Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:26:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The 2 new signings  (Read 4025 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
The 2 new signings
« on August 01, 2018, 01:39:37 pm by Retdon1 »
I’m just read on Twitter that Liam Hoden has wrote that the two new signings will be Taylor and Veria... so 1 for the development squad and another who is a few weeks away from being fit and is a loose cannon..... I don’t get McCanns reluctance to spend some of this increased budget on players who can go straight into our first 11.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:11:18 pm by Retdon1 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: The 2 new signings
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2018, 01:54:28 pm by GazLaz »
I’m just read on Twitter that Liam Hoden has wrote that the two new signings will be Taylor and Veria... so 1 for the development squad and another who is a few weeks away from being for and is a loose cannon..... I don’t get McCanns reluctance to spend some of this increased budget on players who can go straight into our first 11.

He’s obviously not got loads left or he would be spending it. If we have a top 6 budget out big four earners, Copps, Butler, John and Rowe must be on plenty.

I said last season I would get rid of Copps and Butler if it meant freeing up a good % of the budget.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2018, 01:56:50 pm by drfchound »
Yet another thread on the budget subject, repeating again what is on almost every other football related thread.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2018, 02:02:01 pm by mpc123 »
Gazlad is obsessed it probably time now to ignore, all the questions have been answered.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2018, 02:08:46 pm by GazLaz »
People don’t have to read, or reply to these posts you know.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2018, 02:12:26 pm by Retdon1 »
I’m just read on Twitter that Liam Hoden has wrote that the two new signings will be Taylor and Veria... so 1 for the development squad and another who is a few weeks away from being for and is a loose cannon..... I don’t get McCanns reluctance to spend some of this increased budget on players who can go straight into our first 11.

He’s obviously not got loads left or he would be spending it. If we have a top 6 budget out big four earners, Copps, Butler, John and Rowe must be on plenty.

I said last season I would get rid of Copps and Butler if it meant freeing up a good % of the budget.

It’s starting to look more like this is the case

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2018, 02:21:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Last year we had a top 7 budget, this year our budget is the same or better. These are the facts, as far as can be known. I don't recall seeing anywhere that we have a top 6 budget this season, and to deduce that from those facts above won't be getting you a deerstalker hat anytime soon.
 :police:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2018, 02:22:38 pm by since-1969 »

Getting rid of Williams and Eniva was supposed to free up cash as they were on above the average wage, yet it did nothing but reduce the budget in real terms . The board are clear not giving GM anymore that DF . Let’s hope that we can defy the adage ‘ That you only  get what we pay for’ .

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 01, 2018, 02:24:03 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’m just read on Twitter that Liam Hoden has wrote that the two new signings will be Taylor and Veria... so 1 for the development squad and another who is a few weeks away from being fit and is a loose cannon..... I don’t get McCanns reluctance to spend some of this increased budget on players who can go straight into our first 11.

His Tweet says contract talks to start with Taylor and Vieira but the club are looking for other potential signings. Put's a different context on it.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 01, 2018, 02:24:15 pm by godlike1 »
all I can figure out is that they must say, you have circa £2m for your squad make it work. Oh and this covers wages and bonuses as well. make it work.

Thing is that if DF had used most of his budget last season on most of the above, you can't imagine that the players who went would allow much in the way of transfer fees. Maybe this is why DF left as he realised that to compete he wanted to actually buy someone without dismantling the squad hence why he left.

Even GB in his Free press interview did not fill my with much confidence where he says we got the Samish budget as last year.

I cannot see evidence that other than keeping the club afloat that there is a budget which cannot be seen as a promotion chasing one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 01, 2018, 02:32:33 pm by RedJ »
all I can figure out is that they must say, you have circa £2m for your squad make it work.
That does tend to be how budgets work... :laugh:

As we've seen with Whiteman (which turned out to be a poor signing), if a case can be made for signing a player money will be made available.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 01, 2018, 02:42:42 pm by MachoMadness »
“If there’s somebody else I think can improve us, then we’ll do that as well,” he said. “We’ll play it by ear. “We know the window shuts but the loan window stays open and the free market one too. “There’s plenty of maneouvring to be done and if there is someone better than what we’ve got, I’d be foolish not to do it.”

Sounds to me like he's keeping some back for when the season starts in case of injury/someone coming available. Could be canny business, could backfire.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 01, 2018, 02:44:43 pm by keith79 »
Anyone else feel we have a weaker team now than 12 months ago?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 01, 2018, 02:46:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »

No but I don't feel it's any better either.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 01, 2018, 02:47:06 pm by dickos1 »
Squad is weaker
First 11 will be just the same.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 01, 2018, 02:48:27 pm by MachoMadness »
Squad is weaker
First 11 will be just the same.

I would tend to agree with this. It does feel like we'll be heavily relying on loan players this year.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 01, 2018, 03:07:12 pm by raggytash »
Gazlaz is right.... theve spent nothing and yet again we all know they won’t admit it...people who can’t accept it need a shake.... no way will they admit problems pre season ie.. sponsorship and S/T but mark my words....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 01, 2018, 03:20:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget budget

Completely agree.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 01, 2018, 03:21:42 pm by mpc123 »
Gazlaz is right.... theve spent nothing and yet again we all know they won’t admit it...people who can’t accept it need a shake.... no way will they admit problems pre season ie.. sponsorship and S/T but mark my words....

Oh yes fully marked in all seriousness...... honest

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 01, 2018, 03:28:43 pm by mpc123 »
Raggytash you have been saying it since 2012, it really makes me laugh that some join in thinking it's a new thing.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 01, 2018, 04:17:00 pm by elmsallrover »
I don't understand why a 37year old player that probably won't play 2 games a week be a big wage earner?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 01, 2018, 04:18:54 pm by RedJ »
We don't even know what he's on though do we?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 01, 2018, 04:30:16 pm by steve@dcfd »

His Tweet says contract talks to start with Taylor and Vieira but the club are looking for other potential signings. Put's a different context on it.

That’s what said we all hope that is right. Let’s forget many posters on here were crying out for a midfield general and another striker similar to JM to support him we have neither and Taylor and Vieira won’t play those roles.

So I hope and I think many do that we get those potential signings to enable us to challenge all season up at the top six has the club requires with their target.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 01, 2018, 04:47:46 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I don't understand why a 37year old player that probably won't play 2 games a week be a big wage earner?

Probably the same way 60 odd year olds get paid more than younger people doing the same job

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 01, 2018, 06:13:28 pm by niteowler »
Raneri, the Leicester City manager probably only got a "keep us  up budget" a couple of years ago, and look what happened !

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 01, 2018, 06:14:43 pm by rtid88 »
Because he is still our best player! At his age he shouldn't be but the fact of the matter is without Copps in the team we don't create anything.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 01, 2018, 06:16:53 pm by since-1969 »
It’s definitely NOT stronger .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 01, 2018, 07:15:27 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Maybe what’s available would just be spending for the sake of it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 01, 2018, 07:33:30 pm by drfchound »
If McCann can’t get the players he wants then why would he just sign anybody.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 01, 2018, 07:36:36 pm by raggytash »
Seriously how can any donny fan... sit there and believe a word Baldwin or blunt says????? Both are full of shit, beyond the scale of anything normal.... I’m already getting excited about the excuses in 2 week!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012