 and 4 letter of your password?Pardon,No the 1st and 3rd.Thank you that's all gone throu.............

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2018, 09:39:24 am by Boomstick »
Obviously I’m not going to put the source but it’s nailed on.,.  People were asking so I’ve told them.... like it or not...  maybe SM could back me up on this!!

I'm sorry but I can't support you on this. Andy picked up from where his Dad left off. So, its pretty much business as usual at the moment.

not the stern rebuttal I was expecting.
I'm taking particular interest in your 'pretty much' and 'at the moment' comments.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2018, 12:10:47 pm by silent majority »
Obviously I’m not going to put the source but it’s nailed on.,.  People were asking so I’ve told them.... like it or not...  maybe SM could back me up on this!!

I'm sorry but I can't support you on this. Andy picked up from where his Dad left off. So, its pretty much business as usual at the moment.

I'm taking particular interest in your 'pretty much' and 'at the moment' comments.

You want a stern rebuttal? OK, the poster who suggested TB is the only one putting in funds, and at a lower level than before, is talking complete rubbish. AW, as I've said before, picked up from where his Dad left off, which was incredibly generous of him.

Therefore to suggest otherwise is an incredible slight on him as an individual.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2018, 12:16:44 pm by Boomstick »

You want a stern rebuttal? OK, the poster who suggested TB is the only one putting in funds, and at a lower level than before, is talking complete rubbish. AW, as I've said before, picked up from where his Dad left off, which was incredibly generous of him.

that wasn't what I was referring to. of that I have no doubt.

i was referring to the rumour of the club being up for sale.  Any comment?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2018, 12:19:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

that wasn't what I was referring to. of that I have no doubt.

i was referring to the rumour of the club being up for sale.  Any comment?

Why did you question the use of the 'pretty much' and 'at the moment' comments when they weren't referring to the question of the club being for sale at all then? In fact the whole of what you quoted was nothing to do with it! :silly:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2018, 12:23:50 pm by Boomstick »
actually. I've mis-understood, apologies.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2018, 12:31:59 pm by mpc123 »
Thanks SM, another raggytash post bites the dust

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 23, 2018, 12:41:51 pm by selby »
  Boomstick, I guess you are new to the club or have a bad memory.
  The club was for sale years ago, with interest shown by different consortiums or whatever.
   Those trying to buy the club were dismissed for different reasons by the present owners, for reasons of finance, ethics and their vision of how the club was to be run, and we should be thankful to the present owners they had the foresight,   the presence of mind, and the personal finances to  dismiss the offers.
   I am sure that if an offer was received  from a party that met the stringent conditions set out by the board, who are all successful business people it would be considered, and one day it may happen.
  Until then, unless you or someone you know has the necessary funds and intentions, yes the club may be for sale. 

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 23, 2018, 12:44:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Thanks SM, another raggytash post bites the dust

A 'nailed on' one at that. Doesn't say much for his others!

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 23, 2018, 12:53:09 pm by Boomstick »
  The club was for sale years ago, with interest shown by different consortiums or whatever.
   Those trying to buy the club were dismissed for different reasons by the present owners, for reasons of finance, ethics and their vision of how the club was to be run, and we should be thankful to the present owners they had the foresight,   the presence of mind, and the personal finances to  dismiss the offers.
   I am sure that if an offer was received  from a party that met the stringent conditions set out by the board, who are all successful business people it would be considered, and one day it may happen.
  Until then, unless you or someone you know has the necessary funds and intentions, yes the club may be for sale. 

you guess wrong, i know in good detail what's gone off with the club over the last 20+ years.

as for your point,  don't know what your getting at?
I'm simply wondering if there's any truth in the rumour about the club being up for sale.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 23, 2018, 12:58:13 pm by RobTheRover »
Football clubs are always subject to speculation of ownership bids, takeovers, etc.  Even the FA try to push "suitors" towards clubs.  Its up to each club to assess any potential offer and act accordingly.

