Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:20:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Silver membership  (Read 3494 times)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Silver membership
« on August 10, 2018, 07:36:16 pm by Scooter »
Are you meant to get a gift with a silver membership?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Silver membership
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2018, 07:39:38 pm by ravenrover »
I think it's silver plus.
Speaking of which how or where do you claim the programme and half time draw ticket?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2018, 07:43:38 pm by LincsRover »

Yes, a scarf, a list of fixtures and, at some point in August, a new DNA card. The scarf and list will be waiting in the office.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2018, 07:45:13 pm by drfchound »
Wasn’t the scarf for people who paid early though.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 10, 2018, 08:08:33 pm by Scooter »

Yes, a scarf, a list of fixtures and, at some point in August, a new DNA card. The scarf and list will be waiting in the office.

Is that just for silver plus?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2018, 08:14:47 pm by RoversAlias »

Is that just for silver plus?

No, I'm not Silver Plus and I got the scarf etc.

Smithers-Jones

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 10, 2018, 08:18:07 pm by Smithers-Jones »
I got a scarf and poster in a presentation box when I picked up my season ticket and I have Silver membership.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2018, 08:37:36 pm by Scooter »
Ok thanks everyone

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2018, 08:46:13 pm by elmsallrover »
I got a scarf and poster in a presentation box when I picked up my season ticket and I have Silver membership.
me too

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 11, 2018, 07:48:22 am by Donnywolf »
The Scarf actually has the words "Silver Member  2018/19" woven into it

PS if anyone wants mine for a Fiver I will give the Fiver to the VSC Foodbank collection

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 11, 2018, 07:49:27 am by i_ateallthepies »
They said to me the gift was for earlybird renewal.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 11, 2018, 09:04:41 am by hoolahoop »

PS if anyone wants mine for a Fiver I will give the Fiver to the VSC Foodbank collection

Wolfie I will give you a £10 for the food bank collection and the scarf of course if you still have it .

Incidentally what do folk do with their home and away shirts ? I have tended in the past to donate them to a clubhouse when travelling abroad. For years when travelling I've worn them and then they have usually become a topic of conversation with locals and to me there is little reason for them to be sat in drawer after drawer . It's surprising how recognised they sometimes are abroad . Perhaps it's because our shirts are fairly unique.
Have boatloads of programmes too somewhere in the garage gathering dust - I stopped buying them a few years back now.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 11, 2018, 11:06:55 am by Donnywolf »
 :thumbsup: Very generous  :scarf:
Are you going today ?
If YES I will be where the VSC Foodbank is about 2 .... if you are going to be later I will leave the Scarf Poster and Box with Martin so just pick up at your leisure

Cheers on behalf of the beneficiaries !
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:24:47 am by Donnywolf »

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 11, 2018, 02:01:32 pm by Superspy »
They said to me the gift was for earlybird renewal.

Sure you're not thinking of the "first 500" gift - vouchers, VR headset, Xbox, etc?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 11, 2018, 05:33:11 pm by RedJ »
Bought a season ticket today for a younger relative and no box with scarf etc, yet others were getting them. Must be some criteria for it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 11, 2018, 09:05:52 pm by ravenrover »
early bird reward they told me

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 11, 2018, 09:17:01 pm by drfchound »
early bird reward they told me

Yep, that’s what I thought too.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 11, 2018, 09:58:03 pm by Donnywolf »

Wolfie I will give you a £10 for the food bank collection and the scarf of course if you still have it .

Incidentally what do folk do with their home and away shirts ? I have tended in the past to donate them to a clubhouse when travelling abroad. For years when travelling I've worn them and then they have usually become a topic of conversation with locals and to me there is little reason for them to be sat in drawer after drawer . It's surprising how recognised they sometimes are abroad . Perhaps it's because our shirts are fairly unique.
Have boatloads of programmes too somewhere in the garage gathering dust - I stopped buying them a few years back now.