It wouldn't surprise me if there has been someone enquire about buying the club.  After all, its the finest club in the land, as we all know already, right?  ;)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 23, 2018, 01:34:13 pm by selby »
  Boomstick, I was getting at the fact that the club has never not been for sale, if the correct financial, and the present board are confident they will be handing over to the right sort of owners, with the clubs interests confirmed.
   The present business model, the infrastructure, and the population in the area could make it a desirable acquisition to the right people with funds to invest.
  It could be a far better bet for returns than some of the old traditional clubs that change hands on a regular basis in the hands of people with a bit of vision.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 23, 2018, 01:48:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Genuine and (hopefully) non-provocative question. If an offer was made by a reputable party to buy the club, with the intention of spending 20 million quid on the team, would the owners consider this against their principle of self-sustainability and therefore refuse the sale in their belief it is not in the best interests of the club?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 23, 2018, 02:09:21 pm by selby »
  B.B. I know what you are getting at, but do you think that anyone would invest £20 million without at least getting a return on their outlay, and in the long run the underlying business could underscore the outlay.
   The stadium itself must have realised a significant amount of money, compared to when we first moved in over the last few years, the lease being much more valuable now than when we acquired it I imagine.
  The playing side would be only part of the venture if owners really wanted to realise the full value of this club.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 23, 2018, 02:17:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby, it was a hypothetical question with a hypothetical figure of 20 million quid. Say 10 million then, or even 5 million. Maybe the would-be buyers see the potential in the club's vast catchment area and fancy a shot at the Premier League?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 23, 2018, 02:43:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Selby, it was a hypothetical question with a hypothetical figure of 20 million quid. Say 10 million then, or even 5 million. Maybe the would-be buyers see the potential in the club's vast catchment area and fancy a shot at the Premier League?

If any new potential owner wanted to throw £20m at promotion it wouldn't be a problem if the club isn't saddled with any debt.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 23, 2018, 02:44:57 pm by selby »
   Done the right way B.B. how could any of us supporters object to any investment in the team.
   The hard part is getting the right people to do it.
  My own preference would be for some monnied person to come along and work alongside the investors we already have.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 23, 2018, 02:53:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't think anyone would object, Selby, but it does make you wonder with some of the comments on this forum!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 23, 2018, 03:19:34 pm by RedJ »
Depends if it was someone that they reckon would try and do it with a long term approach i.e. if you're going to spunk millions on it, don't f**k off down the line and leave the club in the shit.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 23, 2018, 03:37:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Aye, we don't want to end up a lower league club with low budget signings, do we!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 23, 2018, 04:04:15 pm by RedJ »
I was thinking more along the lines of being on the verge of going bust but you know.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 23, 2018, 04:06:09 pm by Rovers Return »
Aye, we don't want to end up a lower league club with low budget signings, do we!

Well not any lower that’s for sure! Been there, seen that, done that! For the vast majority of my life anyway.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 23, 2018, 04:09:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why should we go bust? It's hardly a common occurrence because of investment! I'd have thought there'd be more chance of going bust with under-investment.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 23, 2018, 04:17:25 pm by RedJ »
Okay well this is obviously going to descend into becoming a clone of 95% of other threads this summer so I'll leave it at that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 23, 2018, 04:19:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 23, 2018, 07:36:29 pm by silent majority »

you guess wrong, i know in good detail what's gone off with the club over the last 20+ years.

I'm simply wondering if there's any truth in the rumour about the club being up for sale.

I'm more interested in your comment ' I know in good detail what's gone off with the club in the last 20+ years'. Care to expand on this?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 23, 2018, 08:01:59 pm by Boomstick »

I'm more interested in your comment ' I know in good detail what's gone off with the club in the last 20+ years'. Care to expand on this?

Just that I'm a fan and closely follow the club like a lot on here

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 27, 2018, 08:53:23 pm by Drover »
Genuine and (hopefully) non-provocative question. If an offer was made by a reputable party to buy the club, with the intention of spending 20 million quid on the team, would the owners consider this against their principle of self-sustainability and therefore refuse the sale in their belief it is not in the best interests of the club?

They may well do,IF the interested party could prove they have the £20 million up front,and will not continue to spend huge amounts of the money the club don't have,when the £20 mill is spent,and put the club at risk.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012