Hoola - update

I have left the Scarf with SM and you can collect any Game where the Foodbank is in operation

Drop yer Tenner in the box and the jobs a good 'un !!!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:02:59 am by Donnywolf »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 12, 2018, 06:40:43 am by hoolahoop »
Are you going today ?
If YES I will be where the VSC Foodbank is about 2 .... if you are going to be later I will leave the Scarf Poster and Box with Martin so just pick up at your leisure

Shame as you know didn't get there yesterday afternoon but understand that Martin has it ( the scarf) @ the food bank.
Got to share a couple of pints last night at the Thorne " real ale " festival in the market place and caught up on the match thanks John.

If it stops pissing it down today - advise anyone who like their ale blond, brunette or black to pay a visit today . The " White Rat " is a nice blond. Choice of roughly 20-25 ales , lagers and gins . Music was decent too with some decent solo acts

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 12, 2018, 08:12:41 am by Donnywolf »
Was the underside of that Table clean when you looked lol

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 12, 2018, 08:23:40 am by Donnywolf »
Seriously I had a word with Martin about a kind of Bring and Buy to boost the Foodbank "coffers"

There must be loads of old scrotes like me who gratefully accept Gifts such as the Scarf and Poster package and the 10 Year ST Pin Badge and just "sit on them".

I had the idea above to offer my Scarf up for a Fiver and give the Cash to the VSC Foodbank.. Hoola kindly made it £10 so to me a Win Win. I have downsized something which would have stayed on a Shelf - Hoola is happy as he now has a great scarf - and the Foodbank customers benefit from the transaction

So I was suggesting yesterday that anyone with similar items such as these Scarves may hand them in to the Foodbank if they dont want or need them and anyone wanting one could check in and see if there were any available for "sale".

It would / could work for many items but this was just my rough initial suggestion - and hopefully Martin will like the idea and be able to "refine" it over time

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 12, 2018, 08:26:01 am by Highland Rover »
Also got my Silver Membership yesterday but what are the vouchers and event tickets for ???

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 12, 2018, 09:17:13 am by Filo »
Are you going today ?

Shame as you know didn't get there yesterday afternoon but understand that Martin has it ( the scarf) @ the food bank.
Got to share a couple of pints last night at the Thorne " real ale " festival in the market place and caught up on the match thanks John.

If it stops pissing it down today - advise anyone who like their ale blond, brunette or black to pay a visit today . The " White Rat " is a nice blond. Choice of roughly 20-25 ales , lagers and gins . Music was decent too with some decent solo acts

Drove by there last night, its a shame the weather let it down, Thorne Market Place is ideal for that kind of thing, chairs and tables  outside etc.

As long as the d**kheads from Willas don't nip over and spoil it

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 12, 2018, 09:29:54 am by RedJ »
Also got my Silver Membership yesterday but what are the vouchers and event tickets for ???

Whatever the club decides they'll be used for. Like the Coppinger event the other year you had to have a voucher (i.e. be a STH) to attend, or there's usually one for a discount on the fireworks display.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 12, 2018, 10:41:03 am by StocktonRover »

Whatever the club decides they'll be used for. Like the Coppinger event the other year you had to have a voucher (i.e. be a STH) to attend, or there's usually one for a discount on the fireworks display.

Not sure if it was just wishful thinking but there was some comments around yesterday about a voucher being used in exchange for an away game ticket. Seems a strange one as it would cost the club quite a bit as they would still have to buy them from the home club.

Could be a way of getting a larger than usual away following at somewhere with a large capacity away section though?

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 12, 2018, 12:02:59 pm by sheffield exile1 »

Hoola, we are trying to organise a programme fair so dust them down and make sure they are in good nick. Water damage is a problem. If you make a profit you can also donate to the foodbank if you so wish...

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 12, 2018, 03:05:44 pm by RedRover45 »

Hoola, we are trying to organise a programme fair so dust them down and make sure they are in good nick. Water damage is a problem. If you make a profit you can also donate to the foodbank if you so wish...

Sheffield Exile, if you need any help in organising a programme fair, please let me know. I'm up for that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 12, 2018, 07:43:40 pm by Donnywolf »
Would love to have a Prog Fair - do you think I can offload about 900 Progs for what I paid 6 years ago - namely 140 quid ?

Mostly North West Clubs with about 3 or 4 Man U full Seasons amongst them ?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 12, 2018, 07:53:43 pm by goalkick »
Getting rid a large amount of 60s.  70s. 80s. Programmes. All rovers.a fair would be ideal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012